Just trying to be happy

vatz22au

Ok....listen.....If I talk about a national championship, or an sec championship...that does not influence the way auburn plays on saturdays ONE BIT. My god everyone, we are 9-0...doing EXTREMELY well...and it gets really tough to even talk about the POSSIBILITY of a national championship without a fellow auburn fan noting," Ok but we have this next weekend...lets just think about that game"...or people actually telling others to COMPLETELY stop talking about a national championship.

People...I understand we have to take it game by game, but there comes a time when you just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite teams efforts and possibilities. The auburn nation is SOOO NEW to this whole undefeated thing and bcs thing that we are acting like a bunch of wusses. I myself like the attitude," hell ya were gonna go to the national championship...and it starts every saturday". Thats an attitude of a winner, not a pansy.

You have to realize that talking about a national or sec championship in NO WAY influences the way auburn plays every saturday. You really think me posting something about a championship game will cause auburn to lose!?!?!? If that was the case, we dont deserve to be in the top ten! People....cmon....give it a break...embrace the possiblities but in the same sense, also take it one game at a time.

vatz22au, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sick of all this quiet confidence and cautious optimism. People, you know, there is a difference between the obnoxious boasting of the Bamas of the world and the vocalization of heartfelt excitement. Don't be afraid to let people know how proud you are of your Tigers.

:au: WDE :au:

PS - We could all work on our using of the possessive gerund every now and then. It's a nice way to trick people into thinking you're smarter than you really are. :P

vatz22au Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Ok....listen.....If I talk about a national championship, or an sec championship...that does not influence the way auburn plays on saturdays ONE BIT. My god everyone, we are 9-0...doing EXTREMELY well...and it gets really tough to even talk about the POSSIBILITY of a national championship without a fellow auburn fan noting," Ok but we have this next weekend...lets just think about that game"...or people actually telling others to COMPLETELY stop talking about a national championship.

People...I understand we have to take it game by game, but there comes a time when you just need to sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite teams efforts and possibilities. The auburn nation is SOOO NEW to this whole undefeated thing and bcs thing that we are acting like a bunch of wusses. I myself like the attitude," hell ya were gonna go to the national championship...and it starts every saturday". Thats an attitude of a winner, not a pansy.

You have to realize that talking about a national or sec championship in NO WAY influences the way auburn plays every saturday. You really think me posting something about a championship game will cause auburn to lose!?!?!? If that was the case, we dont deserve to be in the top ten! People....cmon....give it a break...embrace the possiblities but in the same sense, also take it one game at a time.

FINALLY SOME PRIDE AND CONFIDENCE IN OWNERSHIP!!!!!

:au:

vatz22au Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

FINALLY SOME PRIDE AND CONFIDENCE IN OWNERSHIP!!!!!

:au:

116753[/snapback]

lol...

When you got some pride, and some enthusiasm...your gonna come out on top. :au:

The only reason I can think of of NOT talking about the NC is if Auburn loose's and having to hear UGA fans or Bama fan's or Tenn etc..... laugh at us.....

Their going to hate us no matter what we do....if we beat them or not...if we're confident or humble....So you might as well be confident

Yeah our Tiger's didn't do that great against Ole miss....it wasn't because of overconfidence it was because of repetition of games and sheer boredom...I have a hard time getting up for Ole Miss.In the end we won by 21 points and if the 35 points would have been scored in the first half and the 14 scored in the fourth everybody would have probably felt different about the game....even though it's the same results.

Oh well these are kind of mixed thoughts but they all connect to the overconfidence=bighead=loss thing...

I think we can beat anyone when we're on fire...ANYONE...

WAR EAGLE

The only reason I can think of of NOT talking about the NC is if Auburn loose's and having to hear UGA fans or Bama fan's or Tenn etc..... laugh at us.....

Why would this matter? I don't change my opinion of Auburn based on the whims of opposing teams fans. If they were to beat us, yeah it would be tough, but they would have beaten a very good football team.

Their going to hate us no matter what we do....if we beat them or not...if we're confident or humble....So you might as well be confident

Yep!

Yeah our Tiger's didn't do that great against Ole miss....it wasn't because of overconfidence it was because of repetition of games and sheer boredom...I have a hard time getting up for Ole Miss.In the end we won by 21 points and if the 35 points would have been scored in the first half and the 14 scored in the fourth everybody would have probably felt different about the game....even though it's the same results.

Didn't do that great? The difference in this game a the others was we did all our scoring in the second half instead of the first. Statistically we were on par and only a couple of defensive miscues on some good WRs cost us points. So yes, you were correct in your last statement!

Oh well these are kind of mixed thoughts but they all connect to the overconfidence=bighead=loss thing...

I think we can beat anyone when we're on fire...ANYONE...

This is not the attitude of the 2004 Auburn Tigers. We are confident, poised and prepared. And ON FIRE!

WAR EAGLE

War Eagle, indeed! :)

Archived