Memphis

msg6367

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone who doesn't know whats going on should just take a chill pill. Don't let the Bammers and media, aka people with Twitter accounts, get you worked up. I don't listen to the Bama network on 94.5, and none of ya'll should either. This Memphis thing sounds just like the stuff from a couple years ago. Until the facts come out, don't worry about it. Don't let the machine get to ya'll like this. Even if we did something wrong, there is nothing you can do about it. So don't stress about it. College football has been based on players getting "benefits", and it always has been. The great BEAR was the best at it, and we all know/hear about the cars, houses, dinners, jewelry, suits, etc... that the Bama players get. If the NCAA starts digging into the SEC, that football town on the west side of the state will get put back into the 17th century. (As long as their lawyers/bankers don't find a way to cover their asses.)

As far as "Geoff_Calkins" tweet: I follow him on twitter and his comment, "It's going to be a tough week in Auburn, Alabama", was about us losing the game. See how easy it is to take comments out of context and make people get all worked up about nothing? Wow. Come on guys. If we did something wrong the NCAA will send Auburn a letter and let us know about it. They aren't going to leak it to the Bammers on the Finebaum show.

On another note. I'm really excited to see this football team grow up. We have some amazing talent on this team, and we might be watching greatness unfold at Auburn. I truly believe our program is headed in the right direction with coach Chizik, Lefty, and the Stache. It is just going to take time, but don't be surprised if we upset a good team or two this year.

Keep your heads up guys and WDE!

How dare you come on a message board and spew a big dose of reality to us. Reality and facts have no place on amessage board. Didn't you read the rules??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AUGRAD!!!!! GREAT POST!!!

I agree. Great post !!

I had ribs for supper.

LOL, I had mozzarella and bacon stuffed chicken breast with noodles and green beans.

Unless we're playing the Memphis Tigers, we should STAY OUT of Memphis.

I think that is what Tennessee is hoping will happen with this story. They lost that area and want it back.

I can't guarantee anything but my bet is, it'll mostly be a rehash of what we already know with Jovan, but because its ESPN and Auburn, there will be plenty of innuendo and implication with little substance once you really look at what's being said. Remember, according to the principal at the school, the reason they initially looked at Jovan's grades was because AUBURN inquired about a transcript discrepancy.

The one it will really be damaging to will be the school that lost a coach over it already and is being implicated in giving a card to recruit.

The same kind of threads are all over Rivals.com, probably started by the same bammers as the ones on Scout, Tiger Droppings and a couple here. Its all part of their sickness.

Hey Ironman...I started the one here......but I did hear it from Bammers at work. :-\ DAMN!!!!!

I didnt mean you ya goof, HAHA. :laugh:

Do y'all remember when the stuff from Rivals.com was going to come out on a date certain about a big bombshell ? Word was leaked that it was about South Florida. As the day approached, our rivals plastered the boards with threads, bammer reporters filed reports, bammer radio yapped away about how this was going to be about Auburn recruiting in the South Florida area because we had successfully recruited Kearse (at the time), Louis and we were after several others. Well the story came out and it was the Rivals.com story that broke the news on all the U of Miami stuff.

Not saying we wont be named in this but I am saying we have heard this same stuff so many times before its laughable until we know something.

Do y'all remember when the stuff from Rivals.com was going to come out on a date certain about a big bombshell ? Word was leaked that it was about South Florida. As the day approached, our rivals plastered the boards with threads, bammer reporters filed reports, bammer radio yapped away about how this was going to be about Auburn recruiting in the South Florida area because we had successfully recruited Kearse (at the time), Louis and we were after several others. Well the story came out and it was the Rivals.com story that broke the news on all the U of Miami stuff.

Not saying we wont be named in this but I am saying we have heard this same stuff so many times before its laughable until we know something.

Which this time it seems to be more than just Bammers spreading rumors on message forums. It's looks like something is about to break that will involve Auburn. We just don't know to what extent.

I do agree that we shouldn't make any assumptions or go overboard with emotions till we know exactly whats coming out.

I think it is about time our staff starts firing back and turning over information to the NCAA themselves on the turds, This crap get so old.

War Eagle !

Numerous documents have been turned over to the NCAA that would get most teams on probation but as long as Emmert is heading it up, Saban has a get out of jail free card. Emmert will never investigate the man he hired at LSU. He definitely needs to go!!!!

UAT and UGA are big in anti AU as we all know and it also seems like the Vols have joined in as well.

The weird thing is that most vols fans I know are now bama fans so that should tell you something.

The Turds have been so butthurt over the RF recruitiment they have put together a campaign by the red neck moffia to create as much BS by any means to disrupt our recruiting. Seriously these people are sick and will stop at nothing.

I think it is about time our staff starts firing back and turning over information to the NCAA themselves on the turds, This crap get so old.

War Eagle !

Numerous documents have been turned over to the NCAA that would get most teams on probation but as long as Emmert is heading it up, Saban has a get out of jail free card. Emmert will never investigate the man he hired at LSU. He definitely needs to go!!!!

This has been my feeling as well. Think about it, if some how an investigation points to violations @ Bama on Saban's watch that are directly tied to Saint Nick; that could bring down the NCAA. Look deep enough and it could point back to Emmert. Now that would be a story! Corruption that reaches up to the man himself...

My only 2 cents here is that the rumor got legs because Of a respected beat writers tweet (Pm). If it's not true, then we need to keep this in mind.

PM came back later and balanced that out by stating the reports of the news sounded bad. He had no information as to anything else.

Is there any way, just throwing this out here, that the turds are looking at being in the most trouble and they are just trying to pin something on AU to not take as hard of fall?

Is there any way, just throwing this out here, that the turds are looking at being in the most trouble and they are just trying to pin something on AU to not take as hard of fall?

I don't think they know yet either.....we will see. It appears UGA and the turds are in the mix for sure. Alabama has a history in that area.

Bammers are going back to the cam issue again on twitter, saying the usual BS.

Someone needs to get Danny Sheridan a Red Bull and a fully charged defibrillator, he is missing all the fun.

Bammers are going back to the cam issue again on twitter, saying the usual BS.

Someone needs to get Danny Sheridan a Red Bull and a fully charged defibrillator, he is missing all the fun.

HAHA! Good one. ;)

Until the NCAA puts out the document that we are on probation, I will not care what these nimrods write about. Sensationalism of crap is what most of these guys are good at.

The Turds have been so butthurt over the RF recruitiment they have put together a campaign by the red neck moffia to create as much BS by any means to disrupt our recruiting. Seriously these people are sick and will stop at nothing.

HA hoping you are correct and couldn't have said it any better myself.

After a bit of reading seems they may be implying jovan was paid and with that money bought a fancy car that sports Auburn flags. It would appear that 135k or so was deposited into his moms account and folks are anxious to say Auburn may have paid him. I hear that is not the case as the money is a result of a settlement, anyone hear or read anything similar?

Hard to know what is what with so many Auburn haters as well as folks stating fact when in reality they are posting with the snow ball effect!

Dana

Archived