Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

22 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s my favorite right now for sure. It benefits me right now to have a couple of different bourbons side by side, you know, for tasting comparison and sciencey stuff.

ETA- Those two sounds fantastic. 64%?! That’s some heat.

That's exactly right. It's research!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We should be getting some CBS on Tuesday. Knock on wood. 

I was able to procure 10 bottles of BCBS from my store, so I’ll have those for quite a while. 

I’m jealous. We get no Founders here, and just a handful of BCBS. Just enough to make me pay more than I should. 

0633800F-49AE-40ED-AF70-9AB39C117195.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m jealous. We get no Founders here, and just a handful of BCBS. Just enough to make me pay more than I should. 

We could always set up a trade...

And I’m totally guilty of talking s*** about ABI...but BCBS is so damn good 100% of the time. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We could always set up a trade...

And I’m totally guilty of talking s*** about ABI...but BCBS is so damn good 100% of the time. 

Sounds good to me. Lemme see what I can garner that’s worth a trade.

And ditto on the smack talk.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sounds good to me. Lemme see what I can garner that’s worth a trade.

And ditto on the smack talk.

Track down some of those new Parish brews...

We don’t have to do anything right away. The 9 remaining BCBS aren’t going anywhere soon. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m on it.

I’m surprised you don’t get Founders. They get it in NOLA. 

But then again, the Eastern side of TN has almost an entirely different catalog of breweries to choose from than Memphis. 

7 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

EVERYONE pays too much for BCBS. And I totally did the other night bc, as @ShocksMyBrain said, it's a beer that is good enough to contradict yourself for.

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wasn’t too crazy about this. It tasted fine, but had a bitter chocolate finish, which I’m not fond of in any aspect of food or drink. My wife enjoyed it thoroughly. 

eyh81Wo.jpg

I've never found the Moohoo variants to be anything other than fine. 

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m surprised you don’t get Founders. They get it in NOLA. 

But then again, the Eastern side of TN has almost an entirely different catalog of breweries to choose from than Memphis. 

Unfortunately for me, my area is one of the worst in the state for craft beer sales. It’s around 3%. So we don’t get some of the cool stuff that South LA gets. Hell, we have had a hard time getting some of Great Raft’s stuff and they are an hour away. They ship it all to NOLA and Dallas.

*hiccup* hey everybody I hope you're all having a great Saturday War Damn Eagle i hate georgia so very very much but I love Sazerac Rye ok let's goooooo Clemson oh dear that's where I'm at now I guess okay bye *hiccup*

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

8 lbs of Citra per barrel? Uhhhh....

E772B3BA-71BD-4A03-B51F-D898FA787528.jpeg

Just hand over the beer and nobody needs to get hurt. 

Look, I'm not going to beg.

Please? Can I please have it??

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because why not?

mAvW750.jpg

YUM! This reminds me, local bottle shop has the 2017's in... do I really need to spend $30/bottle on this? Decisions, decisions. The 2015 was excellent, never got a hold of 2016.

1 minute ago, Planner4Hire said:

YUM! This reminds me, local bottle shop has the 2017's in... do I really need to spend $30/bottle on this? Decisions, decisions. The 2015 was excellent, never got a hold of 2016.

$30 a bottle? That’s some serious gouging. 100% markup. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Which shop was it you went to that wanted 18 for a 12oz KBS?

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ya, this state takes craft beer a little too far in my opinion. Local bombers of the annual stout from the predominate in-town brewery go for $15. $20/bomber for their BBA that is released a few months later. It's good, but not $20/bomber good. 

Problem is, they only release so many kegs (typically $8/12oz) and NO growler fills. Very annoying.

4 minutes ago, Planner4Hire said:

Ya, this state takes craft beer a little too far in my opinion. Local bombers of the annual stout from the predominate in-town brewery go for $15. $20/bomber for their BBA that is released a few months later. It's good, but not $20/bomber good. 

Problem is, they only release so many kegs (typically $8/12oz) and NO growler fills. Very annoying.

What state are you in?

1 hour ago, Planner4Hire said:

Oh gosh no. Absolutely not. No no no no no. If your local prices are that bad, you might be better off trading or making quarterly runs to the next state over. 

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What state are you in?

North Carolina.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh gosh no. Absolutely not. No no no no no. If your local prices are that bad, you might be better off trading or making quarterly runs to the next state over. 

I most likely won't. I bought two of the 2015 BCBA, only drank one during a beach trip with friends. Other is sitting in my fridge with all of the Foothills - Sexual Chocolate releases the past few years.

BTW, not my favorite beer, but Sexual Chocolate is pretty good, especially the BBA.

Archived