Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

235A3F38-7F19-4D6B-A3B5-4F255900B4C7_zps

Juicin IPA by BlueTarp. Man this thing has a unique flavor to it. Very nice beer. Almost no bitterness.

Gonna make that my next purchase I think.

I love their cans. Just bonkers, all of them. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Picked up a bottle of BCBS today. First time I've ever seen it.

I've still never seen it.  It's still on my beer bucket list.  Have you tried it yet? What do you think?

7 hours ago, AuburnSoldier said:

I've still never seen it.  It's still on my beer bucket list.  Have you tried it yet? What do you think?

I am holding on to it for now. Gotta pick the right time...like this weekend. I'll report back.

Headed to Northern Arkansas in the morning for a few days for some trout fishing. Is there anything worth looking out for?

Bringing some Dale's, Two Hearted, DFH Sea Quench, Oberon, and Terrapin's new Tea Time Berlinerweisse. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Headed to Northern Arkansas in the morning for a few days for some trout fishing. Is there anything worth looking out for?

Bringing some Dale's, Two Hearted, DFH Sea Quench, Oberon, and Terrapin's new Tea Time Berlinerweisse. 

No clue, but have a great trip. That part of the state is beautiful. Gilbert is a neat little town (as in pop. 33 little) on the Buffalo. You can actually pull up your canoe, go have lunch at this cool little restaurant, and then get back on the river. There's also a rad bat cave close to there. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Is that the White River? Bucket list trip for me. Good for you man. Great choice of beer, too. 

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This just popped up in my feed. 2 beers in AR mentioned. I wouldn't hold up Men's Journal as an arbiter of beer tastes, but it's a starting point. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This just popped up in my feed. 2 beers in AR mentioned. I wouldn't hold up Men's Journal as an arbiter of beer tastes, but it's a starting point. 

Nice, I'll definitely be on the lookout for that IPA. 

Edit: and damn, that first IPA is in Arizona. 

21 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@ShocksMyBrain, be on the lookout for Grace and Grit by Great Raft. I know it's been shipped to north Ark.

I can now happily vouch for Great Raft products.

Have fun, Arky counties are always an interesting hodgepodge of dry/wet. 

At the of the same canoe trip I alluded to earlier, we ended up staying in Conway, AR. The only place around there to get a drink was at the VFW, so to the VFW we went. There was only one guy there even remotely near our age, which meant that we were the only people there remotely near his age, which meant that he really wanted to hang out with us. Dude was a 1-legged Paralympian trick skiier. Fun night. 

Stayed at Gaston's a few weeks ago.  It is in a dry county.  You have to drive to the next county to find something.  Although, interestingly they do have a bar with a small selection, and nothing spectacular.  Better take as much with you as you can.

I would highly recommend the hot wings at the restaurant/bar.  Best I have ever had.   The chef batters, fries, and then pours a buffalo sauce over them that is made with butter, habenero, and other spices.  Excellent!

We had a large group, and the ones that caught the large browns were using shrimp and crawfish for bait.  Largest rainbow was about 17" and brown 26".  

There are a couple of bald eagles nested down river from the resort.  Cool to see those guys fly so close in the wild.

Unexpectedly passing through Memphis. The High Cotton Dunkle could use a little more carb for my personal taste but otherwise pairs really well with Central Bbq's ribs. Was hoping they'd have Yazoo Sue, but no luck.

21 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It was great, I keep starting and stopping a post about it. Still putting pics on my computer. 

awesome man, looking forward to seeing it

On 4/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

135BD2CF-7A2F-4521-8EB8-FB16A4B159E7_zps

Finally made it to our "new" local brewery. Flying Tiger. I bitched about their first IPA offering. They got it straightened out now. What a cool place. 

An actual beer garden. Nice!

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

An actual beer garden. Nice!

Ice plant in a beer can? Good catch on the centerpiece.

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/newsroom/2017/05/wicked-weed.html

Why do I think about Ray Zalinski every time one of these articles comes out? Bash another company and take their market share....

This one doesn't bother me too much. I suppose it should, especially since WW has so many beers on the shelf at any given time, but I just don't buy them very often. Kind of expensive and I don't think they do anything that other breweries aren't doing just as well. Now, if Burial gets bought... 

Archived