Just got back from Oxford

PChamp119

I must say, I was very impressed with the Ole Miss gameday atmosphere. I had heard all these things on the Grove, but it was much better than I expected. The place was packed, everyone was tailgaiting, like true tailgating (not just beer), the girls were unbelievably hott (like ALL OF THEM!... Ole Miss is definately a hotter school then Auburn when it comes to the girls).

The stadium was much louder than I had expected. That stupid, "First Down... 'OLE MISS!' " Got annoying as hell, especially in the first half when we weren't scoring. Though the announcer had to help them out after we made it 35-14. The "Hotty Totty" was well in synch - cheer was fun, especially hearing it in the Grove.

The part that sucked ass - When we walked in the stadium, they cut up our shakers! I couldn't believe it. Incase you didn't hear about this, the shaker handle is like 10-12 inches long. They cut it to about 2-4 inches long. I was so suprised, I said outloud as they were cutting it, "THIS IS THE STUPIDEST SCHOOL EVER!" An Ole Miss alumn was just infront of me and he turns around, "Then go home." I quietly said to myself, "Cuz I wanna watch us kick your ass." Then once I got in I was screaming naughty chants about how much I really wanted to KILL Ole Miss. The fans around me seemed to like it a little.

Glad we won, glad I went - it was fun, nervous at times. And as my friend Andrew would say, "Hotty Totty, Gosh Almighty, When will Ole Miss Beat Somebody?"

What was the reason for them cutting the shaker handle down? Was it considered a possible weapon or something? I don't understand...

Someone told me it was because of the Rebel Flags in the stadium. They want to prevent fans from bringing in their flags into the stadium so they would cut their handles / polls. I don't know why they wouldn't just not allow flags in the stadium.

My friend Robert was like, "look they are more dangerous after cutting them because they are sharper."

Ole Miss is just gay and I'm glad we kicked their ass

They have a stadium rule about sticks. That way they were able to get rid of the rebel flags. That was one of Tuberville's improvements.

We heard a few comments. Naturally, most of them were from groups of people after they had passed us by.

It was sure nice to light the victory cigar with a ton of time left in the 4th quarter though.

they aren't alloud to have shakers at Ole Miss but they can have two foot wooden padles at Oklahoma State? thats....interesting

I was there at the game and saw the recycle truck show up at halftime to load up all the cut-off plastic sticks and haul them off. I asked the usher what that was all about and he said they cashed in the plastic to pay for the stadium lights that night.

I'm sorry, I have to dispute your comment about pretty girls. I don;t know where you tailgate at AU but I'll put my daughter and her friends up against any OlePisss girls.

I'm sorry, I have to dispute your comment about pretty girls. I don;t know where you tailgate at AU but I'll put my daughter and her friends up against any OlePisss girls.

117146[/snapback]

Um...I'm willing to be the objective 3rd party vote here....got any pictures? B)

I too had a great time in The Grove. It was pretty cool, but when I went back on Sunday to look around at the campus a little mroe it was a lot smaller than it looked with all the tents up on Saturday. However, they were so strict about the alcohol that it was ridiculous! Drink in cups and if they came over to you and smelled it, say you put too much whiskey in there, they made you pour it out! Come on, live a little!!!!!!!!!

And, the shaker thing really pissed me off. They only cut them up at that one gate and there was an Ole Miss fan that sat right behind us in the Auburn section and he didn't have his shaker cut. I think they just wanted to make us mad.

Oh well, we won and that's all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR EAGLE!! :au:

117146[/snapback]

Um...I'm willing to be the objective 3rd party vote here....got any pictures? B)

117148[/snapback]

LOL - I read that and new there would be something like this that followed :big:

They did the "NO STICKS" ban when they banned the Confederate Flag from the Stadium. They did this for obvious reasons but they mostly to try to attract minority recruits. Kinda like they got rid of Col. Rebel as their mascot last year. Go back and look at some old games Ole Miss had and no one in the stadium had shakers.....they all had Confederate Flags on wooden sticks.

Archived