Will Borges put in

Shug2003

I'm hoping that Borges is on the sidelines for the Dogs game and puts in the entire package for them. I think it will take just that. We have nothing to hide now and they need to work on the whole thing for upcoming games with Bammer and in the SEC Game. Winning is execution not surprizes so why not? WDE!

If there's elements left that he hasn't used, then of course he is going to use it for this game, otherwise it would never be used.

Of course, if it's a blowout, he might save it until the Bama game, but don't expect that.

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!!!!!

I heard Stan White talking about that on Finebaum (yeah, I know, what's an AU fan doing listening to Finebaum?), and he explained it like this:

The entire package has been put in during spring and fall practice. When making the game plan for a particular team, they pick the plays they think will work best, given the schemes and personnel. He gave the example of having 100 plays and choosing 60 to begin with. Then, during the week, they might hone that down to about 40 plays. Those numbers are just examples, but they might not be too far off, I don't know. Then during the game, you might find that about 20-30 of those work and the other 10 don't, so you emphasize those that are working well.

So, I expect UGA will see some things that are not on tape. I'm sure they'll throw in a wrinkle or two, a new formation, or a play out of a different formation, some motion where there was none before, etc. But by this late in the season, you don't put in a whole lot of new stuff. Everybody knows what everybody else does by now. You just do what you do best. If you're good enough, you win. The real key to success is execution more than schemes.

some of what we have done to blow other teams away, was only used against UT and Arkie.

Sure, other teams know that we have these plays, formations and use of motion at our arsenal, but they dont have much to show as far as trends to predict what we will use or when.

CTT and CAB have been tremendous this year at not showing whats not necessary and at being great field position strategists.

CTT and CAB, with some excellent punting from Bliss and kickoffs by Yost, have played for field position all year long. Everyone used to call CTT 'a gambler', but notice now that he's got the offense to do the job, the gambler has left the building. The onside kick against Ark is the only questionable play he's called this year, IMO. He played field position against LSU, and look what happened. Field position was a major factor against OleMiss.

I think we do OK. UGA has more to worry about than we do because I honestly think we are better than they are. Yes, it will take a mistake free game to win. But it's also going to take a mistake free game for UGA to win.

Archived