AU FAMILY Mods

AUcivE09

We have about 20 different fire the coach/this team sucks threads. I love some AU and understand that with Chiziks first disappointing start we have bridge-jumpers and trolls, but the AU boards use to be the only place you could go and read up and actual team/football related issues.

Can you delete a few of these repetative threads that are just absolutely unnecessary (or just combine them?) and clean this site up a little? The AUFootball board has really gone to **** and could use a little housekeeping for those of us who support the team during the good AND bad. And I am sure the "you dont have to read it" response is coming but.........what else is there on here? the one thread that said "Something Positive" is nothing more than a joke now. Banning a few people wouldn't hurt. They can always go back to BOL or tigerdroppings. Please save this site from becoming that. I know you want to grow this site, but at what cost are you willing to do that?

Thank you in advance

We have about 20 different fire the coach/this team sucks threads. I love some AU and understand that with Chiziks first disappointing start we have bridge-jumpers and trolls, but the AU boards use to be the only place you could go and read up and actual team/football related issues.

Can you delete a few of these repetative threads that are just absolutely unnecessary (or just combine them?) and clean this site up a little? The AUFootball board has really gone to **** and could use a little housekeeping for those of us who support the team during the good AND bad. And I am sure the "you dont have to read it" response is coming but.........what else is there on here? the one thread that said "Something Positive" is nothing more than a joke now. Banning a few people wouldn't hurt. They can always go back to BOL or tigerdroppings. Please save this site from becoming that. I know you want to grow this site, but at what cost are you willing to do that?

Thank you in advance

AMEN! Was this caused by the merger?

I believe it is possible to support the team, support the school, be unhappy with some coaches, and be unhappy with the product representing my beloved Auburn all at the same time.

Thank you in advance

No this was caused by a 1-4 start. If we were 4-1 everything would be good and this would be a happy place.

Actually I don't really think its all that bad with the number of topics. If you knew how many "coaching change" threads we have deleted, you would be shocked. Any thread that is started that wants to focus on one particular person for the job have been deleted. We aren't going to have 20 threads on the board talking about 20 different "potential" coaches for a job that isn't even open.

We have a thread here: http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/126058-names-of-new-coaches/ that we have allowed to remain open. Anybody that wants to discuss this topic can respond in that thread until we decide its run its course and lock it or it just falls down the board.

Believe me, we are doing everything we can to keep these type of threads to a minimum.

You wanna kill this site, start up with the heavy handed censure. I have been MORE than impressed with the even handed common sense approach the mods have demonstrated. Please continue this philosophy.

Thank you in advance

Was what caused by the merger?

You wanna kill this site, start up with the heavy handed censure. I have been MORE than impressed with the even handed common sense approach the mods have demonstrated. Please continue this philosophy.

Agree. The Mods have done a very good job on this board with allowing both positive and negative opinions to be heard/posted. They have done a very good job with those of us who have gotten out of line in terms of deleting those posts without someone running and playing tattletale. I agree there should not be too many repetitive posts. We should be all big boys and girls who can discuss issues that we agree AND disagree with without running to Mommy and Daddy.

wde

WarTiger - I am sorry for sounding a bit stand-off-ish in the OP. I know times like these have to be trying for the mods and I appreciate the work you guys/gals put in! It just irritates me more than the 1-4 start. Just as a side note - I do not think anything was created/caused by the merger. I have grown more fond of the rule differences over time. I hate seeing so much slander thrown our way all over this board considering it is not just the fans reading. It really makes me sad there are not more encouraging posts. This is simply what I am trying my best as some random poster to promote in hopes that even one player/recruit/coach reads this site and gets a warm feeling from those they lay it on the line for.

AUspider - you are one of those posters I have read today that makes me feel this way about the site and lead to this post. If you are indeed an AU fan/alum/student I just simply encourage you to hold your head a bit higher and give this team the support they obviously need right now. I know very well what it is like to play for a losing team and sometimes it really helped our morale seeing we still had supporters no matter what occured on the field. Before we put the last nail in the coffin on this season, lets wait and see if the coach we all praised and raved over for about 3 years (other than that guy at the airport) can find the magic again. Speaking of that guy at the airport - do not be that guy.

Oxford tiger - I remember you from AE..............

WarTiger - I am sorry for sounding a bit stand-off-ish in the OP. I know times like these have to be trying for the mods and I appreciate the work you guys/gals put in! It just irritates me more than the 1-4 start. Just as a side note - I do not think anything was created/caused by the merger. I have grown more fond of the rule differences over time. I hate seeing so much slander thrown our way all over this board considering it is not just the fans reading. It really makes me sad there are not more encouraging posts. This is simply what I am trying my best as some random poster to promote in hopes that even one player/recruit/coach reads this site and gets a warm feeling from those they lay it on the line for.

I didn't interpret your comments that way at all. This season has been hard for most of us to accept and grasp. We've always prided ourselves on allowing dissenting views but at the same time, we aren't going to allow someone to bash the players or be a constant nuisance. I believe we have a pretty good balance here and do a solid job of maintaining order and being consistent.

Thank you WarTiger - I like a little good back and forth discussion. Its just hard to have a good conversation when the general chat keeps going back to "we suck fire the coach hire Bobby". How do you argue/discuss we should hire BP? LOL

BG03 is easier to have a good conversation with right now than most of my own AUfam!

I agree there shouldnt be a lot of repititive threads, but the people who dont think any negative comments should ever be allowed should start up their own website and moderate it that way

They did that some years back, but Auburn Eagle merged with this site a few months back.

Archived