New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

Your all idiots

Funny how all the people calling other people idiots almost always screw up either the spelling or punctuation of THEIR posts. :dunno:

Ever heard of predicted text?.....seriously step back from the ledge.....this thread is pointless and trying to reason with you people is a lost cause

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Gundy from Oklahoma State? Les Miles is an ex Oklahoma State coach and he has turned out pretty well for LSU.....

Pretty solid idea actually...

Thank you sir! Would he leave T. Boone Pickens University though? He's built them into a pretty solid program.

Your all idiots

Funny how all the people calling other people idiots almost always screw up either the spelling or punctuation of THEIR posts. :dunno:

Ever heard of predicted text?.....seriously step back from the ledge.....this thread is pointless and trying to reason with you people is a lost cause

"Arguing on the internet is like pissing in an ocean of piss" - Anonymous source.

How about Gundy from Oklahoma State? Les Miles is an ex Oklahoma State coach and he has turned out pretty well for LSU.....

Thank you sir! Would he leave T. Boone Pickens University though? He's built them into a pretty solid program.

I think that he would actually, they just cant seem to get the recruits to remain a stable success. I would love to have his offensive mind though he is another coach that has done a lot with much less than the talent at Auburn.

Your all idiots

Ever heard of proofreading? It isn't like you had a novella there buddy. Lighten up Francis.

I think that he would actually, they just cant seem to get the recruits to remain a stable success. I would love to have his offensive mind though he is another coach that has done a lot with much less than the talent at Auburn.

Very true. Plus, His media confrontations would be great.

I think everyone is missing one crucial aspect to this situation. NONE of these names I've seen can ever hope to compete with Saban. Either we have to hire a Harbaugh, or Gruden caliber coach, or we just need to wait until Saban retires. Petrino is the only name I've heard that has a shot of being successful against him. And to all of those who don't want Petrino based off of character issues, just look at what we have now. We have more attrition and character issues than any other school in the conference and we're not winning either. If you think that Being a nice boy has a place in the big bad SEC, then good for you. Me on the other hand, I'm tired of Auburn being a laughing stock. We already have character issues but let's at least worry about character issues while wearing our National Championship T's that Petrino might bring us.

Hiring Petrino after this fiasco would only further Auburn being seen as a laughing stock. I'm telling you guys now, Smart is a guy that can compete with Saban. Nobody knows the guy better and we need discipline and fundamentals. I can promise you if we hire Smart nobody would consider us a laughing stock. You want to watch the Bammers start to squirm? Their arrogance would swiftly fade once you see Kirby Smart hired at Auburn. I'm not sure why some of you think he wouldn't consider the offer.

First of all, if Auburn is willing to pay serious money, he would definitely consider it. Millions of dollars will always make somebody consider being hired just about anywhere. He'd be a head coach in the SEC at a big time school and with the recruiting class coming in 2013, a defensive guy would love a chance at talent like we have here. If Auburn doesn't hire him, Arkansas will. Do we as Auburn really want to hire somebody in Petrino that Arkansas deemed not worthy of being there? To me, that's just not a direction wants to follow.

Dana Holgerson is also a great choice. He with BVG would be an incredibly impressive duo that I could see dominating the the landscape of college football for a several years.

I vote for Rich Rodriguez at Univ of Arizona. Seen them play and he has a very poor team playing high above their ability. They have lost three, but should have beaten Okl St and Stanford. This is his first year, but when he gets his guys they will contend for the Pac 12.

Second choice - Petrino.

I vote for Rich Rodriguez at Univ of Arizona. Seen them play and he has a very poor team playing high above their ability. They have lost three, but should have beaten Okl St and Stanford. This is his first year, but when he gets his guys they will contend for the Pac 12.

Second choice - Petrino.

We've already seen Rodriguez at a school with big expectations, Michigan. It didn't turn out too well.

Second choice - Petrino.

Rich Rod failed miserably at Michigan. That's about the last guy we need to hire to replace Chizik.

If I could pick one coach out there that I would want, it would be Sean Peyton. He brought NO from nothing to Super Bowl Champions. He has a great offensive scheme that the top players would want to be a part of, because it would give them a better chance to get to the NFL. Plus, I believe he could compete with Saban.

For those that will say they don't want the baggage, he had nothing to do with it other than being the head coach at the time.

Would he even consider it? I have no idea, but who in their right mind would want to go back to that train wreck in NO?

If I could pick one coach out there that I would want, it would be Sean Peyton. He brought NO from nothing to Super Bowl Champions. He has a great offensive scheme that the top players would want to be a part of, because it would give them a better chance to get to the NFL. Plus, I believe he could compete with Saban.

For those that will say they don't want the baggage, he had nothing to do with it other than being the head coach at the time.

Would he even consider it? I have no idea, but who in their right mind would want to go back to that train wreck in NO?

So he would want to come to our train wreck for several million dollars less a year?

At this point I just want someone else. If we dont make any changes, do you think next year is going to be a whole lot different. Atleast if we get someone else we could atleast hope we will see something better. I would also like to add a coach who could actually coach our wide recievers too.

LOL....people shouting to "hire a new coach" ....and then can't come up with a single experienced coach that would leave his current job to come to AU for any reason at all. What about the WVa coach surely he would come....but wait, we are running back U and he throws on 4th and 4 at mid field...and besides he gives up about 40 points per game and "that's not AU defense".

And after gripes about not getting a "big name" experienced coaches, we add a few coordinators to the list who have never been head coaches anywhere. And then there is Petrino...so hire him knowing he has been a problem of one sort or another everywhere he's been...get used to ESPN living in AU looking for his latest screw-up.

Firing the HC is not the solution to every problem of a football team and usually just brings on a new set of problems which apparently many people at other schools like UTk, Mich, et al. have found out the hard way. Getting a search on for a new HC should be a last resort....not a knee-jerk reaction to a disappointing season.

LOL....people shouting to "hire a new coach" ....and then can't come up with a single experienced coach that would leave his current job to come to AU for any reason at all. What about the WVa coach surely he would come....but wait, we are running back U and he throws on 4th and 4 at mid field...and besides he gives up about 40 points per game and "that's not AU defense".

And after gripes about not getting a "big name" experienced coaches, we add a few coordinators to the list who have never been head coaches anywhere. And then there is Petrino...so hire him knowing he has been a problem of one sort or another everywhere he's been...get used to ESPN living in AU looking for his latest screw-up.

Firing the HC is not the solution to every problem of a football team and usually just brings on a new set of problems which apparently many people at other schools like UTk, Mich, et al. have found out the hard way. Getting a search on for a new HC should be a last resort....not a knee-jerk reaction to a disappointing season.

The shouting for a new HC is anything but a knee-jerk reaction. We do have one more year of experience correct from last year? I could take not having a good record. The truth of it is, we're lucky we have won the one game we did. I can't take being 3-9 when last season we had many of the players we have this year. We have not improved. Yes, with a scheme change you have growing pains. I get that. Yet, you need to show some kind of improvement. The Arkansas game only proved we are not improving. The team that played against Clemson game one this season would have drilled the one that played yesterday. That speaks of a serious problem and it has been a steady trend since last season.

Archived