Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Southern Juice underrated. Pink Lemonade overrated. Zombie Killer is... killer... IMO

Hearing big things about Bearded Iris. 

Pink Lemonade is awful. Just awful.

Ive got some in my fridge that anyone is welcome to come take off my hands. I'll leave it on ththe curb for you.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Pink Lemonade is awful. Just awful.

Ive got some in my fridge that anyone is welcome to come take off my hands. I'll leave it on ththe curb for you.

It was funny the other night. I have a buddy who works at my local pub. She knows the kinds of beer I like, so I can just ask her to bring me something cool (or if there's nothing new and cool, she'll bring me one of my standbys). One night she said, "We've got Evil Twin Pink Lemonade, people are freaking out about that." "Perfect." She brings it to me, I take a sip, I'm all, "Wow, that's really good, wanna taste?" She takes a sip. "Aw man, that IS good, it's like.... it's like..." And we look at each other for a second, and I'm like, "It's not actually that good, is it?" and she says, "Nah, not really."

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It was funny the other night. I have a buddy who works at my local pub. She knows the kinds of beer I like, so I can just ask her to bring me something cool (or if there's nothing new and cool, she'll bring me one of my standbys). One night she said, "We've got Evil Twin Pink Lemonade, people are freaking out about that." "Perfect." She brings it to me, I take a sip, I'm all, "Wow, that's really good, wanna taste?" She takes a sip. "Aw man, that IS good, it's like.... it's like..." And we look at each other for a second, and I'm like, "It's not actually that good, is it?" and she says, "Nah, not really."

Bahaha 

guy at beer store told me the same thing. I payed like $3.50 a can or something crazy. Can't give them away now. 

It's different, but it's so far over the top to be considered 1) An IPA 2) A beer 3) enjoyable

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Bahaha 

guy at beer store told me the same thing. I payed like $3.50 a can or something crazy. Can't give them away now. 

It's different, but it's so far over the top to be considered 1) An IPA 2) A beer 3) enjoyable

It's damn near a shandy.

55 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I liked the regular Lemonade IPA well enough. Didn't taste like an IPA, but it was super refreshing in the heat. 

You might like this one. It wasn't what I was expecting, which added to my disdain. Nice haul, though. I keep seeing Southern Juice around and haven't picked it up yet. 

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I really should've grabbed some stouts to offset all those IPAs. Ah well. We got in Backwoods Bastard this week, so that'll have to do for now. 

I think B.B. may be my favorite. I freaking love that beer, especially when its cold outside. 

Narwhal is freaking amazing. It’s hard to believe a beer can be that thick. Super toasty, roasty. 

This beer fro Great Raft has improved significantly over the years. On the nose, it smells like a nice cup of coffee. 

85071839-EF42-4CA2-947F-B807A7AAD2FD.jpeg

On 10/21/2017 at 9:06 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Narwhal is freaking amazing. It’s hard to believe a beer can be that thick. Super toasty, roasty. 

This beer fro Great Raft has improved significantly over the years. On the nose, it smells like a nice cup of coffee. 

85071839-EF42-4CA2-947F-B807A7AAD2FD.jpeg

If I did a top 10 favorite beers list, I imagine 3 of them might have coffee. LOVE a good coffee beer. And I have no doubt that Great Raft makes a damn good one.

Glad you liked Narwhal! "Toasty, roasty"- my thoughts, too. That's why I love it. Big alcohol without being sticky sweet. Sierra Nevada deserve every bit of recognition they get. 

Short notice, but worth a mention. Piggly Wiggly sponsoring the 4th Annual Wine and Craft Beer Showcase at Vestavia Country Club tomorrow night 6-9pm. Complimentary wine and craft beer with unlimited appetizers from local establishments all available for a $50 donation to a great cause. www.thedanielajlounyproject.com

Still awesome. That first Xocoveza of the season always hits the spot. 

large.IMG_20171101_174416531.jpg

17 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Still awesome. That first Xocoveza of the season always hits the spot. 

large.IMG_20171101_174416531.jpg

Dude, get out on the porch to drink that. :beer2:

Archived