Memphis

msg6367

Ok, I have found the offending tweets that may have set off the storm.

@geoff_calkins:

It appears that ESPN, CBS, Yahoo have all been working the corruption-in-Memphis-high-schools story. Maybe the BBC and NPR, too. And FOX

quote:

@kyleveazey: @geoff_calkins So I hear, too. I'm glad our original stories could bring them to town.
:)

quote:

@kyleveazey:

@geoff_calkins The counselor I talked to Wednesday told me she has spoken with ESPN.

quote:

@geoff_calkins

It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama.

The first tweets were from very early in the day, around 7:30am EST. The Last one, about Auburn, comes at 4:40 EST. It looks bad, but on first blush that last tweet may not be related to the first few.

Was all of that not composed by a bammer over on tigerdroppings. And really leading since one tweet had nothing to do with the others

Edit:

http://www.secrant.c...cal-Appeal.aspx

TideSatchel IconAlabama.gif

Alabama Fan

Birmingham

Member since Nov 2011

688 posts

Icononline.gif Online

Apparently ESPN and others are in town covering the story.

Yes, Yes it did come from that site.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The counselor can't really say much to anyone unless she wants to violate HIPAA. I doubt she wants that kind of legal trouble. I think a lot of this is just rumor.

What would HIPAA have to do with this? Is it a medical issue?

The counselor can't really say much to anyone unless she wants to violate HIPAA. I doubt she wants that kind of legal trouble. I think a lot of this is just rumor.

I think you may be thinking of another law protecting students' academic privacy, not their health.information.

I think he meant FERPA.

I may get shocked but I just don't see there being anything major involving us. Seriously think about seastrunk and how we dropped him like a bad habit on a seconds notice, and a year later all the junk about Oregon comes out. Think about cam and how much we went through. Now to think that Auburn cheated during all of this doesn't make sense. Not that it even matters but jovon is a great player and I'd love to see him play for auburn one day but he doesn't win you a championship by himself. It's hard for me to believe that we would be shown to have done no wrong for a cam newton who was clearly the best player out there in a position that would be the difference between a good year and a championship but would cheat to get a running back who was our second target at a position where he'd have been maybe fourth string. He is a good player and I'd love to have Him play here but he wasn't a game changer. If we didn't cheat for a game changer it's hard for me to think that we cheated for a possibly solid but not pivotal player.

The same kind of threads are all over Rivals.com, probably started by the same bammers as the ones on Scout, Tiger Droppings and a couple here. Its all part of their sickness.

The same kind of threads are all over Rivals.com, probably started by the same bammers as the ones on Scout, Tiger Droppings and a couple here. Its all part of their sickness.

Hey Ironman...I started the one here......but I did hear it from Bammers at work. :-\ DAMN!!!!!

I may get shocked but I just don't see there being anything major involving us. Seriously think about seastrunk and how we dropped him like a bad habit on a seconds notice, and a year later all the junk about Oregon comes out. Think about cam and how much we went through. Now to think that Auburn cheated during all of this doesn't make sense. Not that it even matters but jovon is a great player and I'd love to see him play for auburn one day but he doesn't win you a championship by himself. It's hard for me to believe that we would be shown to have done no wrong for a cam newton who was clearly the best player out there in a position that would be the difference between a good year and a championship but would cheat to get a running back who was our second target at a position where he'd have been maybe fourth string. He is a good player and I'd love to have Him play here but he wasn't a game changer. If we didn't cheat for a game changer it's hard for me to think that we cheated for a possibly solid but not pivotal player.

I might get crucified for this but,

All major college football programs are going over the line at all times. Its if you can get back across before anyone sees you. I would not be surprised if we got caught doing a few things that are not on the up and up. But I don't think we would be doing too much to get hammered. If people think we are pure as the fallen snow you might get disappointed at some point.

Is there any truth that we could be place on probation? If it's true, then we need to clean house starting with the head coach and work your way down to all the assistants but 3. VanGorder, Leoffler and Martinez because they haven't been here long enough.

Everyone who doesn't know whats going on should just take a chill pill. Don't let the Bammers and media, aka people with Twitter accounts, get you worked up. I don't listen to the Bama network on 94.5, and none of ya'll should either. This Memphis thing sounds just like the stuff from a couple years ago. Until the facts come out, don't worry about it. Don't let the machine get to ya'll like this. Even if we did something wrong, there is nothing you can do about it. So don't stress about it. College football has been based on players getting "benefits", and it always has been. The great BEAR was the best at it, and we all know/hear about the cars, houses, dinners, jewelry, suits, etc... that the Bama players get. If the NCAA starts digging into the SEC, that football town on the west side of the state will get put back into the 17th century. (As long as their lawyers/bankers don't find a way to cover their asses.)

