Other Starter changes

AUcivE09

Some of you people are off your rockers if you can't see the difference between belittling a player in the streets and criticizing poor play on an internet message board. I mean good lord, you guys are acting like we're calling for scholarships to be yanked and their houses to be egged. It's chatter about play of our football team, for men and players who get paid either way to do this.

Would I call out a soldier? You can't see the difference between your life being on the line and a game?

These same bloody idiots sit around pretending they're the superior race of fans. THEY are willing to sit quietly by as the team continues to perform woefully because they are the best. Get off your high horses people.

thank you ToomersRevenge. for the record i do not belittle people no matter what they do, players, soldiers, students, but coaches and politcians are different stories. but i have watched every auburn game in the recent 20+ years and we have had some great players, really good players, average players, and below average players that helped the team and and some that probably should have went to a lower division to fit their abilities better. these games are televised for all to see and the players are identified plainly. no way to hide or keep confidential the performances.( unlike soldiers who are not televised, which was a poor analogy) we talk about football here like we are going to make a difference one way or the other but i hope most of us realize we will make zero difference at all. i never call out players to be rude or offensive especially if their parents are lurking. we have more outspoken posters here and i like to see their thoughts too. im not here to teach ettiquette and i dont need any lessons either.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you people are off your rockers if you can't see the difference between belittling a player in the streets and criticizing poor play on an internet message board. I mean good lord, you guys are acting like we're calling for scholarships to be yanked and their houses to be egged. It's chatter about play of our football team, for men and players who get paid either way to do this.

Would I call out a soldier? You can't see the difference between your life being on the line and a game?

These same bloody idiots sit around pretending they're the superior race of fans. THEY are willing to sit quietly by as the team continues to perform woefully because they are the best. Get off your high horses people.

thank you ToomersRevenge. for the record i do not belittle people no matter what they do, players, soldiers, students, but coaches and politcians are different stories. but i have watched every auburn game in the recent 20+ years and we have had some great players, really good players, average players, and below average players that helped the team and and some that probably should have went to a lower division to fit their abilities better. these games are televised for all to see and the players are identified plainly. no way to hide or keep confidential the performances.( unlike soldiers who are not televised, which was a poor analogy) we talk about football here like we are going to make a difference one way or the other but i hope most of us realize we will make zero difference at all. i never call out players to be rude or offensive especially if their parents are lurking. we have more outspoken posters here and i like to see their thoughts too. im not here to teach ettiquette and i dont need any lessons either.

Sorry, but I disagree with this. In my opinion, avoiding sustained negativity without becoming complacent is the way of the Auburn fan. You suggest that if we don't get down (and stay down) on the team, we are willing to accept bad performances on the field (or off, for that matter). I say that's a false dilemma, sir. Why not get down off your high horse and quit criticizing for a while?

Well I missed the starting QB oops...Clint it is.

If Clint can play the whole game like he played the first half against Ole Miss, we will win the game.

If Clint can play the whole game like he played the first half against Ole Miss, we will win the game.

I agree...hopefully the defense can play like they did at lsu

Sorry, but I disagree with this. In my opinion, avoiding sustained negativity without becoming complacent is the way of the Auburn fan. You suggest that if we don't get down (and stay down) on the team, we are willing to accept bad performances on the field (or off, for that matter). I say that's a false dilemma, sir. Why not get down off your high horse and quit criticizing for a while?

When in the world did I suggest that we must stay down on this team? I merely said that there are those around here who act like any act of dissent is akin to bringing the team bus home without the players. It's not.

I agree...hopefully the defense can play like they did at lsu

Yep.

Trooper calling plays in the future? Do you think that CGC might be to the point of relinquishing the play calling from CSL and let Trooper have a go at it? This is a bit extreme, but maybe we are at the point to where this might give us the best chance of starting to win some ball games for the remainder of of 2012 season. If this where to happen, I think Trooper would open things up a good deal. I doubt this will happen, but it would make for an interesting twist in the abismal (not sure of the spelling and too darn tired to run spell check!) season?

Trooper calling plays in the future? Do you think that CGC might be to the point of relinquishing the play calling from CSL and let Trooper have a go at it? This is a bit extreme, but maybe we are at the point to where this might give us the best chance of starting to win some ball games for the remainder of of 2012 season. If this where to happen, I think Trooper would open things up a good deal. I doubt this will happen, but it would make for an interesting twist in the abismal (not sure of the spelling and too darn tired to run spell check!) season?

I'd be surprised, but what do I know?

A Trooper for Lefty substitution? Hmmmm, If Troop were a good OC it would be great to keep him on board with the way he recruits and we could hire another WR coach.

You can't blame some of the fans for being dissappointed with the season. Being called out for play at the college level and above just comes with the territory. To some it might seem tacky, but it happens. Watch ESPN or read the Yahoo sports section...

..you know?

I forgot to tell you......I will be starting at SSLB. At 6-1, 225 and a blazing 4.9/40 I can clog up a hole and get run over just as good as anyone else.

:Sing:

Not bad measurements actually, but the question is can you attempt an arm tackle only to slide off and eat grass?

. If you are talking about Darren Bates he has played every defensive snap this year and only leads the SEC in tackles. Not bad for someone who arm tackles and eats grass.

Archived