Is bama missing Price?

vatz22au

Utep was a team that was ranked 116th nationally before the season. They are now 6-2 and doing pretty well for a team that was 116th..... So lets ask the "what if" question.... You think alabama would be doing pretty well with Price on staff than Mr. Youngin Shula? My answer? I think Price would have taken an alabama team that was hit by probation and turned it around in convincing fashion, something shula has....a little I guess?

Mike Price turned a nothing into a winner in a nothing conference.

Mike Price at Bama would've been a middle of the pack, win-one-every-so-often coach. Kinda like Tuberville has been. Definitely nothing to be scared of.

Mike Price turned a nothing into a winner in a nothing conference.

Mike Price at Bama would've been a middle of the pack, win-one-every-so-often coach.  Kinda like Tuberville has been.  Definitely nothing to be scared of.

117244[/snapback]

This team was 116th....and the team looks totally different this year. Thats a sign of a good coach. Im going to have to disagree with you there. Yes its a nothing conference, but they sucked in this "nothing conference"....so showing mass improvement is something to be noticed with a team like UTEP.

Utah, Utep........it's close.

I don't care how good he does. I still don't want Mike "Pimp Daddy" Price as our HC.

Edit: Yea, I hit the 't' instead of the 'r'. :P I've been in Auburn too long and it's affecting my skills. ;):poke::D

He is already "out HC". :big:

Just one in a long line of Former uat Coaches. :D

He was a excellent QB caoch that may have been able to get the backup prepared a little better. I think somebody mentioned this earlier but he like coaching tightends also. :whoa: :D

Personally, I never liked Price. I don't think his type of system would have worked in the SEC. Kinda like Hal Mumme at UK, not really that concerned with defense, just tries to out score everyone. Yes, he is an excelent QB coach and one of the backups would probably (not definately) been better prepared, but I don't think as a whole he would have been good for :ua: .

He has turned UTEP around, but I don't think the WAC is anything like the SEC.

Personally, I never liked Price. I don't think his type of system would have worked in the SEC. Kinda like Hal Mumme at UK, not really that concerned with defense, just tries to out score everyone. Yes, he is an excelent QB coach and one of the backups would probably (not definately) been better prepared, but I don't think as a whole he would have been good for  :ua: .

He has turned UTEP around, but I don't think the WAC is anything like the SEC.

117313[/snapback]

I agree the wac isnt like the SEC...but its all fair in a sense. The wac has WAC type players....the SEC has SEC type players. Im sure if Price was given a team full of SEC players, he would produce the same results in the SEC.

I'm asking cause' I really don't know. If Price was there, would Kines be the DC? Was he on Price's staff?

Price may have made a difference in the back up. We'll never know. I tend to believe this rash of injuries would be impossible to overcome for any coach, especially at these key positions. Bama is in the hunt for a bowl because of the job Kines has done.

I'm asking cause' I really don't know.  If Price was there, would Kines be the DC?  Was he on Price's staff?

Price may have made a difference in the back up.  We'll never know.  I tend to believe this rash of injuries would be impossible to overcome for any coach, especially at these key positions.  Bama is in the hunt for a bowl because of the job Kines has done.

117326[/snapback]

Price originally hired Kines and Shula chose to keep him. I didn't like either's choice. The D has looked fairly good so far this year, Kines may turn out and prove me wrong.

All I know is that the UAT team was really believing in his system.

After his ouster (with the team showing up in full support), Justin Smiley remarked to a reporter that "we could have won 13 games with his system".

Maybe, maybe not. But they were convinced.

Im glad Price is gone. I didnt like him at all. Price would have been fired from any SEC school with his actions. One of the reasons he is doing so well at UTEP is because its UTEP. Who do they play??

All I know is that the UAT team was really believing in his system.

After his ouster (with the team showing up in full support), Justin Smiley remarked to a reporter that "we could have won 13 games with his system".

Maybe, maybe not.  But they were convinced.

117414[/snapback]

They could win thirteen games under Shula also.

It just might take three years is all. :P

I like the coach we have. Better than fran, better than price.

How would price's run and gun offense done with pennington at the helm?

117543[/snapback]

Do you honestly think he is better than Fran?

Not a flame, just curious. As much as I hated Fran for his "School down the road" bit, you have to admit, he pulled a Championship caliber team out of a rag-tag group. Something Shula has yet to do, injury or not.

But, but, but.....His name is "shula" and his daddy was a good coach and, and, and,

...well, he looks good in a dark pink sweater ! ! ! :D

:poke:

I can't miss someone that I never saw coach.

Archived