Question for StatTiger

AUTaxMan

We have all heard that it is difficult for one team to beat another twice in one season. I have never really bought into this. It seems that if one team has another team's number, then it should win both games in the same year, especially barring injury. It should actually be easier than beating a team in two consecutive seasons because of the differences in the personnel and location.

StatTiger, can you dig up the outcomes of SEC teams that have faced twice in the same season. I know that Bama beat UF twice in 2000, that LSU beat UGA twice last year, and that LSU and UT split a few years back. Have there been any more instances since the SEC went to two divisions?

Thanks.

We have all heard that it is difficult for one team to beat another twice in one season.  I have never really bought into this.  It seems that if one team has another team's number, then it should win both games in the same year, especially barring injury.  It should actually be easier than beating a team in two consecutive seasons because of the differences in the personnel and location.

StatTiger, can you dig up the outcomes of SEC teams that have faced twice in the same season.  I know that Bama beat UF twice in 2000, that LSU beat UGA twice last year, and that LSU and UT split a few years back.  Have there been any more instances since the SEC went to two divisions?

Thanks.

117382[/snapback]

Bama beat UF twice in 2000

LSU and UT split in 2001

LSU beat UGA twice in 2003

You only missed one...Auburn got killed by Florida...Twice 38-7,28-6. I blocked that one out too.

Archived