Who else needs this off week?

jared52

I usually hate off weeks. Seem like there isn't anything to look forward to on Saturday, but I need this one. I am emotionally drained from the undefeated run, and I know our guys are getting a little banged up. I hope we can get Ingle and Jackson healthy.

WAR EAGLE!

Do what I did this week. Send the wife and kid away(if you got 'em) order a pizza, and watch the :ua: / :msu: game. It's nice not having to worry about which penalties and turnovers are gonna cost your team a victory. Also, the Miss St. game should be a very good game. They've gotten on a roll for the last two weeks.

I do , I've got to give TigerMom a break . It'll take me at least a week and lot of Crown to help her recover from this game. But I'll have her ready for GA--Her Tenn co worker is already telling us that Tenn can't be beaten twice in one year--I'll have to hold her back, there may be some blood spilled on the floor of her office. :cheer: WAR EAGLE

:roflol: I find it funny we as fans need this off week, almost as much as our beloved tigers. :roflol:

War Eagle!! 9-0!

Yea I definately need this week off.........I get way to freakin' Fired up :explode: When Campbell overthrows a receiver, We call that SLOW developing sweep play that we can't run against The Citadel, yet we still try (I'm not talking about the quick pitch we ran twice w/ Ronnie Brown for a couple big gains), When our O-Line gets that Stupid false start penalty (Twice or Three times in a Row), When we Score, When we get a First Down, When we get that important Sack especially on 3rd down, When we get the BIG Hit. Either way, I'm Always Fired UP :explode:. I got asked to leave from a Nice Steak House, that has a couple of TVs, Tonight. I don't even drink either, I'm just that Crazy for AU. Anyway WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

I am thankful that our Tigers are undefeated and, as of right now :D , ranked #3 in the Country.

I am thankful that our players and coaches can take a LITTLE, very little, time off to rest and heal. (And to get better!)

I am THANKFUL that my Doctor , who is also a friend and a former AU walk on, lives just a 1/4 mile down the road. :)

I am emotionally and physically DRAINED.

The next two weeks will be well spent getting ready for the biggest game played at JH in a long time.

WAR EAGLE...ONE at a time. :au:

We call that SLOW developing sweep play that we can't run against The Citadel, yet we still try (I'm not talking about the quick pitch we ran twice w/ Ronnie Brown for a couple big gains),

I know what your talking about...and I think it had to do with that sweep in the red zone to carnell that got nowhere. Did you not stop to realize that maybe Borges called that play for a reason? What was the very next play?

A FAKE SWEEP TO THE SAME SIDE WHICH THREW EVERY OLE MISS PLAYER OFF....Campbell pass....TOUCHDOWN AUBURN

You have to look at this stuff from an intellectual standpoint. Ya, that sweep got nowhere, but the very next play benefited from that play that got nowhere....the fake sweep shook everyone on the defensive side of the ball and I think its more than just luck, Borges knew it all the way....I mean cmon, a sweep to the left, gets nothing...fake sweep to the left on the next play, throws the defense off, touchdown.

Also, I think the o-line jumping so much had to do with the center. Even the espn commentators were noting the speed of the snap was not matching very well with the speed of our o-line therefore causing false starts. This will fix itself.

i'm ready for a break myself....no pressure, no stress......hell, i might even chase the ole lady around the house this week.......that would be like the dog that chases cars....what the hell is he going to do when he catches it?........

if the snap wasn't fumbled and if boregs would give the ball to ronnir or carnell 4 times insdie the 5, it would have been 14-0 in the first quarter and the beginning of a blowout......AU sure as hell didn't play up to standards last night.....that is a good sign,though......if you play less than your best and still win by 3 touchdowns,you are pretty good.....

We call that SLOW developing sweep play that we can't run against The Citadel, yet we still try (I'm not talking about the quick pitch we ran twice w/ Ronnie Brown for a couple big gains),

I know what your talking about...and I think it had to do with that sweep in the red zone to carnell that got nowhere. Did you not stop to realize that maybe Borges called that play for a reason? What was the very next play?

A FAKE SWEEP TO THE SAME SIDE WHICH THREW EVERY OLE MISS PLAYER OFF....Campbell pass....TOUCHDOWN AUBURN

You have to look at this stuff from an intellectual standpoint. Ya, that sweep got nowhere, but the very next play benefited from that play that got nowhere....the fake sweep shook everyone on the defensive side of the ball and I think its more than just luck, Borges knew it all the way....I mean cmon, a sweep to the left, gets nothing...fake sweep to the left on the next play, throws the defense off, touchdown.

Also, I think the o-line jumping so much had to do with the center. Even the espn commentators were noting the speed of the snap was not matching very well with the speed of our o-line therefore causing false starts. This will fix itself.

116723[/snapback]

Yea I know what happened on the Very Next Play. But, we ran it four times before the TD Toss, in those four times we got behind the chains on first down. We could've done the fake toss TD pass on them all game, I mean yea, that play Might get us Positive yards one day. But, against ALOT tougher opponents that have Very Strong Defenses, (ie Georgia, Alabama, Tenn., Top 10 up). We can't afford to get behind the chains on these teams. We can't afford to be in obvious passing downs. I will always be ticked off about that Slow A$$ Sweep. I guess we've got the luxury to pinpoint a handful of plays to be pissed off at, and not the entire game (ie Alabama)..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!! WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

What if...?

What if we had been forced to put off LSU until this week because of Hurricane Ivan?

What if Jason had not had the last minute, come-from-behind drive against the Bengals? In my mind, that was the point in the season when he proved to himself he could be a leader, and when everyone on offense gained the confidence to be great.

What if LSU had not lost at that time? They haven't looked real strong since, but would their season be different if they hadn't had that emotional setback? Could we be facing a much different, and much more dangerous-maybe even 9-0-LSU team now?

What if we didn't have a week off to recuperate and recharge before facing a very dangerous Georgia team?

Yeah, I'd say we can all use a breather!

I'm soooooooooo ready for this week off. I'm tired, hoarse (which can easily turn into a serious URI at this time of year), and ready to relax for a good while.

Mrs. MDM4AU is ready for an off week! I saw something in her eyes this weekend that kinda scared me! Every week we are either in Auburn or at someone else's house watching AU Football. That is after HS Football on Friday nights (she is a cheerleading sponsor). If I don't take her out next Saturday night, there may be trouble! :D

Her Tenn co worker is already telling us that Tenn can't be beaten twice in one year

116671[/snapback]

I hope that we beat UT 3 times in the span of 15 months.... :cheer::cheer:

:D

Mrs. MDM4AU is ready for an off week!  I saw something in her eyes this weekend that kinda scared me!  Every week we are either in Auburn or at someone else's house watching AU Football.  That is after HS Football on Friday nights (she is a cheerleading sponsor).  If I don't take her out next Saturday night, there may be trouble!  :D

116802[/snapback]

Can you take her somewhere that's showing the Bama-MSU game just in case Sylvester Croom has another "signature win". :big:

...but then I'd hate for you to end up divorced because of Bama game.

Archived