Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

Well let the Bammers flood the radio call in shows and bray about how Auburn is cheating again. They are all so dead set on that Trooper Taylor cheats and talk about his past...last time I checked Trooper hasn't been named by the NCAA as being complicit in any cheating scandal. When will the media shift their attention to the crap that is going on at Foley?

To answer your question, never. Not as long as the REC controls the media. Ask J Lee what happened last year when he was hot and heavy in the middle of the TTown Menswear scandal that died suddenly.

Care to elaborate?

I agree. Enquiring minds would like to know.

Nope. I eat salads occasionally and I do have stairs in my house.

I spit my drink out a4e. I totally understand what you are saying sir!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could he not go to a prep school for one year? I never have figured out why some have to go JUCO and some go prep school for a year.

He would have to pay for prep school out of his own pocket; they don't do scholarships like JUCO.

I think the difference is how much high school eligibility he has left. Prep school counts against high school and not college. If he has some left, he can go to prep and they do have scholarships.

Well let the Bammers flood the radio call in shows and bray about how Auburn is cheating again. They are all so dead set on that Trooper Taylor cheats and talk about his past...last time I checked Trooper hasn't been named by the NCAA as being complicit in any cheating scandal. When will the media shift their attention to the crap that is going on at Foley?

To answer your question, never. Not as long as the REC controls the media. Ask J Lee what happened last year when he was hot and heavy in the middle of the TTown Menswear scandal that died suddenly.

Can you give a little more indepth response? I remember J Lee was all into the Peaches/Calloway story but not TTown Tom and his sports memorabilia outlet.

Could he not go to a prep school for one year? I never have figured out why some have to go JUCO and some go prep school for a year.

He would have to pay for prep school out of his own pocket; they don't do scholarships like JUCO.

Prep schools don't count against your eligibilty. JUCO's do count against it. That's why I am hoping he can go the prep school route.

I think the difference is how much high school eligibility he has left. Prep school counts against high school and not college. If he has some left, he can go to prep and they do have scholarships.

I just don't see how high school eligibility has anything to do with it. Please explain. BTW, The TSSAA (Tennessee Athletics) only allows 8 semesters, or 4 years of football eligibility beginning in the 9th grade.

In regards to academics, a student athlete may only earn 1 of the 16 required core class credits at a prep school per NCAA rules. From all accounts, JR only needs one more credit.

I do know that some prep schools up North offer either full or partial grants to their athletes, but the quote below led me to believe that Robinson would have to pay his own way. I couldn't find anything on the NCAA website concerning this issue. :gofig: Anyone else know anything concrete?

He could also go to prep school, which unlike junior college does not grant scholarships.
from O-A News article by Ryan Wood

Jovon Robinson needs to do whatever is best for himself. Good luck to you JR, hope things work out for you. If it works out that Auburn is the best place for you, that would be great, otherwise do whatever is best for you. It truly does not matter what us Auburn fans think is best for you, b.c. we have no clue what you want. I do know one thing....wherever you go, I wish you the upmost success, which should not be that hard for you to achieve. War Eagle!!

Prep schools certainly do offer scholarships. Onterio McCalebb anyone? If all Robinson needs is the one course where the grade was changed, he could go that route and return to AU next year in time for summer workouts.

I just don't see how high school eligibility has anything to do with it. Please explain. BTW, The TSSAA (Tennessee Athletics) only allows 8 semesters, or 4 years of football eligibility beginning in the 9th grade.

In regards to academics, a student athlete may only earn 1 of the 16 required core class credits at a prep school per NCAA rules. From all accounts, JR only needs one more credit.

I do know that some prep schools up North offer either full or partial grants to their athletes, but the quote below led me to believe that Robinson would have to pay his own way. I couldn't find anything on the NCAA website concerning this issue. :gofig: Anyone else know anything concrete?

He could also go to prep school, which unlike junior college does not grant scholarships.
from O-A News article by Ryan Wood

High school eligibilty has nothing to do with whether he goes Prep School or JUCO route. I think that Grayeson may have meant how much high school work needs to be made up. If he only needs one credit then Prep School is the way to go. If he needs more than one credit then, unfortunately, JUCO may be his best option.

What will this mean down the road? will Jovon has to go to a junior college and we'll have to recruiting him all over again in a year or 2?

Blakely being on campus and elgible is huge right now. Could possible be a depth issue for us if injuries pop up. Current recruiting changes for this year. Hate it for this young man but who knows what AU needs will be in 2 years. We my sign up to 4/5 running backs before he is elgible again.

I guess my question is will we have re-sign Jovon in 2013? that's great if we can get him back in a year from now.

The answer is yes, if he's not enrolled in school at AU on October 1st he'll have to re-sign. That's not happening unless the NCAA changes it's position by August 22, the last day to enroll in class for Fall term at Auburn.

I'm just glad Auburn didn't have anything to do with it.

not according to roy adams. he sounded like a half asz danny sheridan on finebum. also said that we bought him a dodge charger.

I'm just glad Auburn didn't have anything to do with it.

not according to roy adams. he sounded like a half asz danny sheridan on finebum. also said that we bought him a dodge charger.

That dude is just a butthurt, uninformed schmuck. May God have mercy on his soul.

Roy needs to lay off the Jack Daniels

It's reasonable to think that we wouldn't get everyone to qualify and get in school. It just stinks that it happened like this.

I would think Jovon could if he only needed 1 credit. Others have gone to a prep school and later their back with their team.

Archived