Hockey Anyone?

AUfanLCDR

I'll be there for all the games this weekend and next. Military Appreication - Great Free instead of $5. Folks, the food is cheaper and more variety there also.l The bathrooms are a WHOLE LOT easier to get in and out of. Maybe one of these days I'll learn the game's rules. No matter what - it is entertaining.

Then again, I haven't missed a home FB game and some away FB games in decades but I really am starting to like this hockey game.

I am by no means an expert on the rules of hockey, but I watch a lot of NHL so I know some. If you have a specific question you want answered, I'll try. If I don't know, I'll just tell you I'm not sure. I don't know the hockey rules as well as I know the football and basketball rules.

Well, I went last night..... we lost 10-1 to a very good Ole Miss team. They just had better skaters and puck handling. However, the officiating was about as good as the NFL replacement referees. By the 3rd period, the refs had literally thrown out half the Auburn team for fighting.

Well, I went last night..... we lost 10-1 to a very good Ole Miss team. They just had better skaters and puck handling. However, the officiating was about as good as the NFL replacement referees. By the 3rd period, the refs had literally thrown out half the Auburn team for fighting.

that's not the officials fault. That's on the players for fighting. If they didn't get the message after the first or even second ejection, then its nobody's fault but theirs. It's certainly not an indicator of bad officiating, but poor discipline on the part of the players.

that's not the officials fault. That's on the players for fighting. If they didn't get the message after the first or even second ejection, then its nobody's fault but theirs. It's certainly not an indicator of bad officiating, but poor discipline on the part of the players.

They weren't really "fighting." It was just a little bit of shoving and some mouthing off. Supposedly the game Friday night had a big fight or something, I didn't get the whole story.

The Ole Miss game on 8 FEB was better than the one on the 9th. Ole Miss scored first and the next two where by Auburn. Ole Miss tied it up at 2 each when our goalie came out too far on a loose puck and then they scored the last goal to take a 2-3 game. There are big differences between this team and the one I saw lose to GA Tech in mid SEP are:

* Shots on goal has been drastically reduced by both teams

* Uniforms - we had players with taped on numbers in SEP...much improved

* More penalty minutes for fights now

Was pleasantly surprised by a young couple with an infant. The Mother is a huge UGA fan and the infant and father (AU Alum) were in AU gear. The mother said that their divided house was for certain sports (AU hockey and GA for football).

If you are going to the game tonight remember that today starts the Hockey weekend across America, so wear your favorite hockey jersey today!

Go Blackhawks and War Eagle!!

I will also be there tomorrow.

The head coach has resigned and is going to finish out the year. I believe they are looking at hiring an ex-cottonmouth player. Hopefully with the new leadership, discipline will become a priority for this team. As mentioned above, half the team was thrown out the other night, and that is unacceptable and the players don't have respect for the coach!. I am looking forward to seeing who the new coach will be! War Eagle!!

The head coach has resigned and is going to finish out the year. I believe they are looking at hiring an ex-cottonmouth player. Hopefully with the new leadership, discipline will become a priority for this team. As mentioned above, half the team was thrown out the other night, and that is unacceptable and the players don't have respect for the coach!. I am looking forward to seeing who the new coach will be! War Eagle!!

What was the deal with the old coach? What exactly happened?

He decided he was in over his head. I feel sorry for him because he really is one of the nicest people you will meet. He just isn't cut out to be a college coach.

Hopefully Auburn will follow suit with what Alabama did and hire a super coach. After alabama hired their coach a few years back they turned the program around into being one of the top two teams in the SEC.

If they can hire an ex-cottonmouth, I bet the players will have no trouble respecting him. I know it's just club hockey and people probably don't care, but I think it would be nice to have a good hockey team.

He decided he was in over his head. I feel sorry for him because he really is one of the nicest people you will meet. He just isn't cut out to be a college coach.

Hopefully Auburn will follow suit with what Alabama did and hire a super coach. After alabama hired their coach a few years back they turned the program around into being one of the top two teams in the SEC.

If they can hire an ex-cottonmouth, I bet the players will have no trouble respecting him. I know it's just club hockey and people probably don't care, but I think it would be nice to have a good hockey team.

Well, us southern hockey fans are far and few between! I'd love to have a great hockey team. Heck, I made the suggestion we scrub the women's basketball program for a NCAA hockey team the other day. That didn't go so well.... :dunno:

I'm with you. I would like to see AU have a good hockey team.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish that any of the websites would update more frequently with scheduling changes and times. I missed none of the "home" games because I called the Columbus Ice Rink. They knew every game and time. Excellent facility!

Archived