Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I hate Finescum. I happened to listen today because I was off work. He said today he really hasn't followed the Foley situation but as soon as the Robinson story breaks he's all over it.

finebaum_alabama.jpg

it's always convenient that when something comes out about the updykes cheating that there immediately follows something on AU ~ the REC dollars hard at work.

:banghead:

That usually happens.

The odd thing about this is that some old hillbilly fool "TennStud" started throwing these rocks.

My friend who gives me info just told me our compliance has been all over this for a while. Nothing will happen to Auburn but J-Rob may have eligibility issues. Also said the car and money coming from Auburn was completely made up by Adams.

it's always convenient that when something comes out about the updykes cheating that there immediately follows something on AU ~ the REC dollars hard at work.

:banghead:

It has always been that way- they try to put the NCAA on the scent of other game.

Mistakes like this happen and you don't punish the student:

"Bishop said he and Hoover Superintendent Andy Craig decided not to make a formal correction on the second transcript because Hoover made the mistake. The NCAA Clearinghouse used that version to determine Chapman's eligibility for this season.

Craig declined to discuss individual cases but said "if an error was made on a grade/transcript in favor of the student, as a general rule, I don't think we would punish the student for a mistake that we made.""

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-08-23-hoover_N.htm

My friend who gives me info just told me our compliance has been all over this for a while. Nothing will happen to Auburn but J-Rob may have eligibility issues. Also said the car and money coming from Auburn was completely made up by Adams.

Old fart needs to keep his crap up there with that bunch of hillbilly's and worry about Dooooley and his dang Vols.

Mistakes like this happen and you don't punish the student:

"Bishop said he and Hoover Superintendent Andy Craig decided not to make a formal correction on the second transcript because Hoover made the mistake. The NCAA Clearinghouse used that version to determine Chapman's eligibility for this season.

Craig declined to discuss individual cases but said "if an error was made on a grade/transcript in favor of the student, as a general rule, I don't think we would punish the student for a mistake that we made.""

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-08-23-hoover_N.htm

Good!  Jovon won't be punished then - he should be eligible to play! :aufb:

Old fart needs to keep his crap up there with that bunch of hillbilly's and worry about Dooooley and his dang Vols.

If Robinson is ineligible because his grades were changed by someone at his high school, why would not Josh Chapman be declared ineligible for his entire playing career at bama and bama forced to vacate every game he played in?

I accidentally ended up over at AL dot com and scrolled down to the comments after the Javon article.  Ewww...now I remember why I never go there anymore.  Too many stinky turds talking trash over nothing.  There needs to be a flushing over there.

:zapbama:

If Robinson is ineligible because his grades were changed by someone at his high school, why would not Josh Chapman be declared ineligible for his entire playing career at bama and bama forced to vacate every game he played in?

the precident has been set - chapman played with fake grades - jovon should be good to go

the precident has been set - chapman played with fake grades - jovon should be good to go

I know I am the one that linked the article, but there is, or could be one big difference. In Chapman's case the high school involved kissed bama's azz and went along with and even sort of justified the grade change... it doesn't sound like that will happen with the Memphis folks since they are throwing around the 'fraudulent' term.

That's kind of what I had concluded. 

Nice job there, E.  Thanks for the info.

The reporter (I think) who broke the story was just on Finescum and said Robinson was seen driving around in a $30,000 car.  Take it for what it's worth, I hope to God this is BS or at the least AU isn't involved.

Let's refer to him as a blogger. That's more appropriate and being gracious.

I am really sick of all this negative press we keep getting.... I really don't think AU did anything shady but we are having way to many of these kinda happenings.

On the positive side the last time this kind of stuff got rolling we won the national championship!  :we:

An "a" instead of an "o"....

JOVON..

WHHHHHYYYYY

That's why I call him J-Rob. I always misspell his name.

Archived