Memphis

msg6367

I cant see how this recults in anything detrimental to Auburn. The kid is not enrolled and didn't even practice after a discrepancy in his transcipts was discovered. Im not putting any stock in this whatsoever. Obviously, the bamrs will never be able to let go of the deep down hurtin Cam put on them.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Murphy@mattmurphyshow

The AUBURN story none of you fans want to accept…i hear it is dropping tomorrow. looks bad for TT…

TT = Trooper Taylor for those of you playing at home..

That sort of goes along with my earlier post and the tweet from De'Vinner.

Yeah, sorry msg, I didn't mean to overlook your post.

Apparently De'Vinner's been questioned and he's defending TT. I don't really know about De'Vinner except he's a hs coach in the Nashville area and he has a travelling 7 on 7 team that Jovon played on the last couple of years (as did others). I'm not sure how TT's name came up or why his tweet seems to be defending him.

For the record, wasn't the grade that was altered in the JR case from his freshman or sophomore year? I heard on the radio that it was very early, and was to keep him eligible at his HS, not to get him Ito college.

SIAP, but this is what I just got from a friend of mine (not a source, just an Auburn alum/fan that usually has pretty good info). Doesn't sound good!

"Supposedly, there will be a hit piece coming out about Memphis recruiting. It will implicate Auburn in the grade changing scandal and it will hit MSU pretty hard as well. Joe Schad is writing the article. I’m expecting it to go into detail about JR. Supposedly, a Auburn Alum took Jovon to Auburn for a recruiting trip. His Mother didn’t know that he left and called the police. The same Alum/Booster that took Jovon to Auburn is going to be linked with the counselor who changed the grade."

If this is true, we are screwed. Everyone feels like we got away with paying Cam, which has never been proven on any level, so they will be looking to hammer us for this. Meanwhile, UA players are still getting free suits and meals, and getting paid to do autograph sessions at TTMW. Gotta love the justice within the NCAA.

Do we have Booster 101 classes available?

This is pathetic.

Is it just me, or when you read this do you say "Oooooookkkkkkk. big deal."

I mean, the car ride to AU....ladi freakin da. I know you're not supposed to do that, but my Lord Alabama had multiple players flown down to a f'n agent party in south beach and all they had to do was pay for the plane tickets after that fact. I believe an Alabama alum took multiple players on fishing trips as well? That is 10 times more major. All of those players got brief suspensions, and that was the extent of it.

Now, it depends what kind of "relationship" the coach had with the counselor is the extent of my concern. Did the coach pay/pressure the counselor to change the grades? Stuff like that is the only real info I'm concerned about.

For the record, wasn't the grade that was altered in the JR case from his freshman or sophomore year? I heard on the radio that it was very early, and was to keep him eligible at his HS, not to get him Ito college.

That's what I heard too..from multiple people.

pondscum was on the Tim Brandow show a little while ago. They talked about saban's media tirade. Auburn football and how we are struggling. You know how pawwwwlll is. He didn't even so much as make a snide remark about any of this. No mention at all. The NCAA has been in Memphis, so I am sure the media has also. This may all just be wishful hoping about us.

SIAP, but this is what I just got from a friend of mine (not a source, just an Auburn alum/fan that usually has pretty good info). Doesn't sound good!

"Supposedly, there will be a hit piece coming out about Memphis recruiting. It will implicate Auburn in the grade changing scandal and it will hit MSU pretty hard as well. Joe Schad is writing the article. I’m expecting it to go into detail about JR. Supposedly, a Auburn Alum took Jovon to Auburn for a recruiting trip. His Mother didn’t know that he left and called the police. The same Alum/Booster that took Jovon to Auburn is going to be linked with the counselor who changed the grade."

If this is true, we are screwed. Everyone feels like we got away with paying Cam, which has never been proven on any level, so they will be looking to hammer us for this. Meanwhile, UA players are still getting free suits and meals, and getting paid to do autograph sessions at TTMW. Gotta love the justice within the NCAA.

Not agreeing with your info, but just for agruments sake, does the fact that Jovon never played a game and was terminated off the team as soon as Auburn knew a grade was changed make a difference? I would think that we would be really screwed if JR had been playing in the past two games however that is not the case.

