Memphis

msg6367

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how stupid is everyone gonna look if something indeed does come out tomorrow? :laugh:

No more than anyone else!

gallery_46581_80_82169.png

Too much?

As an aside, let me just say that I will always regret the search I just had to perform on Google images. Let's just that say I have seen things. Things that no God fearing man should ever have to see. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go scrub my eyes with Clorox.

gallery_46581_80_82169.png

Too much?

As an aside, let me just say that I will always regret the search I just had to perform on Google images. Let's just that say I have seen things. Things that no God fearing man should ever have to see. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go scrub my eyes with Clorox.

ohhhh my side!!!!!! that is priceless!!!!!!!

But why use beefeater!!! He looks like a segrams guy

Didn't see this posted here, but figured I'd share. A UT booster, Adams, who is in the know about Memphis HS sports and recruiting had enough of Dooley and decided to snitch on him about Memphis. He started aiming aimlessly and spilled the beans on everyone else while he was at it, or at least gave those investigators the right schools and people to talk to. Memphis has been infiltrated by media and NCAA for at least 4 months if not more according to a local Memphis reporter. So while MSU self-reported their violations, though steep from what some are saying, they just cut loose the WR assistant and hope to take a minor slap on the wrist. For Auburn, it's wrong place, wrong time and apparently got caught with pants down without even knowing things were going down already. Here's some comments I pulled that are supposedly from UT booster Adams. TIFWIW, but does call out ESPN & Yahoo! as the two media outlets that would be reporting, and those names have been mentioned outside of this for tomorrow's breaking stories.

So, basically this... "Gary Parrish, CBSports called today to talk, saying he would be over for Saturday's tv party, games; he asked if he could attend our weekly Wed. luncheons where sports folks gather at 3 rotating restaurants. Naturally I told him yes; it would be at Wang's, Ridgeway, Park at 11:30. He said he would definitely attend. He then said that he heard that Auburn would be hit hard in the next several days. Since he called me, I didn't inquire, ask. I just listened. Later, another usually well informed individual called to say that Yahoo Sports or ESPN was coming out with a bombshell telling the story how the soccer coach at Wooddale HS, Jovon Robinson's school, would be outed. She's an Auburn graduate. One week end she carried Jovon to Auburn without Jovon telling his mother. Upon returning, her auto broke down and again, Jovon didn't call his mother. That MOnday Jovon's mother reported her son as missing to the Memphis police department. Now, according to rumors, she's somehow involved in the distribution of money, etc. Again, just rumors.

The NCAA has been actively involved recently here in Memphis. One of my best friends met with them; they came to his home, took a lot of photos, and carried him to lunch at Mr. B's. Most interesting info from those meetings but I was sworn to secrecy."

Do I understand the rules correctly?

1. We are not supposed to "dis" the players.

2. It's OK to libel and/ or slander Auburn University and its various coaches

3. It's OK to do the same to former athletes and non-athletes...such as a HS teacher ?

Didn't see this posted here, but figured I'd share. A UT booster, Adams, who is in the know about Memphis HS sports and recruiting had enough of Dooley and decided to snitch on him about Memphis. He started aiming aimlessly and spilled the beans on everyone else while he was at it, or at least gave those investigators the right schools and people to talk to. Memphis has been infiltrated by media and NCAA for at least 4 months if not more according to a local Memphis reporter. So while MSU self-reported their violations, though steep from what some are saying, they just cut loose the WR assistant and hope to take a minor slap on the wrist. For Auburn, it's wrong place, wrong time and apparently got caught with pants down without even knowing things were going down already. Here's some comments I pulled that are supposedly from UT booster Adams. TIFWIW, but does call out ESPN & Yahoo! as the two media outlets that would be reporting, and those names have been mentioned outside of this for tomorrow's breaking stories.

So, basically this... "Gary Parrish, CBSports called today to talk, saying he would be over for Saturday's tv party, games; he asked if he could attend our weekly Wed. luncheons where sports folks gather at 3 rotating restaurants. Naturally I told him yes; it would be at Wang's, Ridgeway, Park at 11:30. He said he would definitely attend. He then said that he heard that Auburn would be hit hard in the next several days. Since he called me, I didn't inquire, ask. I just listened. Later, another usually well informed individual called to say that Yahoo Sports or ESPN was coming out with a bombshell telling the story how the soccer coach at Wooddale HS, Jovon Robinson's school, would be outed. She's an Auburn graduate. One week end she carried Jovon to Auburn without Jovon telling his mother. Upon returning, her auto broke down and again, Jovon didn't call his mother. That MOnday Jovon's mother reported her son as missing to the Memphis police department. Now, according to rumors, she's somehow involved in the distribution of money, etc. Again, just rumors.

The NCAA has been actively involved recently here in Memphis. One of my best friends met with them; they came to his home, took a lot of photos, and carried him to lunch at Mr. B's. Most interesting info from those meetings but I was sworn to secrecy."

Wow, that is more complicated than the attack plan of the dirty dozen, anyway older people being friends with teens is okay according the updykes just take them on fishing trips or hide them out at your condo until signing day, mentor them on how to make bucks selling sports memorabillia you know stuff like that, if Auburn gets punished after all the stuff the updykes have pulled I am through with college football.

Simply put, if the pictures and TTMW kinda crap surfaced about any other team in the country, that team would be under an intense investigation right now. The fact that bama didn't even get a second look or any kind of letter asking about it, should tell any person with half a brain all you need to know about the NCAA. They are in bama's pocket and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Aside from having tv footage of a booster wearing a Bama shirt handing a bag full of cash or keys to a car over to a recruit, nothing will ever happen to them. Heck, that probably wouldn't even do it.

