Jovon Robinson

marshallcotiger

Well the fact that ESPN was really quick to write a piece about it when there were rumors a grade was changed and made it sound like someone from Auburn was involved. However I have yet to see anything posted on their website about it at all. Which tells me no one from Auburn was involved and there for is really not front page news since he was an incoming freshman. This by no way means I think he wasn't going to contribute this year just since nothing to slander Auburn means no story for them.

Big question that they leave you hanging on and allow everyone to speculate is who asked for the grade change? I mean the way it sounded when it came out was either someone from Auburn asked for it to be changed or the consouler just changed it on their own. Which we all know what people are going to believe. I mean when crap like this comes out why can't someone do their job and asked "well who asked you to do that?". I guess if they did then there would be nothing for people like Fbaum to talk about.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothetical question to anyone who knows: What if AU did have something to do with his grade changing,and Jovon never makes it back on the team,can we still be sanctioned by the NCAA?

By the process of deduction, Phillip Marshall figured out that the guidance counselor was Yvette Lynch. She's no longer at the school while the other 2 counselors are still there. Apparently, the conspiracy theorists want to also link the soccer coach at Wooddale High School, Rhonda Wilkinson. My guess is she must have earned her degree at Auburn, though I have no idea about that. She is still listed on their website as the head coach and as a PE teacher, so I'm assuming it's wishful thinking that she's somehow connected to the scandal.

There are rumors that anywhere between 1 and 7 grades were changed, but I have no inside information. Apparently, Roy Adams is supposed to "leak" more information in the near future on his favorite website, but I also don't know what that means.

As long as those in the know feel comfortable that this will not be an issue, I'm not concerned. I learned that lesson 2 years ago.

Sounds like multiple grades were changed for JR?

Well, I must say JR and his parents HAD to know something was weird if he had multiple grades changed for him. I mean, I have an 11th grader this year, I know exactly what her grades, GPA and most rent ACT score are - I'd dang sure know if someone at her school changed one or more of her grades.

That is, unless they had been changed before you ever saw them...

I suppose that could happen. But the "teacher" usually gives out the individual grades for each class. I think I'd know if my kid received a C from the teacher and then the guidance couselor changed it to an B.............

I'm sure there are all types of possibilities when things like this occur.

I'm not a parent, so I can't speak as such or as to how things work now. When I was in school, the only grade anyone saw was the one that came in the mail and had already been through all of the school processes. It was actually a big deal waiting for grades to arrive so you could see how you did.

Dang, you must be as old as me!

It's entirely possible... class of '97 (after 2 majors)

Hypothetical question to anyone who knows: What if AU did have something to do with his grade changing,and Jovon never makes it back on the team,can we still be sanctioned by the NCAA?

You can count on the fact that, if there is proof out there that AU staff was aware of grades being changed to get a player eligible, Emmert will make sure the hammer is dropped and dropped hard.

By the process of deduction, Phillip Marshall figured out that the guidance counselor was Yvette Lynch. She's no longer at the school while the other 2 counselors are still there. Apparently, the conspiracy theorists want to also link the soccer coach at Wooddale High School, Rhonda Wilkinson. My guess is she must have earned her degree at Auburn, though I have no idea about that. She is still listed on their website as the head coach and as a PE teacher, so I'm assuming it's wishful thinking that she's somehow connected to the scandal.

There are rumors that anywhere between 1 and 7 grades were changed, but I have no inside information. Apparently, Roy Adams is supposed to "leak" more information in the near future on his favorite website, but I also don't know what that means.

As long as those in the know feel comfortable that this will not be an issue, I'm not concerned. I learned that lesson 2 years ago.

Well, I must say JR and his parents HAD to know something was weird if he had multiple grades changed for him. I mean, I have an 11th grader this year, I know exactly what her grades, GPA and most rent ACT score are - I'd dang sure know if someone at her school changed one or more of her grades.

I suppose that could happen. But the "teacher" usually gives out the individual grades for each class. I think I'd know if my kid received a C from the teacher and then the guidance couselor changed it to an B.............

I'm not a parent, so I can't speak as such or as to how things work now. When I was in school, the only grade anyone saw was the one that came in the mail and had already been through all of the school processes. It was actually a big deal waiting for grades to arrive so you could see how you did.

Not even close. I was at Auburn from 75-77.

kids :sleeping:

Sure he will. Emmert and Saban are good friends. If I recall correctly, it was Emmert who had a lot to do with LSU hiring little nicky.

Hey, we were classmates. I was at Auburn from 75-81, Great times.

Hey, we were classmates. I was at Auburn from 75-81, Great times.

I hear ya man, the seven year plan. :laugh: I got you beat though. I finished in 84, but not at Auburn. You are correct, great times, although the football wasn't so good.

if it helps, most days i feel old...

I hope we continue to not being implicated in grade fixing for Jovon at that high school in Memphis. You know something? it's seems like the in Memphis high schools are playing in the dirt. UAT got in trouble with Albert Means, and now one of our signees in is being looked like by big brother. Maybe we need to stay far away from Mephis and go back to Brentwood and Nashville.

Sure he will. Emmert and Saban are good friends. If I recall correctly, it was Emmert who had a lot to do with LSU hiring little nicky.

Spot on! Emmert has even said as much in recent months.

What was the final outcome on where JR will go from here? JUCO? Prep?

Not sure it has been decided yet but it may be a year instead of a semester.

SIAP but what was decided about Robinson's future? Is he headed to Juco or prep school or where?

Last I read was prep school, then try to enroll next spring.

Has not decided what Prep school but he is likely not able to return til next fall now.

SIAP but what was decided about Robinson's future? Is he headed to Juco or prep school or where?

Has not decided what Prep school but he is likely not able to return til next fall now.

So then he is planning to do prep school rather than JUCO? That's good, because it'll save him a year of eligibility. Course, I do wonder what it might do to his status at Auburn, being that we already appear set to take two running backs in this year's class, but :dunno:

So then he is planning to do prep school rather than JUCO? That's good, because it'll save him a year of eligibility. Course, I do wonder what it might do to his status at Auburn, being that we already appear set to take two running backs in this year's class, but :dunno:

Good question and to clarify it will save him 2 years of eligibiliy. Eligibility clock does not run at all for Prep kids. He will still have 5 to play 4.

I guess I am still confused about what went on with this kid and the guidance counselor's decision to change his grades. One poster on another thread suggested that the counselor basically just liked the kid and wanted to make sure he got into AU. Why would a guidance counselor jeopordize their job and maybe even their career just to help out one student, even if he was a good kid--and I don't doubt JR is a good kid. Were there other students that this person helped out by changing their grades to make sure they got into college or got a good job? Who knows....

Based on his transcript, the decision of JUCO or Prep school can be made. All indications are that Prep School will be his future so that he will have 5 years at Auburn to complete 4. Decision should come very soon.

Archived