• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I am.

Good. In its rightful place. :yes:

On 11/1/2017 at 6:24 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Good. In its rightful place. :yes:

Bought some today. My 2nd attempt. My palate just can't do it. Send me your address and I'll leave it on your porch. ;D

I did pick up more Backwoods and loving it. Of course I could not help it and purchased more Born Yesterday and Devil's Harvest. Can't get enough. Also tried Bell's Porter. Not as good as Founder's Porter IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Goodness gracious.

80C24BB4-AA9A-4A0B-ABAA-6651229CC208.jpeg

FF0371A1-E35B-4E15-B73F-E97F16B6C8BE.jpeg

Ah, bourbon. I still have a bottle of Elijah laying around somewhere. Gets used in my wife's cooking more than anything else. Don't nip on it too much.

Bourbon season is upon us for sure. 

My store got our own barrel of Weller 107 Antique, about 150 bottles. We sold out in less than 24 hours. 

We’re doing a raffle for most of the allocated stuff. We’ve got some special Michter’s, Weller 12, Elijah Craig 18, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, Some special Booker’s so far—much more to come. It’s a pain in the ass though, people calling every single day looking for this stuff. 

We also currently have our store barrels of Eagle Rare(4th), Blanton’s(2nd), and Buffalo Trace(51 and 52). Elijah Craig(1st) and Four Roses(1st) on the way. 

BUT what I’m most excited about is our 1792 store single barrel coming. It’s going to be picked out by Buffalo Trace Master Distiller, Harlan Wheatley. So you know it’s going to be good. 

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

8MxYy19.jpg

hF1c0CH.jpg

Really enjoyed both of these. 

Still have not experimented with ciders too much. 

On 11/5/2017 at 6:54 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bourbon season is upon us for sure. 

My store got our own barrel of Weller 107 Antique, about 150 bottles. We sold out in less than 24 hours. 

We’re doing a raffle for most of the allocated stuff. We’ve got some special Michter’s, Weller 12, Elijah Craig 18, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, Some special Booker’s so far—much more to come. It’s a pain in the ass though, people calling every single day looking for this stuff. 

We also currently have our store barrels of Eagle Rare(4th), Blanton’s(2nd), and Buffalo Trace(51 and 52). Elijah Craig(1st) and Four Roses(1st) on the way. 

BUT what I’m most excited about is our 1792 store single barrel coming. It’s going to be picked out by Buffalo Trace Master Distiller, Harlan Wheatley. So you know it’s going to be good. 

The best bourbon I've ever had was an OFBB from a couple years ago. Last year's, unfortunately, did not come close. 

Blanton's is my favorite of the regularly available, high dollar bourbons.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:37 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

@ShocksMyBrain I really need to do some research on bourbon. Apparently, it’s pretty complicated?

My 2 cents... Look to spend more than $25 and less than $30 on a bottle and you can get something awesome. There seem to be a few really great ones in that range.

6 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

It's a shame hair of the dog works so well. 

As recently as this a.m., 

I actually was appreciative.

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Just seeing this. Talk to me about this OF Statesman??

So, I’m just really beginning to stretch my bourbon legs. 

That said, this is a really nice, smooth bourbon. Very very easy to sip. Maybe too easy. Had a nice finish, not too sweet. Just a bit of sweet/caramel. A bit of light toastyness maybe? I’ll have another report tomorrow.

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Just seeing this. Talk to me about this OF Statesman??

So, I’m finally getting a side by side comparison. I found a bottle of Weller(my first). The amazing difference between it and the Statesmen is the depth of flavor.  It’s gonna take me a while to figure out the flavors...?

D1AC03AB-142F-40C6-A09F-17A6026A6D6E.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So, I’m finally getting a side by side comparison. I found a bottle of Weller(my first). The amazing difference between it and the Statesmen is the depth of flavor.  It’s gonna take me a while to figure out the flavors...?

Somebody has to do the dirty work.

Found my new go-to package store in Savannah. Cheap, large selection, friendly, clean. They don't upcharge on Sazerac Rye like they do in Atlanta. Drinking 1792 right now for the first time. Good. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Somebody has to do the dirty work.

Found my new go-to package store in Savannah. Cheap, large selection, friendly, clean. They don't upcharge on Sazerac Rye like they do in Atlanta. Drinking 1792 right now for the first time. Good. 

Dude.(warmth)

ETA- Well that post looked a bit awkward.?

I decided to bust out my last bottle of OMJ. This is my absolute favorite beer. The new release party is on Black Friday. I’m game. 

BBC9F45C-B959-46D2-9A31-3F512E80CBE8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Wait til you try Weller 107 Antique. 

We got in some more of our Buffalo Trace allotment today. 5 cases of George T Stagg, 4 of Sazerac, 3 William Larue Weller 17(we bought this last year and it’s probably the best bourbon I’ve ever had), and 1 bottle of Eagle Rare 17. Apparently the ER is the “unicorn” this year, something like 1,200 bottles available and the barrels were at 90% evaporation! Still waiting on Pappy and more of the Antique Collection.

Continuing on the bourbon front, we got in another bottle of Whistle Pig Boss Hog that retailed at $350 earlier this year. This time the price went up to $600...and it still sold within 2 hours of putting it on the shelf. Dude that bought it wound up spending $1,200 total on bourbon. Crazy folks with crazy money.

Qw6HfiJ.jpg

We got in our barrel of Four Roses Single Barrel this week also, and it’s fantastic. 35% rye, big spice. 

Archived