Something I don't understand about the Coaches

True Blue in Ga

I don't understand why we haven't received more #1 votes from the coaches. How many coaches in the SEC vote and why haven't they voted for us. I would hope that if Tubs gets to vote that if he were in a position to vote for a SEC school he would.

So my questions are:

Why haven't we receive more #1 votes?

How many SEC coaches vote in the Coaches poll?

Why haven't SEC coaches voted for us?

A little help please.

:au:

SEC Coaches who vote in the Coaches Poll:

David Cutcliffe, Mississippi

Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee

Lou Holtz, South Carolina

Houston Nutt, Arkansas

Mark Richt, Georgia

Nick Saban, LSU

Tommy Tuberville, Auburn

We've beaten all of those coaches this year but Lou Holtz and Mark Richt. Believe me, old Cock-a-doodle Lou wouldn't stand a chance. We'll see about Richt.

You'd think they'd give us a little more respect.

Well before you start talking about other coaches, Coach Tuberville had not even ranked us #1 yet this year. (I say 'had not' because we finally recieved one vote so I'm not sure if it was from him or not, but we do know that we were 8-0 and he had not put us at #1 yet).

There is still a lot of football yet to be played, I just want to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

Why have they not voted us #1, you ask?

Because we are not the number 1 team in America right now. We might be better than OU, but not USC....not yet anyhow (doesn't mean later).

If I would have a guess at who actually gave us a number 1 vote, I would guess it wasn't any of these SEC coaches.

Well before you start talking about other coaches, Coach Tuberville had not even ranked us #1 yet this year. (I say 'had not' because we finally recieved one vote so I'm not sure if it was from him or not, but we do know that we were 8-0 and he had not put us at #1 yet).

116947[/snapback]

I seriously, seriously doubt that Tuberville would vote for his own team. Now if next week USC and OU both lost, then yes, I can see where Tubs would vote for his own team. But not with USC and OU playing like they have.

Sorry I still don't understand. Why wouldn't they vote for us to be #1? Have they bought into the hype of USC as #1? They see what type of teams the pac 10 play and who ok plays and they know that the SEC is the toughest conference to play in. I still think they should vote for us. Tubs should be voting for us. Why wouldn't he vote for his own team? If all the SEC teams voted for us then we would have enough points to overtake ok and would be #2, setting up the us against USC.

Moe - Give your reasoning on why Tubs would not vote for his own team to be #1. If USC's coach votes don't you think he votes for his own team? The same goes with the ok coach.

Sorry for my ingnorance

:au:

if we beat UGA we will get more number 1 votes. i would think that Fulmer, Nutt, Saban would vote for us because we beat them, especially Fulmer, but I don't know.

Archived