Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

20 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Maker’s for me this afternoon. I’m off for 11 days. God help my liver.

Mom always told me, "drinking kills brain cells."

Dad always added, "...but only the weak ones."

After I started studying Biology, I tended to think of drinking as adaptive "thinning the herd."

Alas, w./ age, I fear that I'm "exceeding maximum sustainable yield."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local spot finally got CBS in. $25. I realize that's fair market, but I didn't pull the trigger. They had at least 5 of them on the shelf. I might go back.

Got a mixed sixer of IPAs instead. I'll report back if any are cool.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Local spot finally got CBS in. $25. I realize that's fair market, but I didn't pull the trigger. They had at least 5 of them on the shelf. I might go back.

Got a mixed sixer of IPAs instead. I'll report back if any are cool.

You guys are a bad influence on me. Hee! I paid 23.99 for a bomber of CBS yesterday. I have serious doubts as to whether I have what it takes to appreciate it, but I look forward to trying! So what's the best way to drink this thing? I'm not much of a sipper, but I will try to be for this one.

They also had Good People El Gordo. Any thoughts on it?

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

You guys are a bad influence on me. Hee! I paid 23.99 for a bomber of CBS yesterday. I have serious doubts as to whether I have what it takes to appreciate it, but I look forward to trying! So what's the best way to drink this thing? I'm not much of a sipper, but I will try to be for this one.

While I haven’t had CBS, you definitely want to let it come up in temp out of the fridge. It’ll “open up” for you better. 

I haven’t had that GP either, but I haven’t had anything bad from them. 

Hang out out a bit. Bad influence will show up in spades. ?

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I like El Gordo a lot.

What Refuge said on the temp.

As what it takes to appreciate it... Either you like it or you don't! 

Enjoy! (Or don't :) )

Had some Weller 12 last night. Better than I remember.

Also had wine, an Elysian Space Dust or whatever it's called, soju, JD, limoncello, more wine... Honestly don't understand why I don't have the worst hangover ever today.

Went back and got that CBS Friday. Thinking we'll pop that tonight.

Happy Christmas Eve, all.

Wife stuffed my stocking with two Westy 12s, a Lindeman's Framboise, a Westmalle tripel, a Chimay Blue, a Rochefort 8 and a Black Note. Big daddy came over to give his grandgirls their gifts. We split the Black Note. 

Shocks' review nailed it. Tasted nice, body and complexity left a bit to be desired. Not that I mind. I feel pretty festive right about now. :cheers:

21 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Wife stuffed my stocking with two Westy 12s, a Lindeman's Framboise, a Westmalle tripel, a Chimay Blue, a Rochefort 8 and a Black Note. Big daddy came over to give his grandgirls their gifts. We split the Black Note. 

Shocks' review nailed it. Tasted nice, body and complexity left a bit to be desired. Not that I mind. I feel pretty festive right about now. :cheers:

Dude! Your wife with the Westys again! 

Absolutely delicious carmenere. One of my favorite varietals. If you love big cabs and malbecs, carmenere is for you. Great melding of the two varietals with huge flavors and vegetal(green pepper). Tannins are mild to medium.

2XMi1Tk.jpg

Archived