You would think Auburn would get respect by now...

PChamp119

I know it's "still early" in the season and to let things shape up. A UGA victory and an SEC Championship will turn it all around, but let's get real people.... Auburn aint gettin the respect it deserves. Yes they are getting good pub on ESPN and SI and all, but what the hell? Incase you are wondering what I am talking about. I did some number crunching on the polls and not only did Auburn lose a #1 vote in the AP poll, but Auburn received 2 votes as the #4 team in the nation. In the coaches Poll, we gained a #1 vote, but 8 coaches voted us #4. Eight! How could that many people rank Wisconsin higher then us? It's prolly them, at least they undefeated. But I wouldn't be shocked if Cal is ranked higher then us in some voters, seeing that they are surgically part of USC's ass. Maybe it's Utah. Call me a cry baby, whatever, just venting on some frustration from the pollsters.

I am holding on to the idea that we will finally get some respect with the pollsters after we take care of UGA if we dont get it then.... well I dont know how we earn it. I remember hearing on Espn talking about how USC was the only team to play 3 top 25 teams this year so that made them #1. I wonder if we will be #1 after we take down not 1, not 2, but 3 top 10 teams.

:au: is the true #1 and we will show why come the Orange Bowl.

i tell you i would pissed if i went to Wisconsin right now because they have the same record we have and we are still several rankings higher. But then again Wisconsin can eat it, i aint got **** for em

I was just listening to some interviews off of the Finebaum website: Link Jerry Palm said it's all because AU wasn't ranked very high in August. Geez, I almost hate to bring up this topic but, ... he also said if AU had done a little better last year they would have gotten the pre-season respect. ... {sigh} ... I really, really hate the fact that a playoff among the conference champions hasn't been instituted yet.

On the bright side, I also listened to what Brother Oliver had to say and after listening to his speech patterns/accent, etc. and thinking to myself 'where have I heard this voice before?' I finally figured out who he sounds like: Huckleberry Hound. WDE :au:

Guest SabanIsGod

that your not going to Miami, even with no losses. Make sure that you claim Nation Champs anyways :thumbsup: The way I look at it is, "if you win the SECCG than you won a NC"

I guess we now know what the waiting period is for SabinIsJustABitBetterThanTroy to show back up after a loss...

7 Weeks.

The polls will all work themselves out. We have a chance to finish the season without a loss (if it happens, we'll describe to the LSU Fans what it feels like).

I say, enjoy the ride, and don't worry what other people think about AU. The play speaks for itself.

Come on guys, we're starting to sound like LSU fans did last year. We haven't finished the regular season undefeated yet and the chances of us doing that are slim, believe it not.

We did not look like the best team in the nation against Ole Miss and I agree with the AP voters. Our only #1 vote is coming from a writer in Knoxville or Nashville or somewhere in Tennessee. I'm guessing he lost a bet or something. Writer and AP voter Neal McReady(sp?) of the Mobile Register was interviewed last night on WJOX and he said he downgraded Auburn because of their performance against a bad Ole Miss team...he's right I think. USC would've done more damage than we did by the half.

Regardless, we aren't the best team in the nation YET and there's no reason to pout about it now. Don't listen to Scarbinsky either. Let's at least finish the regular season first. Don't let this place turn into TigerForums.com before the season's out...PLEASE!

If Auburn is a legit MNC contender it will be proven in November, believe it.

Archived