Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I'd love to hear the verdict. 

Whenever I read the acronym, I hear it as "Get in the mouth". Works. 

Unfortunately, my 4th plans got sucked sideways. So, I had to punt the GITM until tomorrow. It will happen then....oh yes, t'will.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alipus San Luis mezcal. Oh dear. I did NOT need another vice. Fans of Islay scotches who also like tacos, get thee to the tequila bar.

RxznXBT.jpg

Uhhhhh....I gotta take a knee on this one.

Freaking wow! Dank, juice, mouthwatering, citrusy, grapefruit, malty backbone. Lost a bit of the hop oil bite. Good Lord these people know what they are doing. 

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

RxznXBT.jpg

Uhhhhh....I gotta take a knee on this one.

Freaking wow! Dank, juice, mouthwatering, citrusy, grapefruit, malty backbone. Lost a bit of the hop oil bite. Good Lord these people know what they are doing. 

I'd say the appearance is a stark difference:

yHCugEF.jpg

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Alipus San Luis mezcal. Oh dear. I did NOT need another vice. Fans of Islay scotches who also like tacos, get thee to the tequila bar.

I like Creyente, about $50 a bottle. I'm quite addicted to mezcal margaritas(on the rocks, salted rim). Something about the salt plays so well with the smoke in mezcal.

No bars in the suburbs carry mezcal, including Mexican restaurants. I have to go to midtown or downtown to get it. 

Pick up Stone's Ghost Hammer IPA if you see it. It's great, and arguably my favorite IPA from them. 

I was pretty "meh" on OB's Fugli IPA. Decent beer, but I like their traditional IPA a bit better. 

Okay, I'm going to add one of the "worst" beers that I've ever had to the discussion.  I went into Liquor Express in Huntsville last week asking for an IPA that might be similar to the Dogfish Head “Flesh and Blood” IPA. I guess I can’t fault the guy, but he put me on this beer: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24300/263927/

It sounded interesting so I bit. They sell it in 4-packs. He told me I could only buy 2 four packs, so I grabbed two. That was my mistake. The beer didn’t have the price labeled, and I let him ring it up without asking. Also my mistake. $34.00!!! I immediately asked him to put one of them back, and he offered to process a refund, but there were people in line behind me – and since he had assured me that I would love it, so I just bought them all and left. Again, my mistake. Guys, I thought the beer was horrible. I’ve been impressed with a lot of citrus and tropical fruit infused IPAs this summer, but this one is just too far over the top. It really tastes like pink lemonade, with some hops in the background. I hated it. Even on a hot day, I thought it was terrible. Anyway, lesson learned. 

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

$34.00!!!

Am I the only one that immediately thought "Evil Twin" before clicking the link?

Looked at the link. Sounds crushable, but not at that price point. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Am I th only one that immediately though "Evil Twin" before clicking the link?

I hadn't had anything of theirs before. I guess this beer is some special collaboration with another brewery, but damn. Anyway, I should have asked before handing him my card.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I hadn't had anything of theirs before. I guess this beer is some special collaboration with another brewery, but damn. Anyway, I should have asked before handing him my card.

They do some good but expensive stuff. Off hand, their Michigan Maple Jesus is great, but you'll chew bullets to pay for it. 

@Bigbens42, very true about Evil Twin. I rarely drink his beer because it rarely justifies the price gap over other, comparable beers. But he definitely knows what he's doing. 

Somehow, the Westbrook collabs tend to be slightly less unreasonably priced. 

@Tiger Refuge, I was wondering if Parrish was going "juicy" with the new Ghost. I am totally okay that they did.

@McLoofus the juice is most definitely loose with Parish. They just did another release of their 4XDH Envie last week. Talk about juicy...

J4lXGjb.png

This is another NC beer. It's a collaboration by all the breweries in the Asheville Brewery Alliance. Nice beer for sure. Tropical notes, very nicely carbonated.

m3IER1U.jpg

This was my first WW IPA. (The store owner promised it was a pre-sellout beer...didn't matter to me) Very nice. Had a good piney nose, nice bit of hop dankness...but not overpowering.

My NC trip reminded me that my beer doesn't necessarily have to punch me in the face with flavor. I love my local beer to death, but they are riding the flavor wave pretty hard. It's nice to step back and enjoy a beer that's a little more subtle. 

31 minutes ago, fishm3at said:

Victory Golden Monkey. 

I'm about to pound a Sour Monkey. After the hot drive home in my un-airconditioned car, I definitely need it.

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Have I mentioned how much I miss living in Colorado lately?

e0K3TM9.png

I got some ice cream
I got some ice cream
And you can't have none
And you can't have none
Want a lick?
Psyche

I feel like most people on here aren't 80s kids like I was, but maybe someone will get it...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I got some ice cream
I got some ice cream
And you can't have none
And you can't have none
Want a lick?
Psyche

I feel like most people on here aren't 80s kids like I was, but maybe someone will get it...

BRUHHHHH

WTF IS GOONNIE-GOO-GOO!?????

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh thank God.

Raw was the big one, but I was raised on Delirious. Red leather suit > purple one. 

I could go all day on that set. I used to have it memorized word for word. My best friend in middle school had a vhs of the HBO special that his mom recorded back in the day. We watched it continuously. 

Once I saw Delirious, Raw never really did it for me. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I got some ice cream
I got some ice cream
And you can't have none
And you can't have none
Want a lick?
Psyche

I should also add....

And you can't have none, and you can't have none. Because your daddy's an alcoholic, and you is on the welfare. 

Also, the bear in the woods joke is one of my all-time favorite jokes to tell. 

I'm pretty sure the white guy he makes fun of for trying to tell his jokes in the office is me. 

33 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

BRUHHHHH

WTF IS GOONNIE-GOO-GOO!?????

The b***h said GOONNIE-GOO-GOO!!!!

29 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I could go all day on that set. I used to have it memorized word for word. My best friend in middle school had a vhs of the HBO special that his mom recorded back in the day. We watched it continuously. 

Once I saw Delirious, Raw never really did it for me. 

Same.

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I should also add....

And you can't have none, and you can't have none. Because your daddy's an alcoholic, and you is on the welfare. 

!!!

24 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Also, the bear in the woods joke is one of my all-time favorite jokes to tell. 

Because it's a clean one. For the kids.

I'm pretty sure the white guy he makes fun of for trying to tell his jokes in the office is me. 

We are all Gary from Accounting. 

Archived