As far as "Geoff_Calkins" tweet: I follow him on twitter and his comment, "It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama", was about us losing the game. See how easy it is to take comments out of context and make people get all worked up about nothing? Wow. Come on guys. If we did something wrong the NCAA will send Auburn a letter and let us know about it. They aren't going to leak it to the Bammers on the Finebaum show.

On another note. I'm really excited to see this football team grow up. We have some amazing talent on this team, and we might be watching greatness unfold at Auburn. I truly believe our program is headed in the right direction with coach Chizik, Lefty, and the Stache. It is just going to take time, but don't be surprised if we upset a good team or two this year.

Keep your heads up guys and WDE!

Well said.

Im sure all programs bend the rules. I just think that right now and especially during the time period where he was being recruited would have been the cleanest time in any program because NCAA investigators were basically getting their own apartment in Auburn since they were there all the time. And no disrespect to jovon but Think of it in Charles Barkley terms, if we had cheated to get cam I'd not be happy but I'd get why youd cheat. I just don't see why they'd cheat in this situation. Now right now for a dominate middle linebacker I'd write the check myself. (obviously that's a joke)

Im sure all programs bend the rules. I just think that right now and especially during the time period where he was being recruited would have been the cleanest time in any program because NCAA investigators were basically getting their own apartment in Auburn since they were there all the time. And no disrespect to jovon but Think of it in Charles Barkley terms, if we had cheated to get cam I'd not be happy but I'd get why youd cheat. I just don't see why they'd cheat in this situation. Now right now for a dominate middle linebacker I'd write the check myself. (obviously that's a joke)

Bammers have your IP address and are trying to link you to RF at this very moment. :tease:

Everyone who doesn't know whats going on should just take a chill pill. Don't let the Bammers and media, aka people with Twitter accounts, get you worked up. I don't listen to the Bama network on 94.5, and none of ya'll should either. This Memphis thing sounds just like the stuff from a couple years ago. Until the facts come out, don't worry about it. Don't let the machine get to ya'll like this. Even if we did something wrong, there is nothing you can do about it. So don't stress about it. College football has been based on players getting "benefits", and it always has been. The great BEAR was the best at it, and we all know/hear about the cars, houses, dinners, jewelry, suits, etc... that the Bama players get. If the NCAA starts digging into the SEC, that football town on the west side of the state will get put back into the 17th century. (As long as their lawyers/bankers don't find a way to cover their asses.)

As far as "Geoff_Calkins" tweet: I follow him on twitter and his comment, "It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama", was about us losing the game. See how easy it is to take comments out of context and make people get all worked up about nothing? Wow. Come on guys. If we did something wrong the NCAA will send Auburn a letter and let us know about it. They aren't going to leak it to the Bammers on the Finebaum show.

On another note. I'm really excited to see this football team grow up. We have some amazing talent on this team, and we might be watching greatness unfold at Auburn. I truly believe our program is headed in the right direction with coach Chizik, Lefty, and the Stache. It is just going to take time, but don't be surprised if we upset a good team or two this year.

Keep your heads up guys and WDE!

How dare you come on a message board and spew a big dose of reality to us. Reality and facts have no place on amessage board. Didn't you read the rules??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AUGRAD!!!!! GREAT POST!!!

I do not for one second think AU did anything underhanded in Memphis. After the excruciating debacle in 2010 I do not think anyone on earth is so stupid to put their hand in the cookie jar.

After all we went through as fans two years ago, you would think some would learn not to jump at the first inkling of "reported" trouble. We are a little down right now anyway, what better time for a well planted lie from the dark pink nation to further put some of us into a full on nervous breakdown. Chill. Out.

I had ribs for supper.

I agree with AUGrad and others. I'm no PI and I have only a few contacts on campus within the Athletic Dept., but it appears this could be a rehash of a few weeks ago plus some added "possibilities" of other things in the Memphis area that include Auburn, MSU, Alabama, and UGA.

Anyone want to know the common denominator in all of this? There is no mention of an in state school that seems to get a pass.

I think he meant FERPA.

I did! Thanks for the correction!

I work in the medical field, and I'm so used to saying HIPAA I didn't even think about it.

I think he meant FERPA.

I did! Thanks for the correction!

I work in the medical field, and I'm so used to saying HIPAA I didn't even think about it.

Thanks Belle, now the Bama spies will be reporting about AU in trouble with multiple "medicinal" infractions- which probably don't exist actually. Thanks for feeding the machine! (In the good old days this would be yellow ;D Ha!!)

I agree with AUGrad and others. I'm no PI and I have only a few contacts on campus within the Athletic Dept., but it appears this could be a rehash of a few weeks ago plus some added "possibilities" of other things in the Memphis area that include Auburn, MSU, Alabama, and UGA.

Anyone want to know the common denominator in all of this? There is no mention of an in state school that seems to get a pass.

You're right! Vandy wasn't even mentioned. :ut:

Archived