Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

Wonder how long it will take before the NCAA clears us of any wrong doing.

They won't clear us of anything, we have not been charged with anything. That's the last we'll hear from the NCAA on the matter unless they can prove that some Auburn person was involved in the grade changing.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how long it will take before the NCAA clears us of any wrong doing.

They won't clear us of anything, we have not been charged with anything. That's the last we'll hear from the NCAA on the matter unless they can prove that some Auburn person was involved in the grade changing.

From everything I have read, we haven't been implicated in any way with this situation. Well, every gump on the planet claims we were, but who cares what a gump thinks about anything?

This (grade change) apparently was not a recent event. I heard it was done two years ago so that he was eligible to play High School ball. That was longe before Auburn was in the picture.

This (grade change) apparently was not a recent event. I heard it was done two years ago so that he was eligible to play High School ball. That was longe before Auburn was in the picture.

ahhh...Thanks a4e. I had not heard that.

Maybe it's been explained somewhere but I'm wanting to know exactly what was changed. All I know is something on his transcript was changed. Has the person who did it said how many grades were changed. That's a key question as to what Robinson has to do in order to be able to enroll at Auburn or any other school for that matter.

By the process of deduction, Phillip Marshall figured out that the guidance counselor was Yvette Lynch. She's no longer at the school while the other 2 counselors are still there. Apparently, the conspiracy theorists want to also link the soccer coach at Wooddale High School, Rhonda Wilkinson. My guess is she must have earned her degree at Auburn, though I have no idea about that. She is still listed on their website as the head coach and as a PE teacher, so I'm assuming it's wishful thinking that she's somehow connected to the scandal.

There are rumors that anywhere between 1 and 7 grades were changed, but I have no inside information. Apparently, Roy Adams is supposed to "leak" more information in the near future on his favorite website, but I also don't know what that means.

As long as those in the know feel comfortable that this will not be an issue, I'm not concerned. I learned that lesson 2 years ago.

Maybe it's been explained somewhere but I'm wanting to know exactly what was changed. All I know is something on his transcript was changed. Has the person who did it said how many grades were changed. That's a key question as to what Robinson has to do in order to be able to enroll at Auburn or any other school for that matter.

I don't think the actual info on which grade was changed for which subject will ever be released -- privacy concerns & all.

If he's ineligible to enroll at AU, does that mean he hasn't yet graduated from HS?

I don't think the actual info on which grade was changed for which subject will ever be released -- privacy concerns & all.

If he's ineligible to enroll at AU, does that mean he hasn't yet graduated from HS?

You are right.

what forum on here that is similiar to the media/child boards from ae? scarb just rit a piece on this that will have the gumps aroused.

what forum on here that is similiar to the media/child boards from ae? scarb just rit a piece on this that will have the gumps aroused.

+

I read it. Just leave it there. It will just tinkle us off.

+

I read it. Just leave it there. It will just tinkle us off.

you're right.

By the process of deduction, Phillip Marshall figured out that the guidance counselor was Yvette Lynch. She's no longer at the school while the other 2 counselors are still there. Apparently, the conspiracy theorists want to also link the soccer coach at Wooddale High School, Rhonda Wilkinson. My guess is she must have earned her degree at Auburn, though I have no idea about that. She is still listed on their website as the head coach and as a PE teacher, so I'm assuming it's wishful thinking that she's somehow connected to the scandal.

There are rumors that anywhere between 1 and 7 grades were changed, but I have no inside information. Apparently, Roy Adams is supposed to "leak" more information in the near future on his favorite website, but I also don't know what that means.

As long as those in the know feel comfortable that this will not be an issue, I'm not concerned. I learned that lesson 2 years ago.

Sounds like multiple grades were changed for JR?

Well, I must say JR and his parents HAD to know something was weird if he had multiple grades changed for him. I mean, I have an 11th grader this year, I know exactly what her grades, GPA and most rent ACT score are - I'd dang sure know if someone at her school changed one or more of her grades.

Well, I must say JR and his parents HAD to know something was weird if he had multiple grades changed for him. I mean, I have an 11th grader this year, I know exactly what her grades, GPA and most rent ACT score are - I'd dang sure know if someone at her school changed one or more of her grades.

That is, unless they had been changed before you ever saw them...

I suppose that could happen. But the "teacher" usually gives out the individual grades for each class. I think I'd know if my kid received a C from the teacher and then the guidance couselor changed it to an B.............

I'm sure there are all types of possibilities when things like this occur.

I suppose that could happen. But the "teacher" usually gives out the individual grades for each class. I think I'd know if my kid received a C from the teacher and then the guidance couselor changed it to an B.............

I'm not a parent, so I can't speak as such or as to how things work now. When I was in school, the only grade anyone saw was the one that came in the mail and had already been through all of the school processes. It was actually a big deal waiting for grades to arrive so you could see how you did.

As far as how grades work, it might depend on the school district. My sister, gets updated information throughout the year on her daughters academic situation, can see all grades on assignments etc.

Also, someone help me with this, I thought there were questions on him qualifying during the recruiting process, then he qualified no problem, i could be confusing him with someone else.

Again, these are rumors that are out there, and I have no earthly idea who actually knows what about the situation. I just took a stab at tracking down information via the rumor mill. My guess is that we wouldn't have been holding out hope like we were for NCAA to clear him if it was several grades.

In reality the remaining issues are : 1)Why was his grades altered?( I suspect this was to keep him eligible to play HS ball at the point it was done) 2. How many grades were changed? - If more than one than all likely hood he will be going to Juco route. 3)Did anyone outside the school system pressure to have his grades changed?

Hopefully , if its only one class he can go to Hargrave or somewhere similar retake that test, and make a passing score. HIS qualifying scores are already good enough- so that's a least something to build on.

I'm not a parent, so I can't speak as such or as to how things work now. When I was in school, the only grade anyone saw was the one that came in the mail and had already been through all of the school processes. It was actually a big deal waiting for grades to arrive so you could see how you did.

Dang, you must be as old as me!

Archived