Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooklyn is my favorite Oktoberfest so far this year. Full disclosure: haven't gotten my hands on an Ayinger yet this year.

Did a SN Narwhal vertical Saturday night. Every year going back to the first edition in 2012. Wifey and I agreed on each one. From best to furthest-from-best: 2014, 2017 (go get it now), 2012, 2015, 2016. 2012. 

Since Auburn had the bye, we had to do something to entertain ourselves. Can't wait to see our Tigers back on the gridiron! Those fake Tigers in Red Stick don't know what's comin'! 

*throws bottle against wall*
*starts sobbing*
*gets into cold shower fully clothed*

13 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Good People has purchased Avondale Brewing. Interdasting. 

Very! 

Good People is becoming almost standard on taps around Atlanta. I'm glad to see it. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very! 

Good People is becoming almost standard on taps around Atlanta. I'm glad to see it. 

Yeah they are growing quickly. I love their location next to the Barons stadium in Birmingham. Its a fun scene before games. 

14 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Good People has purchased Avondale Brewing. Interdasting. 

Quite familiar w./ Good People (and a fairly frequent user).

Avondale, not so much. Locally limited to B'ham?

25 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Avondale, not so much. Locally limited to B'ham?

Maybe not for long. I'm not a huge fan, but their sours have been getting way better lately. The sour room at the brewery was a good experience. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah they are growing quickly. I love their location next to the Barons stadium in Birmingham. Its a fun scene before games. 

Mentioned it before, but my wife and I had our reception there. Good times. 

large.FB_IMG_1508256723372.jpglarge.FB_IMG_1508256876411.jpglarge.FB_IMG_1508256966689.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Maybe not for long. I'm not a huge fan, but their sours have been getting way better lately. The sour room at the brewery was a good experience. 

Many thanks.

Think I'm learning that I'm not a great sour fan (or, maybe I'm a sour fan of sours?), but I'll keep an eye out. Should I watch the shelves or the taps?

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Many thanks.

Think I'm learning that I'm not a great sour fan (or, maybe I'm a sour fan of sours?), but I'll keep an eye out. Should I watch the shelves or the taps?

Both. Good People is everywhere and I expect Avondale will be soon as well. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Congratulations, Ben. You out-kicked your coverage! ;)

I never miss an opportunity to brag. 

When Good People posted about it on their FB, I noticed that quite a few people weren't fond of Avondale and had harsh words. 

Avondale actually gets some pretty decent music acts. Will be interesting to see how that evolves. 

34 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

When Good People posted about it on their FB, I noticed that quite a few people weren't fond of Avondale and had harsh words. 

Avondale actually gets some pretty decent music acts. Will be interesting to see how that evolves. 

This might be ridiculous, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were some football related animosity. Good People are Auburn folks, IIRC, and Avondale- Trunks up!- aggressively pull tide. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This might be ridiculous, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were some football related animosity. Good People are Auburn folks, IIRC, and Avondale- Trunks up!- aggressively pull tide. 

So that’s why my gut was telling me to avoid that beer when I was on the beach. Well played intuition...well played.

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wasn't aware of team affiliations, but that makes sense. I did see an elephant on their wall or something like that in one of their pictures. That alone would prevent me from drinking their products. 

I firmly stand behind my opinion that no business should be pro this team or that team. That's just bad business and alienates an entire portion of your potential customers. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I wasn't aware of team affiliations, but that makes sense. I did see an elephant on their wall or something like that in one of their pictures. That alone would prevent me from drinking their products. 

I firmly stand behind my opinion that no business should be pro this team or that team. That's just bad business and alienates an entire portion of your potential customers. 

Yeah, unless its just a dedicated bar where people come to watch games, or an apparel type business, etc. I agree. Even Baumhower was smart enough to split his restaurants 50/50 (that aren't in T-Town).

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, unless its just a dedicated bar where people come to watch games, or an apparel type business, etc. I agree. Even Baumhower was smart enough to split his restaurants 50/50 (that aren't in T-Town).

There's a small growler bar/store in the same neighborhood I live in that has a bama EZ Up out on the sidewalk on some days. I've never been in, nor do I intend to. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

There's a small growler bar/store in the same neighborhood I live in that has a bama EZ Up out on the sidewalk on some days. I've never been in, nor do I intend to. 

"I fart in your general direction!"

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Parish just released their coffee stout aged in Jameson barrels...hmmmm. 

Hmmm indeed. Don't see many brews aged in Irish whiskey barrels...I do know a lot of Irish whiskey companies source their barrels from bourbon purveyors iirc. 

I've tasted some really nice single malts Irish whiskeys lately and they've been straight fire. 

Speaking of Jameson though, buy a bottle of Black Barrel. It's damn fine. Tasted it next to Weller 12yr and Black Barrel wins hands down. 

Funeral has been over for a bit. We drove into Nashville for some pints at Craft Brewed(seriously check this place out). On my second Bearded Iris Epicenter, I also had a Perennial Fantastic Voyage stout with coconut. 

Both are pretty good. However, I'm finding Bearded Iris brews are all tasting somewhat the same.

IuVpHkX.jpg

Archived