New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this time, I would opt for Gus Malzahn as well. He knows the team, knows the coaches, and knows recruiting.

In addition, he obviously knows offense. Keep VanGorder, Trooper, Grimes, Bouleware, Luper, and try and get Tracy Rocker back as assistant Coach.

Tony D'Amato

Who?...And for the people saying Gus let's let him prove himself as a head coach before we even consider him.

Tony D'Amato

I disagree. Bud Kilmer is obviously the better choice.

You are both wrong. Clearly Eric Taylor is the best.

I'm on the Bobby Petrino bandwagon (I think). Sure, he's a douche. But he's a douche who can coach the crap out of football teams. And for the amount of money these guys get paid, I want my football coach to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

Look I have no wish to change coaches at this time but the if I was looking for a rising star I would put some thought in Todd Berry Coach of ULm. I dont believe any coach has gotten more from less so far this season than the HC of the Warhawks.

Look I have no wish to change coaches at this time but the if I was looking for a rising star I would put some thought in Todd Berry Coach of ULm. I dont believe any coach has gotten more from less so far this season than the HC of the Warhawks.

^^This or someone of a similar background - that is - someone who has been a SUCCESSFUL HC at the D1 level.

Todd Berry ... please no. While ULM is playing well this season, take a look at his D-1 track record. The problem is I don't see many big names out there who are interested in moving, or will be somewhere else.

Charlie Strong ... probably be Arky's HC

Lower tier HC's include Sonny Dykes, Mario Cristobal, and Mark Hudspeth. Dynes is an air raid guy, Franklin is his OC, so Auburn won't even look at him. A lot of folks think Hudspeth will be a good coach, but he's only had 2 years at a Sun Belt team. Cristobal is well liked, but FIU shows inconsistency at times, and he'll be at Miami when they fire Golden eventually.

Gary Patterson isn't going to leave TCU since they are BCS now, plus he probably has a bad taste in his mouth since he was passed over before.

Then you look at hot name coordinators. Could turn out to be great, could end in disaster. Smart, Morris, Oregon's OC, and whoever else stands out as a great coordinator.

If Jay Jacobs is still the AD in the selection process, the guy at ULM looks like the most logical pick.

1000% no. We are big time program that has $$$$. Make Patterson/holgerson tell you no first, then go after art briles and Charlie strong.

Archived