Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

On 5/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yoooo. If you ever see this in the Oklahoma region cop you a 6er. Straight up citrus bomb. Got the haze we all crave. Roughtail Everything Rhymes With Orange. 

Caught my best friend’s aunt saying how much her son loved this brew. Being the skeptic beer snob I am, I was interested, and in jest asked her to get me some. 2 weeks later and I’m picking it up from said best friend’s apt. 

Here’s to finding a beer with an awful label but delicious beer inside.

ZyPJufb.jpg

Don’t stop with that one. Roughtail has several nice offerings. Hoptometrist Double IPA, 12th Round Strong Ale, and Polar Night Stout are great. They are a relatively new company, but they do good work. Almost everything they make comes in 4x16oz cans for around $9 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently drinking this. Smells and tastes as advertised. That said, it’s not very good. 

Edited to add: it really reeks of pot. Stank up the whole room. If you insist upon road sodas, avoid this one  

YHqYmwU.jpg

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Currently drinking this. Smells and tastes as advertised. That said, it’s not very good. 

Edited to add: it really reeks of pot. Stank up the whole room. If you insist upon road sodas, avoid this one  

YHqYmwU.jpg

That just doesn’t sound good. At all. The burps...

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That just doesn’t sound good. At all. The burps...

Oh the burps are atrocious. This beer is straight up gimmick and will likely sit in my fridge for a while. I just had to see if all the reviews were accurate in terms of fragrance and taste.

I should’ve bought Founders Dank Wood BBA Imp Red instead. Assuming it’s just The Dankness BBA style.

I did buy a 6er of Citrusinesis also...just doesn’t seem to have the oomph it used to. Still good. Still juicy citrus. 

We also got in Lagunitas Waldo’s Special Ale today...which I’ll probably buy to go along with the Dank Wood. 

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We also got in Lagunitas Waldo’s Special Ale today...which I’ll probably buy to go along with the Dank Wood. 

That beer is only okay for me. I don't really get the hype. It's good, but I pass on it most years. 

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Trout Whistle IPA 

CB55D350-EDFE-4143-A4EF-92C5EB3760B7.jpeg

I see you guys are waiting on spoons to finish them. Man, that looks chewy. Also... dude. 

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I see you guys are waiting on spoons to finish them. Man, that looks chewy. Also... dude. 

I’m sending smoke signals to home. We are moving west.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can dream. There is a NWR here....hmmmmmm.

Seems like you're out west for work a decent amount anyways. Might as well shorten the commute, right??

Cheers

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Trout Whistle IPA 

CB55D350-EDFE-4143-A4EF-92C5EB3760B7.jpeg

Looks like a set up to play quarters? I always (somehow) lost at that one.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can dream. There is a NWR here....hmmmmmm.

Note to self - Read the thread before interrupting. Dammit!

Note to TR - what kind of wildlife?

Not usually a wine drinker, but this is the best damned Italian restaurant in Birmingham.

Cigv5ic.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Looks like a set up to play quarters? I always (somehow) lost at that one.

Lol knew a girl in Highschool that could roll it off her nose at a near 95% ringer ?

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Not usually a wine drinker, but this is the best damned Italian restaurant in Birmingham.

Cigv5ic.jpg

Yoooo L’envoye Attaché is a bomb Pinot that we sell a ton of(not that one in particular). I hate Pinot typically, but that one is legit.  

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yoooo L’envoye Attaché is a bomb Pinot that we sell a ton of. I hate Pinot typically, but that one is legit.  

I'm totally in the dark on wine, but the waiter said we'd enjoy that one and we did. He got a hefty tip. Paired great with the food.

It's 9 days after the fact, but we finally got to go out for our anniversary. You do what you can with 4 children. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm totally in the dark on wine, but the waiter said we'd enjoy that one and we did. He got a hefty tip. Paired great with the food.

It's 9 days after the fact, but we finally got to go out for our anniversary. You do what you can with 4 children. 

Big cabs and blends will be your ticket. Nothing beats a giant cab and a steak.

But (expensive)Pinot will have some grip too. 

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Big cabs and blends will be your ticket. Nothing beats a giant cab and a steak.

But (expensive)Pinot will have some grip too. 

My wine tastes are so far out of my price range. I’m very grateful to have a good friend whom I can split $100 bottles with. 

Oh, I'd say this one went pretty well with my steak. 

eDCgrfz.jpgThat danged Mac and cheese is hands down the best I've ever had. If you're ever in the ham, Gianmarco is an absolute must. 

18 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Lol knew a girl in Highschool that could roll it off her nose at a near 95% ringer ?

Barracks buds just got tired of me. I'd just throw the quarter against the wall, and drink my penalty.

'Course, I was usually supplying the beer anyway, with poker winnings from them whippersnappers.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Snagged a 4-pack of Bloom at our (sort’a) local Rouse’s y’day, and popped one for the drive back from Spanish Fort. Liked it immediately. Over time, I grew to really, really appreciate the belch-back (yes, I’m weird that way?). No clash, whatsoever w./my Camel-sodden senses, and retained sufficient potency and complexity of aromatics that I began musing on pairing. Concocted an interplay of seared beef/tangerine/green onion that (mentally) nailed it. Alas, my refrigerator had me locked in to a shrimp lo mein last night (enough Scots in me that I take leftover discipline pretty seriously), but tailored the brown sauce to fit pretty well. My wife (bless her heart, not that much of a beer drinker) approved, and the beer has earned shelf space.

Many thanks to all who helped guide me here.

Envie on deck.

? I needed a few things from Bass Pro Shops? .......Not much of a drinker either, but after seeing these well taken pictures and excellent discriptions I am salivating.

Despite harboring near-low bar populations and near-high tax rates, we're #17. Reference failed to report how much I contribute.

“Despite shifting tastes among millennials, beer remains the most popular alcoholic beverage in the United States. It is the drink of choice for 43% of Americans who drink, beating out wine at 32% and liquor at 20%. Beer makers shipped 26.4 gallons of beer per person per American adult in 2017.” Excerpts from slide-show below, highlights mine

12. South Carolina

13. Mississippi

17. Alabama

> Annual per capita consumption: 28.9 gallons of beer
> Total beer consumption: 103.7 million gallons
> 5 yr. consumption change: -2.3%
> Bars and restaurants per 100,000 people: 153.3 (
3rd lowest)
> Beer tax rate: $1.05 per gallon (
3rd highest)

29. Florida

39. Tennessee

[Beer consumption in every state,, https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/beer-consumption-in-every-state/ss-AAwyQan?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=]

Archived