Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

On 5/26/2018 at 3:30 PM, Brad_ATX said:

How do I find it?  Found a new beer to share.

Hey man, sorry about the delay. If you haven’t found it yet, on mobile you can go to the upper right corner and click the drop down menu, clubs should be at the bottom of that menu. On desktop, it’s a tab at the top of one of the pages...I think.

ETA- I see you found it already. Good deal. I had my notifications off.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Pairing? Pshiaw.

Envie works well with others, and stands well solo. Each slug politely suggest another and each can (apparently new packaging?) politely suggests another.

For this (just budding) inner-tube season, I expect to ride my returning starter (Fairhope "Causeway") because those crowlers are just so handy in minimizing  the need for port calls. For the longer, more grueling cruises, however, Envie will definitely get some playing time; at only 5.3%, it'll likely contribute to enduring seaworthiness. 

"Long Distance Winner" [Buckingham Nicks]

How I spent my (so far) summer vacation.

Suspicions confirmed.

Tube/Envie pairing is a match made in (or, at least in the same neighborhood as) Heaven.

gn6HvNO.jpg

Well, now that summer's here, it's nice to have a chuggable beer.  It's hard to beat an ice cold PBR to slake that initial thirst. 

(That suddenly occured to me the other day.;))

23 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Perhaps @RunInRed could lock this thread with this link attached as the last post?

'Twould seem reasonable for overall site housekeeping, but...

On 5/23/2018 at 10:43 AM, AUDub said:

Ok, got it. We now have a redux of this thread in the club. Now we just need to get everyone to migrate over. Hate that we can’t bring this thread with us. So much valuable content

would we still be able to refer back to the old thread to keep new posts in perspective? Such as in...

On 6/4/2018 at 2:04 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

How I spent my (so far) summer vacation.

Suspicions confirmed.

Tube/Envie pairing is a match made in (or, at least in the same neighborhood as) Heaven.

gn6HvNO.jpg

?

If so, some (or at least one) of us might beg a little tech support.

Your friendly neighborhood Luddite.

ETA - I learned something. Please disregard.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry. I hate the “club/redux”. I’m gonna post here until someone deletes it. Too much info and history to ignore.

I may post alone. 

This beer amazes the senses. Trying to decribe.Caramel, coffee, malt...toffee. 

Mind blowing? Mouthfeel is good.could use just a bit more carbonation.

67563A71-43C2-43B9-819E-6765A80461B2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sorry. I hate the “club/redux”. I’m gonna post here until someone deletes it. Too much info and history to ignore.

I may post alone. 

This beer amazes the senses. Trying to decribe.Caramel, coffee, malt...toffee. 

Mind blowing? Mouthfeel is good.coulduse just a bit more carbonation.

67563A71-43C2-43B9-819E-6765A80461B2.jpeg

White Russian Imperial Stout?? I'm very very intrigued. Trying to figure out where to put the pause in the name.

I haven't discovered useful, additional functionality in the club yet. I don't understand the purpose of them. But I'm staying open minded.

24 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yikes. Morning after damage control.

I don’t necessarily “hate” the redux. Strongly dislike, yes. It’s just...so clunky.

You were drinking a White Russian Imperial Stout last night. You were clearly living a lawless existence.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yikes. Morning after damage control.

I don’t necessarily “hate” the redux. Strongly dislike, yes. It’s just...so clunky.

I’m sort of with you. It’s a good idea in theory, but I often forget to check it. 

We ar staying at a large hotel in Natchez,MS. There are 3 family reunions going on. Last night, they flooded the bar with laughter, music, and 4 gallons of frozen concoction called “Wiz Khalifa”.

If anyone hand you this drink, prepare to have your brains erased.?

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m sort of with you. It’s a good idea in theory, but I often forget to check it. 

I find it helps if you're following the thread and get reminders any time someone posts. 

18 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

We ar staying at a large hotel in Natchez,MS. There are 3 family reunions going on. Last night, they flooded the bar with laughter, music, and 4 gallons of frozen concoction called “Wiz Khalifa”.

If anyone hand you this drink, prepare to have your brains erased.?

Absolutely no intent to steal your thunder, but

you reminded me of (edited here from a postable version) another reference

'Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence"[1]. Its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick"...

Mixing InstructionsyH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3DEdit

• Take the juice from one bottle of Ol' Janx Spirit.
  • Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V — Oh, that Santraginean seawater! Oh, those Santraginean fish!
  • Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
  • Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in memory of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
  • Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones, subtle, sweet and mystic.
  • Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
  • Sprinkle Zamphuor.
  • Add an olive.
  • Drink... but... very carefully...
"After two of those babies, the dullest, most by-the-book Vogon will be up on the bar in stilettos, yodeling mountain shanties and swearing he's the king of the Gray Binding Fiefdoms of Saxaquine"
—On the drink's effects[src] '

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Pan_Galactic_Gargle_Blaster

On 6/30/2018 at 9:59 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Clunky is a good word for it. I like the clubs, in theory, but since this is what we're used to. 

16 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Natchez Brewing. These folks have stepped up and are brewing some really good beer.

16C17E70-D7E9-40BD-9F4E-3812F417BC7B.jpeg

Pretty beer, too. 

Archived