Memphis

msg6367

Just heard from my Auburn friend again and they said a 2ndary violation probably for Auburn and the turds and probation for MSU.

Wouldn't that mean that a school would have had to get a letter of inquiry? To my knowledge no one has gotten one.

A story from BSPN cannot automatically result in NCAA penalties. Jus sayin...

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard from my Auburn friend again and they said a 2ndary violation probably for Auburn and the turds and probation for MSU.

Wouldn't that mean that a school would have had to get a letter of inquiry? To my knowledge no one has gotten one.

A story from BSPN cannot automatically result in NCAA penalties. Jus sayin...

Letter of inquiry would only be for NCAA investigation. If we were unaware of violations before the story broke we can self report secondary violations which the NCAA can either accept or investigate further.

It's all BS. No one knows about any violations or probation. Just like the LA Times just came out with a story about Joe McKnight getting a car at USC...the story came out, and the NCAA announced they were looking in to it. Turns out USC reported some issues on the matter long ago.. It still may be an issue, but not much. It's very possible that there have been a couple of issues, and AU has long ago notified the NCAA. Unless new info surfaces from the Yahoo story, the NCAA, will probably be hearing the story that they already heard. If something dirty went down and TT was involved he would be fired. This is a bunch of overhyped sensationalism by people who get paid to create controversy.

I believe we probably (hopefully) unknowingly committed a secondary violation by ever letting him in school. A lot of secondary violations have minimal to no penalty.

This. Every school releases findings every year to the NCAA, listing secondary violations. Not a big deal.

This is all so familiar.

I am happy to know that AU reported this and that it appears we did our part.

This is all so familiar.

My turd friend just sent me this link: http://theattackmachine.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/update-on-the-coming-auburn-story/

I'm not sure who Dale Jackson is but he apparently has a show In huntsville.....and if it's reported on the radio it must be true. :-\

I think I need to find better friends.

According to Goldberg, Coach Chizik gave a "no comment" when asked about Memphis recruiting at his press conference. Who the hell asked Coach a question about an internet rumor?

This is all so familiar.

My turd friend just sent me this link: http://theattackmachine.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/update-on-the-coming-auburn-story/

I'm not sure who Dale Jackson is but he apparently has a show In huntsville.....and if it's reported on the radio it must be true. :-\

I think I need to find better friends.

That article sounds like the blind leading the dumb.

According to Goldberg, Coach Chizik gave a "no comment" when asked about Memphis recruiting at his press confreence. Who the hell asked Coach a question about an internet rumor?

A sniveling Al.com gossip rag reporter

According to Goldberg, Coach Chizik gave a "no comment" when asked about Memphis recruiting at his press confreence. Who the hell asked Coach a question about an internet rumor?

If the entire story was just an internet rumor wouldn't Chizik be like "What? Huh?" It's clearly not just a rumor. The only rumor is what the story will actually be about.

If the entire story was just an internet rumor wouldn't Chizik be like "What? Huh?" It's clearly not just a rumor. The only rumor is what the story will actually be about.

I'm sure CGC is notified on any kind of rumor or anything of this nature once people start saying things for a fact ( or so they believe ) he doesn't live in a cave.

The latest rumor here in Madagascar is that Trooper Taylor's incessant towel waving has led to abnormally strong seasonal winds in the northernmost part of the country, causing obscene amounts of sneezing and nose-picking because of the dust. The World Health Organization and NCAA are doing preliminary interviews at this time.

Rumor was the wrong word to use. I should've said internet gossip.

Not wanting to jump off the bridge here but Smurphy, who has pretty good sources posted on his twitter he is hearing that TT could be implicated in the Robinson grade change. I hope not, but if so he needs to go.

It was posted weeks ago that the grade change was in 9th or 10th grade to make him eligible to play high school ball. I think that was posted by several mods or people from AE with knowledge.

Not wanting to jump off the bridge here but Smurphy, who has pretty good sources posted on his twitter he is hearing that TT could be implicated in the Robinson grade change. I hope not, but if so he needs to go.

Wouldnt that make the recruiting world happy..... :-\

Jon Solomon scoops the rumor. It is a scoop in this sense - Solomon gets to say he broke the story, because his article is the first recognition by any mainstream media member. Solomon obviously tipped off Goldberg, so that Goldberg could be the first person to ask Chizik. This sets the wheels in motion for a UA beat writer to ask Saban, which someone will have to do now that Chizik has been asked, and the rumors say UA is also involved. That is why it is a scoop.

http://www.al.com/sp...ml#incart_river

Archived