iPhone Update 6.0 and Video Playback

Weegle777

Has anybody updated their iPhone to the newest iOS and experienced problems with video playback on this site? I didn't have this problem before I updated, and now I get a screen that says,

"Must install adobe flash or QuickTime player"

I know Flash isn't available for iOS, but QuickTime has never given me an issue until now.

Installed it on my iPad and my iPhone 3GS. Haven't noticed any issues. In fact I played 3 videos from a post in the politics forum just last night.

By the way" Flash is going bye bye for Android too and Windows Phone OS doesn't support it either. abode has ceased development of it for mobile and the latest version of Android (4.1 Jelly Bean) doesn't have Flash support.

I did update over the air so that might be why it isn't working. Any ideas?

You could always backup your phone in iTunes then do a clean restore/install, then sync the phone to recover your apps, settings and data.

I'm updating as we speak. I'll let you know if I have any issues. I almost didn't update today. I usually wait a few weeks so apple can fix any bugs they may have. But decided to go ahead and do it.

Like was stated before,restore and re update to newest OS. Given the option I'll wait until I have a hardline to update my phone, I never do it over the air as you did. It's just not reliable enough yet.

As for Flash, It's pretty much a dead plug for phones now, and Is dieing for actual internet as well. It will not be long before it's not even needed on your computer. The sooner the better. Flash has always been a half assed solution. causes more problems than it solves.

Huge update, taking forever to install. Still waiting.

Been messing with my phone after update all day, nothing wrong at all, which is really strange. but I'll take it

Even after a restore, videos posted on this site will not play on my iPhone. It's strange. Even when I post a YouTube video, after the vid is imbedded, it will not play. The vid has a red playback box instead if the customary white playback arrow in a white circle that you tube vids usually have. I don't know what happened.

Archived