Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don't know what to think about this. Interesting, to say the least. I can taste all the flavors advertised plus some ginger. Wouldn't buy again.

ERJvyEk.jpg

I'll credit Abita with staying power. I used to consume a lot of their offerings. It's just that when I have access to my other in state offerings....well, ish happens.

I do have one of their imperial coffee stouts in my beer fridge. It'll be interesting as it's got a bit of age on it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Must not be drinking enough. I can still see the game.

Channeling telling tiger, by the way. Bless him.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was just telling my wife about him.

Crazee.

Miss him. He was a fun dude.

I hope you guys enjoyed your game day drinks as much as I did. I had two "worth mentioning" beers last night. Delirium Tremens, might be the best beer I've ever had. I'll have to try a few more just to be sure. 

Dragon's Milk Stout by New Holland Brewing was also fantastic. It was probably better than this year's KBS. 

Disclaimer: the double old fashioned I mixed prior to kickoff could've made everything taste better than it really was. 

15 hours ago, AuburnSoldier said:

I hope you guys enjoyed your game day drinks as much as I did. I had two "worth mentioning" beers last night. Delirium Tremens, might be the best beer I've ever had. I'll have to try a few more just to be sure. 

Dragon's Milk Stout by New Holland Brewing was also fantastic. It was probably better than this year's KBS. 

Disclaimer: the double old fashioned I mixed prior to kickoff could've made everything taste better than it really was. 

Those are both great beers, and probably underrated/overlooked because of their wide, year-round distribution. 

Sorry if already discussed on here, but if somebody sees Southern Tier Nu Skool IPA on a beer list and nothing else is standing out, then it is safe for your tropical IPA needs. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@Tiger Refuge... brother... I'm guessing that you are engaged with something dangerous right now or will be soon enough. Between Missoula, Oregon, Houston, Florida... Jesus Christ... stay safe.

Thanks a bunch brother. 

I am am currently at home. I have spent the week recovering from the last assignment. Right now, it looks like I'll be on the second wave to assist with hurricane recovery. 

I really feel bad for all the folks in harms way. Praying they are heeding the warnings.

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks a bunch brother. 

I am am currently at home. I have spent the week recovering from the last assignment. Right now, it looks like I'll be on the second wave to assist with hurricane recovery. 

I really feel bad for all the folks in harms way. Praying they are heeding the warnings.

Thanks for the checkin. Hope you can enjoy your time with your family and maybe even some AU football. Check back in as you can.

Had a new one last night, Death Wish IPA. Not bad. Although, a bit strange. I'm not sure I would have ever thought of adding super high caffeinated coffee to an IPA. But oddly enough, it wasn't bad,

As an aside, I choose to reside in this section of the forum for the remainder of the season. The amount of hyperbole being shoveled around on the football forum is too much for me to handle. I need rational talk smoothed out by alcohol and music.

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Had a new one last night, Death Wish IPA. Not bad. Although, a bit strange. I'm not sure I would have ever thought of adding super high caffeinated coffee to an IPA. But oddly enough, it wasn't bad,

As an aside, I choose to reside in this section of the forum for the remainder of the season. The amount of hyperbole being shoveled around on the football forum is too much for me to handle. I need rational talk smoothed out by alcohol and music.

Guilty.

I should either stay sober-ish going forward or maybe not watch the games.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Guilty.

I should either stay sober-ish going forward or maybe not watch the games.

Ha! It's all good man. I'd rather folks blow off steam here than go and do something rash like, oh, I don't know, poisoning something?.

It's frustrating for sure. When a team is this talented, yet looks so lost...well. To oversimplify, it is what it is I guess.

It's taken me a long time to realize that the coaches can't hear me through the TV. Either that or they are ignoring me...

Cheers.

On 9/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

this x100

too many new posters, too

22 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Some of us are easily offended.

Also starting to notice that any

levity is unappreciated on the main stage this week

First time in the new Mercedes Benz Dome here in ATL last night. (United won 7-0!) More craft beer options were promised, but I was unimpressed with what was available on the 200 level. There were a handful of Miller and ABI beer bars, and then numerous local restaurant stands with either a Monday Night beer or Terrapin Hopsecutioner and SW 420 on tap. Now, I was not *disappointed* in getting a 20 oz 420 for $9 (Hopsecutioner = too high grav for a 2+ hr sporting event on a Wednesday night), but a little more local variety would have been nice. I hope to explore more on Saturday when we go back, but it might be a little tougher getting around. A full 71k expected. Can't wait. It was LOUD in there last night even when only half the seats were filled. Talk about cavernous. 

Archived