Best Case Scenario

PCBAuburnaFan

AUIH1.....a month ago, would you have ever thought that an AU win against Ole Miss or Vandy would be an "upset"? This is how far we have fallen. :(

The best case scenario is worse than the worst case scenario I had imagined prior to the season.

Here is our record over the last 9 games: 3-6 with wins over Samford, Virginia (who was just hammered by Duke 42-17) and ULM in OT.

This could get uglier than 2008 and that was the worst team (by season's end) I had seen in Auburn in decades. They would be a 2 TD favorite over this squad.

Bamma? watch me.... look at this... Im not goofin off. we win this one... I dunno.. somethin I dunno..put your money on it some how .... I just feel it...

I have the same feeling... Well be so pissed and they so much to lose. Im sure some of our players remember last year too.

I honestly can't read any of these posts that say we may go 6-6 and go to a bowl. I read two of those and got a nose bleed and woke up two hours later. I really believe you are living in a dream world, a drug-induced Jim Morrison playland of winged gypsies and villains from Disney movies. How can you possibly think any sort of positive outcome to this season is possible?

AUIH1.....a month ago, would you have ever thought that an AU win against Ole Miss or Vandy would be an "upset"? This is how far we have fallen. :(

I know. Sad.

wde

President Gogue and Bd. meet and decide to evaluate the role they want for AU Athletics and hire an outside firm as their advisors.

Develop a plan that stresses need for AU athletics to reflect the highest standards of the university and to provide a positive revenue stream.

Evaluate our present infrastructure and staff as to their ability to support that mission.

Where deficiencies are identified, evaluate best course of action and costs to do so.

Direct univeristy lawyers and accountants to evalutate costs of those changes.

Begin, thru the outside consultants, back door negotiations with influential friends of the university, architects, structural engineers , lawyers,

and agents to implement that plan.

Once costs are estimated, implement a step by step procedure to upgrade both bricks and mortar and personnel.

Inform present staff that should find other employment and hire new people that can get the job done.

Executive summary: Get rid of the deadwood that can't perform and replace them with people who can.

Have we determined/seen any evidence that the season is costing us recruits yet?

See the last page of the Arkansas game visitors thread.

Ole Miss- WIN (honestly we should win this one)

Vandy- WIN (I pray we win this one for my sanity

TAMU- WIN (If we can beat Vandy and Ole Miss we will have momentum coming home [TAMU only beat ole miss by 3])

New Mexico State- WIN

Georgia- Loss (Unless things drastically change)

Alabama A&M- WIN

Alabama- Loss (Unless miracle)

So that'd leave us (6-6) with a bowl game i'd rather not be admitting we are going to, and we'd probably win the bowl game bringing in a not so embarrassing (7-6).

Thoughts?

Best case: Win 3 or 4 games, fire CSL at end of season, get a real OC, with morre than 1 year experience from Temple for $od's sake! Hopefully finish with a top 10 or 15 recruiting class. If u are expecting anything more you must be writing from one of the Disney Parks!

TAMU- WIN (If we can beat Vandy and Ole Miss we will have momentum coming home [TAMU only beat ole miss by 3])

New Mexico State- WIN

Alabama A&M- WIN

So that'd leave us (6-6) with a bowl game i'd rather not be admitting we are going to, and we'd probably win the bowl game bringing in a not so embarrassing (7-6).

Thoughts?

If we win 6 games I will buy the tickets to the BBVA Compass bowl for you and stand guard over your car in that hell hole around Legion Field.

But I do like that positive attitude

Have we determined/seen any evidence that the season is costing us recruits yet?

So we're hoping they see opportunity instead of headless people running around?

President Gogue and Bd. meet and decide to evaluate the role they want for AU Athletics and hire an outside firm as their advisors.

Develop a plan that stresses need for AU athletics to reflect the highest standards of the university and to provide a positive revenue stream.

Evaluate our present infrastructure and staff as to their ability to support that mission.

Where deficiencies are identified, evaluate best course of action and costs to do so.

Begin, thru the outside consultants, back door negotiations with influential friends of the university, architects, structural engineers , lawyers,

Once costs are estimated, implement a step by step procedure to upgrade both bricks and mortar and personnel.

Inform present staff that should find other employment and hire new people that can get the job done.

Executive summary: Get rid of the deadwood that can't perform and replace them with people who can.

I like the general approach here, though I've never understood the fascination with this "consulting" business on hires. Dr. Gogue is the president and earns about $600K per year, plus housing and other perks to hold that title. I presume that the job actually comes with it. I appreciate that he is a delegating CEO. That is fine. But that philosophy still carries a necessity to measure outcomes on a regular basis. Jay Jacobs is his direct report. Jay's outcomes aren't measuring up. Time for his boss to be a little more active, again, on his own, without a $250K contract for someone else to show him the last five years of SEC standings across all sports, particularly the money sports and the most popular non-money sports. By my account, swimming is still doing well and women's soccer has actually been on an upward trajectory. Save the football anomaly of 2010 -- I'm darn glad for it, but it's still an anomaly -- are there any other programs that we can honestly say are on an upward trend or are otherwise settled at an acceptable level of achievement?

So we're hoping they see opportunity instead of headless people running around?

That is what the recruits are saying. Also Mike Farrell who is good at picking where recruits land says he feels Trey Johnson will stick if Chiz is not fired.

New Mexico State- WIN

Alabama A&M- WIN

Thoughts?

If we win 6 games I will buy the tickets to the BBVA Compass bowl for you and stand guard over your car in that hell hole around Legion Field.

But I do like that positive attitude

Oh the power of positive thinking. LOL

I like the general approach here, though I've never understood the fascination with this "consulting" business on hires. Dr. Gogue is the president and earns about $600K per year, plus housing and other perks to hold that title. I presume that the job actually comes with it. I appreciate that he is a delegating CEO. That is fine. But that philosophy still carries a necessity to measure outcomes on a regular basis. Jay Jacobs is his direct report. Jay's outcomes aren't measuring up. Time for his boss to be a little more active, again, on his own, without a $250K contract for someone else to show him the last five years of SEC standings across all sports, particularly the money sports and the most popular non-money sports. By my account, swimming is still doing well and women's soccer has actually been on an upward trajectory. Save the football anomaly of 2010 -- I'm darn glad for it, but it's still an anomaly -- are there any other programs that we can honestly say are on an upward trend or are otherwise settled at an acceptable level of achievement?

Consulting firms don't have to follow the strict guidelines that a University has to. A University has to ask for permission to talk to an employee of another University, a consulting firm doesn't. Consulting firms also usually have a broader base to work from. Example, they work more closely with agents and it is easier for them to put "feeler's" out there than a University would. I like the idea of using a consulting firm myself. It gets away from using the "good old boy network" as the source for making a hire. Now the bottom line is.....you have to have somebody that is competent enough to make the final decision on a hire. This is just my opinion....we don't have that right now.

You notice where and who I put in this organizational structure.

President Gogue is the only one who could make this happen.

Some others below him are part of the problem not the solution.

I do not know if Dr. Gogue feels as strongly as I do or perceives the urgency at this time.

My personal "How bad is it meter ? " got two hits today.

I heard from 2 of my most obnoxious Bamrz. One I hear from infrequently and he was in full gleeful gooberfest over our problems.

The other, an alum, I had lunch with last week offered what I took as a sincere , "I understand and hang in there."

My meter says "Not good fellow Tigers." Y'all had that figured out though.

Back to the post, I do not believe any of this will occur, just as the thread begs to ask, "Best case Scenario". WDEA(nyway)

Archived