We need to play up our schedule NOW

MaterSandwich

We need to keep this out in the media from here on out: Auburn will be the only team in the BCS this year to have played 4 top ten teams before the Orange Bowl. These top 10 teams were at the time we played them (LSU,TN, GA,TN-again). Of these 4, we are the only team to beat the 3 plus beat the defending national champion. No one, I repeat, on one has or will do this during the current season.

I know this revolves around us winning out but we need tomake our case NOW because we won't have the luxury of time to do it later.

Have I lost my mind for thinking about this? :au::o:au:

I work in Atlanta...and I "have Georgia on my mind"!!! Beat the puppies!!!! :au:

I totally agree, if we lose any....it's all over with. That's why I say we've got to win out without question. BUT this is just like politics with these voters, you have to mount a campaign to win. If you were running for president, would you have waited until the last day to begin your run?

I honestly think part of the problem is what I call the Auburn mentality of it's fans. When sucess is staring them in the face, the fear of failure increases. These poll voters pick up on this lack confidence, like it's some abboration. We don't need to be cocky but we can present our case and that case is our very unique schedule this year. No one's will even approach it and that schedule will be the same Top 4 no matter if we lose to GA,ALA,TN combined.

I don't think waiting until after Georgia is the last minute. There will be three weeks from right after Georgia to after the SECCG. I think that's a great time to point out that statistic.

Maybe you are right Titan, I dunno.....but it looks like we are going to have to do a major selling job to change the voters, the computer crap won't do it by itself.

Maybe the sun and the moon and the stars will align and we are destined for the Big One this year no matter what. I just don't want to see us get the usual screw job without blowing our wad.

Mater, you mean like in '83? Didn't the #1 lose and we were #2 but we still didn't finish #1 because of Miami or something? Maybe some of you older guys remember...kinda glad I missed out on all that. That would suuuuuuck!

Yep, I was there at that one and I went to bed at the Hilton thinking we were the national champs. These young 'un's don't understand the national poll screw job waiting for us if we act like lambs. I mean, this may be the only time in my life that my beloved Tigers might be the king of the hill.

AU was #3 going in to the Sugar. Neb. was #1. Miami, ranked #5, beat #1 neb.

Miami JUMPED AU, even though #2 Texas lost too, and won the mnc.

IF we win out, there can be noone in their right mind that could not see that we deserve a shot.

But, there are a lot of folks out there that are not "in their right mind". :D

ONE at a time.....ONLY thinking of the puppies. :au:

After Bama manhandles MSU and the corndogs, they will probably be in the top ten when we play them also.

117275[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::puke::moon::rolleyes::poke:

I remember 1983 vividly. I was in junior high and just knew that when the poll came out that we'd be national champs. I was stunned when Miami leaped from fifth to first and we were stuck in third. What a joke. We played something like 8 or 9 bowl teams that year (and that was before there were a zillion bowls to go to) and had by far the toughest schedule in the country by every place that measured such things. Our only loss came to Texas in week two and they finished with one loss...to a UGA team we had beaten in Sanford Stadium a month or so earlier.

It was a horrible miscarriage of justice.

Maybe you're right Mater. I tend to want to wait so as not to get the focus off of Georgia. The players do read these boards believe it or not. But maybe we the fans can start hyping it a little.

I was at the Sugar Bowl as well in 83'. With the schedule we played and the two teams in front of us losing, we got :whoa: and were left at #3.

Also, Miami's only loss that year was to Florida 28-3. Guess who won between AU and UF that year? You guessed it. You couldn't have combined Miami and Nebraska's schedules and come close to what AU played that year. But, talk about screwed up voters, think about our illustrious National Champion the next year...Brigham Young, who beat a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl for the MNC. Oh well.

I was lurking on a Southern Cal board this morning. According to them, our schedule is one of the weakest in the nation. They are saying the closest thing to a quality win is the UT game, and then downplayed it because of a freshman QB. Added the SEC really sux this year, and the PAC 10 is full of great teams, which they have beaten handily. They are predicting that OK and AU will lose, and USC and Cal will end up playing for the NC.

Here's the link if anyone is interested

Archived