Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thanksgiving, fam. Irish coffee played the role of dog hair this morning. Bro in law bringing over some fancy beers later. One of them is a cognac aged Big Bad Baptist, I believe. I'll report back.

Own the day, friends.

Kane Mexican Brunch (good), Mexican Biscotti (ok), Jekyll 400 (good to very good), Bruery French toast (meh), 2012 BCBS (duh), Full Sail oatmeal IPA (old school), evil twin lost souls (I think? Good), Bruery ba scotch ale (forgot the name, good)... Feeling rather bloated.

2015 FW Sucaba down. It’s quite good. Barrel is subdued. 

Currently drinking a Prairie Bomb from a couple years ago. Don’t get much coffee, but the cacao and chilli peppers are still shining through. I’m impressed with how it’s stood up. 

@McLoofus So I’ve had a bit more experimental time with these bourbons. Compared to the Weller(s),The Old Forester definitely had a bit of spiciness to it.  I really like it with a nice ice cube. Great flavor that I’m still trying to figure out. Definitely tasted vanilla, toasted oak, perhaps a bit of licorice. 

The Weller Reserve and Antique? Mixed together!? Forget about it!!! 

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofus So I’ve had a bit more experimental time with these bourbons. Compared to the Weller(s),The Old Forester definitely had a bit of spiciness to it.  I really like it with a nice ice cube. Great flavor that I’m still trying to figure out. Definitely tasted vanilla, toasted oak, perhaps a bit of licorice. 

The Weller Reserve and Antique? Mixed together!? Forget about it!!! 

There’s also this, Poor Man’s Pappy:

https://gearpatrol.com/2014/03/28/how-to-make-poor-mans-pappy-van-winkle/

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

tumblr_oliwkgMdRy1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Really wish I lived within walking distance of a Waffle House or some other greasy spoon right about now. 

15 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Those look delicious. And I love that teku glass. 

Agreed.

I had one of their GITM teku glasses in hand when I was down there. As the brewery closed, dude shut the machine down before I could pay...so I had to leave it on the counter.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, McLoofus said:

Elijah Craig 18 year... omg

The barrel proof... clocking in at almost 140... omg... for different reasons. (Actually still quite good.)

My latest two additions. The EC 18 sits heavy on your tongue like honey. A lot of oak, and very, very smooth. 

Still haven't opened up the Stagg. Likely won't for some time. I've had it once before. Once you get past the initial sting of the 64.6% abv, it's something else. 

@Tiger Refuge I bought my dad a bottle of that Antique Weller. Was hoping for the 12 year, but they had just sold out. Hoping to try it soon. 

20171129_181349.jpg

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

My latest two additions. The EC 18 sits heavy on your tongue like honey. A lot of oak, and very, very smooth. 

Still haven't opened up the Stagg. Likely won't for some time. I've had it once before. Once you get past the initial sting of the 64.6% abv, it's something else. 

@Tiger Refuge I bought my dad a bottle of that Antique Weller. Was hoping for the 12 year, but they had just sold out. Hoping to try it soon. 

20171129_181349.jpg

It’s my favorite right now for sure. It benefits me right now to have a couple of different bourbons side by side, you know, for tasting comparison and sciencey stuff.

ETA- Those two sounds fantastic. 64%?! That’s some heat.

Archived