Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Cracking the Angel’s Envy. My. Good. Lord.

8BD4FA4A-3FA3-4F4B-A9B7-ED7704136079.jpeg

Port finish on the Angel’s Envy really makes this bottle. I love this bourbon. The price has dropped considerably from a few years ago. One of the best in its range. Plus the bottle itself is awesome—love the angel wings on the back. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

NOLA Revivalists. Pretty tasty. Would drink again. Named after the band. 

CQkNrrD.jpg

Got this in the fridge:

cKT6i5h.jpg

@Tiger Refuge what’s the story with Envie being brewed in Lakeland, FL?

Whaaaat? I’m not sure about that. I know when they started canning, the quality fell off a bit. Gimme a afew to dig, I’ll see if I can gather some info...

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I thought I had a picture, but my Envie tallboy was from Lakeland. I thought the flavor was fine, but the mouthfeel wasn’t like what I’d had in bottles. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I thought I had a picture, but my Envie tallboy was from Lakeland. I thought the flavor was fine, but the mouthfeel wasn’t like what I’d had in bottles. 

You are spot on.

The cans haven’t made it here yet. That’s said...it’s Envie. I can’t complain.

It actually reminded me a lot of Devil’s Harvest in terms of flavor combined with mouthfeel. 

Perhaps SoPro, Parish, and Abita have developed a new style. Southeastern Not Quite North East Delta IPA. 

Or commonly known as SENQNEDIPA. 

On 3/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, McLoofus said:

Interesting write-up of 3 macro-craft (maybe? no?) NEIPAs made moreso by the philosophical opining, IMO.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/03/new-england-ipas-are-officially-mainstream-and-its.html

From my corner of the world, I was struck (stricken?) by

"...It actually pisses me off to think that there are people in the middle of Oklahoma, or the edge of Arizona or wherever who don’t have access to good beer...There are legitimate beer deserts in this country"

Improving, no doubt, but relative deserts remain.

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hop Bullet is pretty dang tasty. 

It is. Just wouldn't drink anything behind it. It lingers on the palate. 

On 3/17/2018 at 11:26 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Here we go

QcztbFB.jpg

Need to get my hands on some of those for the first pool shindig of 2018.

Got my hands on the Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze. Tasty and crushable. Wish more NEIPA’s floated down here. 

Had to learn to solder pipe today. Jacked up a delta faucet trying to replace the seats. Was original, dome had cemented itself into place and I turned too hard on this one, the third out of four that needed fixing. Turned the water to the house back on and it was leaking into the wall. Plumber came out and said he could fix it without detroying tile and was going to get parts. He never made it back. Went to Lowe’s, bought some ball valves and by the grace of God soldered them into the lines going up to the shower. Now I’m minus one shower until I get it fixed, but at least we have running water and I have learned a new skill. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Got my hands on the Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze. Tasty and crushable. Wish more NEIPA’s floated down here. 

Had to learn to solder pipe today. Jacked up a delta faucet trying to replace the seats. Was original, dome had cemented itself into place and I turned too hard on this one, the third out of four that needed fixing. Turned the water to the house back on and it was leaking into the wall. Plumber came out and said he could fix it without detroying tile and was going to get parts. He never made it back. Went to Lowe’s, bought some ball valves and by the grace of God soldered them into the lines going up to the shower. Now I’m minus one shower until I get it fixed, but at least we have running water and I have learned a new skill. 

Congrats on your plumbing win!

Soldering. I did it once. Washing machine shut off valve failure. It has held so far, so...

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Congrats on your plumbing win!

Soldering. I did it once. Washing machine shut off valve failure. It has held so far, so...

Luckily already had a MAPP gas torch as my wife likes to use one for Crème Brûlée. Just had to buy solder, flux, an emery board, a cutter and the valves to get the job done. 

Where I ****** it up. See how those copper lines are twisted? That’s the hot and cold water line for the fixture. They aren’t supposed to look like that. (Yes the blood visible is mine.)

ioIMgo3.jpg

The ball valves in place after I got off my ass and decided to at least get the rest of the house working.

ncOZevI.jpg

8mI6JtL.jpg

I now know the importance of wearing gloves while doing plumbing work. Dropped a bit of solder on my left pinky while sweating the cold water line. It smarts. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Luckily already had a MAPP gas torch as my wife likes to use one for Crème Brûlée. Just had to buy solder, flux, an emery board, a cutter and the valves to get the job done. 

Where I ****** it up. See how those copper lines are twisted? That’s the hot and cold water line for the fixture. They aren’t supposed to look like that. (Yes the blood visible is mine.)

ioIMgo3.jpg

The ball valves in place after I got off my ass and decided to at least get the rest of the house working.

ncOZevI.jpg

8mI6JtL.jpg

I now know the importance of wearing gloves while doing plumbing work. Dropped a bit of solder on my left pinky while sweating the cold water line. It smarts. 

Nice job! It always feels good to tackle a project that falls outside the comfort zone.

Archived