Aver (0.935)=2

Auburn

AP (0.914)=3

USA-T (0.905)=3

Comp (0.930)=2

Aver (0.9165)=3

Go Aggies!!!!

Sorry about the BSC mistake. (Thanks ADMIN) Too many beers. :cheers:

Something not mentioned much but with the FSU loss they aren't breathing down our neck anymore and the chance of them getting a BCS game has slipped away.

Question. How will playing Tennessee again factor into the BCS? I know last year there was some griping about how the BCS was not going to take LSU's second game against UGA into account.

I too do a spreadsheet (except on Lotus).

Here are the numbers:

USC:

AP .9945 (actual)

ESPN .9941 (actual)

COMP .9800 (projected)

TOTAL .9895 (projected)

OKLA

AP .9575 (actual)

ESPN .9567 (actual)

COMP .9300 (projected)

TOTAL .9481 (projected)

AUBURN

AP .9274 (actual)

ESPN .9239 (actual)

COMP .9100 (projected)

TOTAL .9204 (projected)

Only two of the computer polls come out on Sunday. Of the other four, two come out on Monday just minutes before the BCS standings. So it's very hard to beat the BCS to the punch.

I have to believe that with two Top 10 opponents remaining, if we win out it will be to our advantage over Oklahoma.

Here's an interesting take for the poll voters: Oklahoma got their chance last year...USC and Auburn didn't!!

Go Texas A & M!!!!!

WDE!!!!!!!!!

Are you taking into account any first place votes we may get?

116795[/snapback]

The new formula does not take into account 1st place votes. Here's how to build your spreadsheet:

AP Weight = Vote Points/1625

USA-T Weight = Vote Points/1575

Computer Weight = Sum of 6/150

BCS = Average of the AP, UAS-T, and Computer.

You may have some rounding errors. I can't figure out if they are truncating or rounding the last digit, or maybe both.

You had better check your information before accusing someone of making a mistake. You are absolutely incorrect on two of your three assumptions.

First, in the ESPN poll, you take the number of points received and divide by 1525, not 1575.

And second, you obviously havn't done any research on the computer polls (...what an amateur). In the computer polls, there are six (6) of them. A team gets 25 points for first, 24 points for second, and so on. That would give you a total of 150 points. However, that's where you made an assumption that is not a fact. If you had researched the computer poll calculations, you would have found that you throw out the highest and lowest rankings and divide by 100.

So please....rookie wannabe statiticians stay off this board...let us old (and I mean old) pros do the work.

For those of you that want to know the real projections (and that's all they can be), I will post sometime around 3 pm on Sundays.

more dummies (rookies)...

see my post above (at 4:07 pm).

And BTW, they are actually what I said they were....projections. They may or may not be right....but I think they will be relatively close.

more dummies (rookies)...

see my post above (at 4:07 pm).

And BTW, they are actually what I said they were....projections. They amy or may not be right....but I think they will be relatively close.

116880[/snapback]

Who is amy??? :poke:

sorry...my fingers are slower than my brain

116884[/snapback]

:D

Curious: Why do you use 1-2-3??? I thought that most everyone has been forced to MS EXCEL.

-

Frustrated MAC user (part-time)

I'm from the old school. I used 1-2-3 in the 80's as well as Wordperfect. Wordperfect was the biggie then and Word was unknown. That changed. However, I continued to use both 1-2-3 and WP. It's funny...WP has made a comeback. If you buy a new Dell, they are really pushing WP. Lotus and Excel are basically the same thing. I just didn't want to learn a new language (this old dog ain't gonna learn any new tricks).

WDE!!!!!!!!

This goes to Boss and Tiger Eh?

Tiger Eh?: You are incorrect in your math. Like mentioned above, its out of 1525 for the one poll. The computers only use 4 of the 6 COMP polls. They take out the highest and lowest scores.

Boss: How the hell would u have Oklahoma higher than AU in the COMP polls?

Very Simple...

last week, OK's computer numbers were: 22 25 23 19 17 23

the 19 and 17 were Kenneth Massey's and Jeff Sagarin's respectively

This week, those two have rated OK 23 and 24.

I go by trends....since OK beat a good OSU team (albeit by 3 points), they should move up in the computer polls.

Conversely, since AU has two Top 10 opponents in the next 3 games, if we win out I think we will make significant headway on the Sooners (I actually think we will overtake them if we win out).

Pull for A & M and Bama's beloved Coach Fran!!!

You had better check your information before accusing someone of making a mistake. You are absolutely incorrect on two of your three assumptions.

First, in the ESPN poll, you take the number of points received and divide by 1525, not 1575.

And second, you obviously havn't done any research on the computer polls (...what an amateur). In the computer polls, there are six (6) of them. A team gets 25 points for first, 24 points for second, and so on. That would give you a total of 150 points. However, that's where you made an assumption that is not a fact. If you had researched the computer poll calculations, you would have found that you throw out the highest and lowest rankings and divide by 100.

So please....rookie wannabe statiticians stay off this board...let us old (and I mean old) pros do the work.

For those of you that want to know the real projections (and that's all they can be), I will post sometime around 3 pm on Sundays.

116870[/snapback]

Hey! Wysiwyg. Chill. I wasn't "accusing anyone of making a mistake". The question was "Are you taking into account any first place votes we may get?". And I answered that the formula only uses points. I don't claim to be a "statitician", I was just having a little fun. My apologies to all the WEN fans that built your spreadsheet wrong. Here is the corrected formula and project away:

AP Weight = Vote Points/1625

USA-T Weight = Vote Points/1525

Computer Weight = Sum of 4 (Don't Use Min and Max)/100

BCS = Average of the AP, UAS-T, and Computer.

Boss.... OU will move up a LOT in the polls, thanks to ASU and FSU losing. But they will NOT move ahead of Auburn overall. These are my predictions on CPU polls:

OU: 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2 = 0.93

AU: 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 3 = 0.94

Auburn should jump Utah in the one poll they were behind in. If they do not, then they will both have equal CPU rankings.

MY BCS Rankings are:

USC:

AP = 0.9944615

Coaches = 0.994098

CPU = 1.0

OU:

AP = 0.957538

Coaches = 0.9567213

CPU = 0.93

AU:

AP = 0.927385

Coaches = 0.923934

CPU = 0.94

USC = 0.996186

OU = 0.9480864

AU = 0.9304397

Boss... just read your post so mine is delayed and wrong. I didn't know those 2 polls already came out. My badd.

116927[/snapback]

Be thankful you caught it. He'll bite your freakin head off :redbite:

I can't stand anal-retentive ***holes like Boss who jump all over people for being excited about something but slightly wrong.

You do realize that when you show your ass like that, people turn you off. Regardless of how much info you know, no one cares if you have no communication skills. "Old school" idiot

If this were to happen in person, I'd be the guy that shoves auguy1281 into boss.

:argue: :boxing:

Archived