Pop quiz!

AURainman

Which team is currently ranked OUTSIDE of the top 10 this week, but is 1-1 in 2 games against TOP 5 competition?!

Thats right. They have played TWO top 5 teams, they won one, lost one, and they are OUTSIDE of the top 10. In fact, the one loss is their ONLY loss.

Who is it?

Tennessee, because they don't deserve to be in the top 10. They played terrible against Ole Miss and bama, and went in tied at the half against South Carolina. They are the most over-rated team with one loss. I still can't believe they beat Georgia.

Their being ranked outside of the top 10 is hurting our SOS. I agree they've suffered against two poor teams, but they did get the W. If they have the same record as UGA, and they BEAT UGA, why aren't they at least within a sniff of UGA in the polls.

Also, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is hilarious!!!

UT is not a top 10 team.

117021[/snapback]

I agree that they haven't looked stellar, BUT they are on their way to at least 9 wins this year. (Probably ten with ND coming up this week). They will win the East. They will have beaten EVERY team in the east and two of three from the west.

Take away the :ut: and even a Bama fan can tell me that they are deserving of at least being CLOSE to UGA in the polls.

They have one big win...against UGA. What's UF's record? Didnt MSU beat em worse that UT?

How did they give up 29 points to USC?

They struggled against bama and ole miss.

If they are a top ten team...bama is a top 20 team.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Fran & Mike "papa" Price have Top 20 teams. :D:P:poke:

They have one big win...against UGA. What's UF's record? Didnt MSU beat em worse that UT?

How did they give up 29 points to USC?

They struggled against bama and ole miss.

If they are a top ten team...bama is a top 20 team.

117078[/snapback]

Did you watch the UT/USC game? Did you see them DOMINATE in the second half?! Stats and scores meant nothing there. UT won it going away.

They struggled against Bama and Ole Miss, but are YOU willing to admit both teams are second rate?! I doubt it. Bama played WAY above themselves for FOUR whole quarters, and UT played not to lose. Fulmer had a BIG target on him for both of those games, because it was the Bama game and his first face-off with his protege David Cutcliffe. But, enough excuses.

Okay, if you want to use clouded "we had a higher point margin" logic, go right ahead. But, that doesn't discredit the one HUGE stat UT has going for them. RECORD!!!! UT is playing a LOT like the '02 Ohio State team that squeaked by ALL YEAR. They won a title, with less than dominating play. But they won.

I'm not saying UT deserves to win a National title with their play, I just think their accomplishments should be reflected in the polls. (And obviously, Auburn has an agenda as well!)

2 games against ESPN/Coaches' TOP 5 with a 1-1 record.

7-1 in the conference (UK and Vandy are automatic)

SEC East Champions

etc.

When Tennessee wins their last three games of the season, they will again be ranked in the top 10. I'm guessing they will be around 7-8 when they play you guys in the SECCG.

You are probably right. IF we beat the puppies, UT should move up in a hurry.

ONE game at a time....WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Over the last several years, Tennessee has not looked good on many Saturdays, but has ended up winning 9 or 10 games anyway. I don't know what that really means, but the fact is that they always seem to finish the season with more wins than they should have.

bg, in your opinion, UT was "overranked" when they went undefeated and won the mnc too ! ! ! :blink::D

bg, in your opinion, UT was "overranked" when they went undefeated and won the mnc too ! ! ! :blink:   :D

117318[/snapback]

I'm not BG, but they were overated. If they'd have played FSU at full strength (or possibly whom ever was the #3 team at the time) FSU would have sent Smokey home with his tail between his legs. And I was pulling for UT in that game because A: I'll always pull for an SEC vs. an OOC team and B: I'd pull for the old Soviet Union to beat FSU.

I don't think UT was overrated at all in their MNC year. They made it through the SEC and while they weren't flashy, they did what was necessary to have more points than the other team when the gun sounded. Kind of similar to Ohio State a few years ago and Bama in 92'

Bama laid an SEC butt-kickin' on the Canes', which is what most folks remember. However, that team had to rely solely on its defense for 80% of the year while the offense sputtered its way through the season. Even though most of their wins weren't all that impressive, they were still the best team in the country. Why? Because they took on all comers in the toughest conference in the nation and as simple as it sounds, they had more points than the other team when the final horn blew.

Shouldn't we put a candle in the window for a miracle of this caliber? :D:au:

Archived