SEC Players of the Week

autiger6

Although I thought Carnell should have gotten it two of out Tigers got weekly honors.

SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

TRAVIS WILLIAMS

Linebacker

AUBURN

6-1 * 209 * Junior

Columbia, S.C. (Spring Valley HS)

Williams accounted for 12 total tackles, including 11 solos, and a sack in Auburn's 35-14 win at Ole Miss.

Williams was part of an Auburn defense that earned seven sacks and kept Ole Miss from scoring via the rush for the eighth time in nine games this season.

Seven of Williams' tackles were after Rebel gains of three-yards-or-less while two stops held Ole Miss on third down.

Ole Miss reached the "red zone" just once and did not come away with any points.

For the season, Williams leads the Tigers with 56 tackles (42 solos) and has seven tackles for loss (-16 yards), including 1.5 sacks, two interceptions, a pass deflection and a forced fumble.

SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK

KODY BLISS

Punter

AUBURN

5-11 * 193 * Sophomore

Brentwood, Tenn. (Brentwood Academy)

Bliss punted six times for a 47.7 yard average in the Tigers' 35-14 win at Ole Miss.

In his six punts, Bliss pinned the Rebels inside their own 20-yard line three times. The average starting field position for Ole Miss on Bliss' six punts was its' own 20-yard line.

Bliss' first punt was a 47-yarder that was downed at the Ole Miss 5-yard line. His second punt was a 54-yarder that was taken at the 6-yard line and returned to the 10-yard line.

Bliss' final punt was a season-long 61-yarder that went into the end zone for a touchback.

For the season, Bliss is second in the SEC with a 42.6 yard average.

Props to the guys but man, this is crazy:

Williams was part of an Auburn defense that earned seven sacks and kept Ole Miss from scoring via the rush for the eighth time in nine games this season.

Who would've thought that after losing so much to the NFL?? :o

Is this a down year as far as SEC ground games? I know we have UGA and UAT left but still...

I love the fact that Travis is a junior and Kody is a soph..

I certainly won't mind watching them for another year!

Regarding rushing touchdowns, it will be interesting to see how the next two games play out. Georgia has a good running back and Bama once had a very good rushing game.

I'm not really sure how Bama's rushing game stands now that they've lost Castille AND Hudson, although Darby is still dangerous. But then, as we demonstrated too often last year--the best running game in the world can't win if you can't pass and the defense can focus exclusively on the run. I'm sure we'll know more about the post-Castille Tide after they play MSU and LSU.

Archived