I could care less what's posted on turd or Vol boards. My only concern is that PM is tweeting something is coming out that's not going to be good.

An earlier poster on here said it was about the 7 on 7 tournaments and possibly unofficial visits.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

In the meanwhile, I work with all Bammers so I'm sure they'll all give me the inside scoop this morning. :-\

I could care less what's posted on turd or Vol boards. My only concern is that PM is tweeting something is coming out that's not going to be good.

An earlier poster on here said it was about the 7 on 7 tournaments and possibly unofficial visits.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

In the meanwhile, I work with all Bammers so I'm sure they'll all give me the inside scoop this morning. :-\

He didn't tweet it... he posted it as a response to a question on 247's board. He said he didn't know any information, but if what he had heard is true it doesn't sound good. IE, he doesn't know anymore than we do... 'cause we don't know anything either, but if what is posted on this board is true, then it wouldn't be good. So just chill and wait for the report to come out.

Do I understand the rules correctly?

1. We are not supposed to "dis" the players.

2. It's OK to libel and/ or slander Auburn University and its various coaches

3. It's OK to do the same to former athletes and non-athletes...such as a HS teacher ?

Well, one can only libel on a message board. And no one is implying or stating that the info is true, so I don't think there's an issue here legally. Whether it's ethical for a certain fanbase to continually make up stuff to stir the pot, well...

You can do better than that, can't you? I am officially calling bu11$h!t, those quotes are over a month old. This thread is ridiculous, Tennstud strikes again.

I have heard this drumbeat so many times before: "Sometime this week or next week xyz news is going to drop the hammer on Auburn." And then nothing happens.

We have all lived through the endless reporting of "Allegations" by ESPN and others which when investigated turned into nothing.

I have a hard time believing very much will come of this at all. Fool me once (or 6 times shame on you internet) Fool me agian and shame on me.

Considering we have recruited 1 kid from Memphis since Chizik has been here, and WE asked for the school to verify his grades I'm not too worried. I also don't think our coaches dumb enough to break rules after the NCAA hung around for over a year trying to find ANYTHING on us.

The rest of PM's post said nobody at Auburn has been contacted to comment. Normally, a school is asked for comment before a story is released. He also said, close as I can recall, that he'd be surprised if AU did anything wrong. He also qualified his remarks by saying he had no hard information one way or the other.

The NCAA went into Adam's house and took pictures? Why, is Tenn. Stud in trouble? Maybe they plan to make Tenn. Stud take a Bahama's vacation with Julie Roe-Lach, their chief enforcement officer. (shudder)

Here's the latest I heard from a Bammer at work....which you should take for what it's worth (A Bammer comment). He said he didn't get it from any turd blogs but from a "reliable source." I think I know who the "source" is and I doubt he's in the know about much. It's a former turd football player that works here and has an office down his hallway.

Anyway, he said the upcoming story involves Byron De'Vinner who sets up some 7 on 7 tournaments and may be classifed by the NCAA as a street agent. He's been a mentor to Jovon, Will Redmond (MSU) and Brandon Hill (UAT). Apparently, it's the reason the MSU wr coach resigned.

He also sent me a link to a tweet from De'Vinner (that I couldn't open) but according to my friend it said:

"I wish everyone would get off Trooper Taylor. He's a great coach and a great mentor to those kids on the plains like he was in Knoxville."

Like the rest of you, I'll just wait until the real story comes out so we can separate facts from fiction. I was just passing this story on.

Here's the latest I heard from a Bammer at work....which you should take for what it's worth (A Bammer comment). He said he didn't get it from any turd blogs but from a "reliable source." I think I know who the "source" is and I doubt he's in the know about much. It's a former turd football player that works here and has an office down his hallway.

Anyway, he said the upcoming story involves Byron De'Vinner who sets up some 7 on 7 tournaments and may be classifed by the NCAA as a street agent. He's been a mentor to Jovon, Will Redmond (MSU) and Brandon Hill (UAT). Apparently, it's the reason the MSU wr coach resigned.

He also sent me a link to a tweet from De'Vinner (that I couldn't open) but according to my friend it said:

"I wish everyone would get off Trooper Taylor. He's a great coach and a great mentor to those kids on the plains like he was in Knoxville."

Like the rest of you, I'll just wait until the real story comes out so we can separate facts from fiction. I was just passing this story on.

PRETTY sure he got that from a Bama message board. Sadly, your friend's no insider...And since he read it on the internet, it must be true. ;)

The bammer boards have been pretty good at predicting when stories would hit. They've been pretty abysmal on the content aspect of it however. If I went by their predictions (as well as those on LSU and Arkansas boards), I would assume we paid Cam with money raised from slaughtering babies in Africa and passing out $1000 bills wrapped around condoms for the players to hit the ATL strip clubs after the games.

I can't guarantee anything but my bet is, it'll mostly be a rehash of what we already know with Jovan, but because its ESPN and Auburn, there will be plenty of innuendo and implication with little substance once you really look at what's being said. Remember, according to the principal at the school, the reason they initially looked at Jovan's grades was because AUBURN inquired about a transcript discrepancy.

The one it will really be damaging to will be the school that lost a coach over it already and is being implicated in giving a card to recruit.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

After the yearlong Cam soap opera I'm pretty much numb to this sort of crap. At this point this entire thing is nothing more than mental masturbation. Nobody knows anything so there is nothing to get worked into a tizzy just yet. Wake me up when something actually comes out.

Archived