And remember that the NCAA cleared Jovon to play for AU, however the NCAA and AU were both tricked into believeing a false transscript was valid. We have been working with the NCAA on this issue the entire time.

Don't forget the NCAA also cleared Derrick Rose to play for Memphis after following Calipari on every visit and every step of Rose's recruitment. Years later they changed their mind and made UM vacate wins, which would have included the title game if they could have hit a FT.

Why would it take such a long time to release a story that has "major" implications at a major school in a major conference. Especially one that is 2 years removed from a National Championship? I'm calling Horse Hockey as well...

If there were some and realistic dirt on Auburn, Alabama, Miss State, UGA, USC, etc. it would be spilled as soon as possible so that someone else would not break the story... ESPN would be all over it, same with foxsports, cbs sports, not waiting for Joe the blow hard to get his "facts" together before releasing.

A note to add... If there happens to be some doomsday story that drops, do remember that it is far from the first one that we've seen. If any coaches or boosters are implicated, do not jump to conclusions and call for their head until it something is proven as a fact.

I have a hard time seeing how any staff that has been under the microscope like ours could ever concieve of doing something illegal, and I believe 100% that this is more b.s. speculation trying to disrupt our current and future recruiting sucess. It's very possible that we will sign several of the top overall prospects, and it's not sitting well with other teams.

Don't forget the NCAA also cleared Derrick Rose to play for Memphis after following Calipari on every visit and every step of Rose's recruitment. Years later they changed their mind and made UM vacate wins, which would have included the title game if they could have hit a FT.

If I remember correctly, they didn't get Rose for recruiting violations. They proved that somebody else took his a.c.t. test, which made him ineligible.

After a bit of reading seems they may be implying jovan was paid and with that money bought a fancy car that sports Auburn flags. It would appear that 135k or so was deposited into his moms account and folks are anxious to say Auburn may have paid him. I hear that is not the case as the money is a result of a settlement, anyone hear or read anything similar?

Hard to know what is what with so many Auburn haters as well as folks stating fact when in reality they are posting with the snow ball effect!

Dana

Not trying to be a smart a** or anything of that nature. This is an honest question. How in h*** would anyone know what was deposited in the account of Jovon's mother or anyone else? I believe banks cannot just give out that information to anyone who asks and anyone from the bank who had access to the account and "leaked" information about it would be in a world of hurt as far as their job and possibly their freedom was concerned.

Ok, ok...for the last time......

Jovon's dad was killed in an accident a couple years back. His mother sued and won. The car was purchased with money from the lawsuit.

Moving on now.....

I KNOW THAT. My question was and still is.....how could someone know that $135,000 was deposited into Jovon's mother's account. My contention is that they can't so the original post I was questioning made no sense and was crap.

Here's the latest I heard from a Bammer at work....which you should take for what it's worth (A Bammer comment). He said he didn't get it from any turd blogs but from a "reliable source." I think I know who the "source" is and I doubt he's in the know about much. It's a former turd football player that works here and has an office down his hallway.

Anyway, he said the upcoming story involves Byron De'Vinner who sets up some 7 on 7 tournaments and may be classifed by the NCAA as a street agent. He's been a mentor to Jovon, Will Redmond (MSU) and Brandon Hill (UAT). Apparently, it's the reason the MSU wr coach resigned.

He also sent me a link to a tweet from De'Vinner (that I couldn't open) but according to my friend it said:

"I wish everyone would get off Trooper Taylor. He's a great coach and a great mentor to those kids on the plains like he was in Knoxville."

Like the rest of you, I'll just wait until the real story comes out so we can separate facts from fiction. I was just passing this story on.

msg6367. Where do you work? A good friend of mine (Bama Grad) called me this morning and told me the exact same thing you just typed word for word! Almost feel like yall may work together!

Here's the latest I heard from a Bammer at work....which you should take for what it's worth (A Bammer comment). He said he didn't get it from any turd blogs but from a "reliable source." I think I know who the "source" is and I doubt he's in the know about much. It's a former turd football player that works here and has an office down his hallway.

Anyway, he said the upcoming story involves Byron De'Vinner who sets up some 7 on 7 tournaments and may be classifed by the NCAA as a street agent. He's been a mentor to Jovon, Will Redmond (MSU) and Brandon Hill (UAT). Apparently, it's the reason the MSU wr coach resigned.

