BSC Projections

au.tiger.96

What else factors in the rankings by the computer besides human votes? They dont include SOS anymore do they?

117046[/snapback]

They change the stupid rules every year it seems. This year, they took out SOS I believe and they say that the human polls will supposedly take into account the SOS. Although the coaches poll doesn't seem to like Auburn as well as the others...go figure.

I just dont want to Play Wisconsin again.

We already whopped them once.

In the case that we end at #3 in the BCS polls, I just Hope the rose picks up Wisc.

Put someone new in there at #4.

Cal will work.

Hey guys....guess I got some pretty stirred up yesterday. I didn't mean any harm...only teasing. Anyway, I doubt if any of you would really want to beat up on an old phart like me.

Now....let's take a look at my projections (the numbers in parentheses are my projections):

USC .9895 (.9895)......I hit this one

OK .9648 (.9481)......OK was higher in the COMP polls than I anticipated

AU .9238 (.9204).....I was close here

Here's a look at the computer polls: USC was first in 3 of the 6 computer polls; OK was also first in 3 of 6. AU was third in all 6 computer polls. It gets muddy as you go down the line. If you want to see final results, go to www.espn.com and click on "BCS Standings".

OK is about as high as they will ever get in the BCS standings unless USC loses. This means they only have one way to go....down. If they beat A & M, they will not go any higher, which is to our advantage. However, we all know what will happen if they lose.

Beating GA is our best chance to move up. We closed the gap in the AP poll this week from 81 points behind OK to 49 points behind. We went from 111 points behind OK in the ESPN poll to 50 points behind. More importantly, although OK was #2 in both polls last week, they actually lost points in both polls this week.

This tells me that voters in both polls are losing confidence in OK and slowly coming over to our side. Should we beat GA, and I think we will, we may actually move up to #2 in one or both polls. It is quite evident to me that the computer polls are correcting themselves to be more in alignment with the AP and ESPN polls. So should we move to #2 in either of the AP/ESPN polls, I think you will see us move closer to #2 in the computer polls as well.

Archived