Comparing Auburn to Ole Miss?

WarAJEagle

Obviously we have huge problems, I feel like it can be compared to another team in the SEC West. Yep, Ole Miss. It's no secret that Ole Miss is not a typical SEC powerhouse and is usually the doormat of the SEC and they usually accept mediocrity (That's not us, never will be, we expect much higher). Review of the last few years for them:

Athletic Director: Pete Boone

Head Football Coach: Houston Nutt

Nutt was brought in and won two Cotton Bowls with pretty decent teams: Dexter McCluster, Jevan Snead, Michael Oher etc. He had two losing seasons following and he was ousted along with their AD Pete Boone.

What Ole Miss did that I would like to see Auburn do: Ole Miss appointed a panel lead by Archie Manning to find a new athletic director and hired Bjork from Western Kentucky, who in turn hired Huge Freeze (which I think was a publicity stunt following the Blind Side.)

What if Auburn made a similar panel with key Auburn figures such as Bo Jackson, Pat Sullivan, Pat Dye, etc on the panel to select a new Athletic Director and football coach? Would you trust them to make the right decision? We may be a little pre-mature here, but seems like a pretty good idea.

NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU THINK WE ARE..NEVER COMPARE AUBURN TO OLE MISS..PLEASE

I was trying to compare how they handled their Athletic program problems and how we should, obviously Auburn is on a total different level when it comes to level of prestige and tradition.

I once told my K-state golfing buddy that Ole Miss would't survive the mascot fiasco, and now AU is worried about being beat by Ole Miss. WTH happened?

haha good question. Ole Miss cleaned house in the athletic program, I believe they still have the same Chancellor that banned all the traditional Ole Miss stuff though.

I once told my K-state golfing buddy that Ole Miss would't survive the mascot fiasco, and now AU is worried about being beat by Ole Miss. WTH happened?

haha good question. Ole Miss cleaned house in the athletic program, I believe they still have the same Chancellor that banned all the traditional Ole Miss stuff though.

I got a blue screen when I posted this, and posted the same thing in another thread, so mods/posters forgive. Message is the same. Col Reb...I'm crying.

Archived