He also sent me a link to a tweet from De'Vinner (that I couldn't open) but according to my friend it said:

"I wish everyone would get off Trooper Taylor. He's a great coach and a great mentor to those kids on the plains like he was in Knoxville."

Like the rest of you, I'll just wait until the real story comes out so we can separate facts from fiction. I was just passing this story on.

msg6367. Where do you work? A good friend of mine (Bama Grad) called me this morning and told me the exact same thing you just typed word for word! Almost feel like yall may work together!

I sent you a pm.

If these alegations are true. Wouldnt this only effect and pentalize this year since Jovon was a recruit from the 2012 class? And could there be bowl suspensions with this? Also how would trooper be involved in this

If these alegations are true. Wouldnt this only effect and pentalize this year since Jovon was a recruit from the 2012 class? And could there be bowl suspensions with this? Also how would trooper be involved in this

Interesting question

Could we be at risk of vacating all our wins so far this season?

Interesting question

Could we be at risk of vacating all our wins so far this season?

I died laughing ... :roflol: :roflol:

Respected Memphis writer @geoff_calkins reporting multiple outlets working Robinson AU story.

I am perplexed by the amount of details people give ( account dollar amounts, bad for Trooper, someone in the know says, teacher/soccer coach did whatever, etc.) but there is still NO story, NO TRUE facts, NO NOTHING! Yet we speculate to the enth degree mostly to our detriment.

MY OPINION, we need to stir the pot less, listen more, and be patient with our comments and judgements. Otherwise we all look foolish as individuals, and as a group of individuals we make Auburn look foolish.

If there is adversity or NOT, handle it like grown men and women with True Auburn Character and not in a manner that rivals use as childish immature mochery.

Didn't see this posted here, but figured I'd share. A UT booster, Adams, who is in the know about Memphis HS sports and recruiting had enough of Dooley and decided to snitch on him about Memphis. He started aiming aimlessly and spilled the beans on everyone else while he was at it, or at least gave those investigators the right schools and people to talk to. Memphis has been infiltrated by media and NCAA for at least 4 months if not more according to a local Memphis reporter. So while MSU self-reported their violations, though steep from what some are saying, they just cut loose the WR assistant and hope to take a minor slap on the wrist. For Auburn, it's wrong place, wrong time and apparently got caught with pants down without even knowing things were going down already. Here's some comments I pulled that are supposedly from UT booster Adams. TIFWIW, but does call out ESPN & Yahoo! as the two media outlets that would be reporting, and those names have been mentioned outside of this for tomorrow's breaking stories.

So, basically this... "Gary Parrish, CBSports called today to talk, saying he would be over for Saturday's tv party, games; he asked if he could attend our weekly Wed. luncheons where sports folks gather at 3 rotating restaurants. Naturally I told him yes; it would be at Wang's, Ridgeway, Park at 11:30. He said he would definitely attend. He then said that he heard that Auburn would be hit hard in the next several days. Since he called me, I didn't inquire, ask. I just listened. Later, another usually well informed individual called to say that Yahoo Sports or ESPN was coming out with a bombshell telling the story how the soccer coach at Wooddale HS, Jovon Robinson's school, would be outed. She's an Auburn graduate. One week end she carried Jovon to Auburn without Jovon telling his mother. Upon returning, her auto broke down and again, Jovon didn't call his mother. That MOnday Jovon's mother reported her son as missing to the Memphis police department. Now, according to rumors, she's somehow involved in the distribution of money, etc. Again, just rumors.

The NCAA has been actively involved recently here in Memphis. One of my best friends met with them; they came to his home, took a lot of photos, and carried him to lunch at Mr. B's. Most interesting info from those meetings but I was sworn to secrecy."

Maybe I'm wrong, but why would this even be an issue for AU? From this info (be it fact or not) the only connection this soccer coach has to AU is that she graduated here. Not a current employee and in no way connected to our program officially other than the fact she's a fan and willing to drive a recruit. I understand the NCAA has some obscure and ridiculous rules, but if this results in anything at all I can't see how it would be more than something extremely small. If it resulted in anything substantial, assuming this "info" is the extent of it, then Emmert and the gang have some serious issues.

Archived