Only classless thing I witnessed lat night...

Tiger4Ever

Was the Auburn band when it started playing before LSU's band was done with their halftime performance. Not a big deal, but I thought it was a little over the top. They got boo'ed heavily for it and it was over. I didn't (personally) witness any incidents outside of the stadium before or after the game. Good luck to Auburn the rest of the year. I am sure your team will bounce back from this and may even run the table in doing so. Geaux Tigers!! (both sets now that the game is over!)

I guess you didn't see the t-shirts we saw on TV, with the picture of the very young boy shooting a bird. That was about the most classless thing I have ever seen at a college football game during a pan of the crowd...

I guess you didn't see the t-shirts we saw on TV, with the picture of the very young boy shooting a bird. That was about the most classless thing I have ever seen at a college football game during a pan of the crowd...

That is a result of opposing (mostly AU) fans saying four year olds would shoot them the bird. Which was untrue. They made that shirt as a joke.

I guess you didn't see the t-shirts we saw on TV, with the picture of the very young boy shooting a bird.  That was about the most classless thing I have ever seen at a college football game during a pan of the crowd...

That is a result of opposing (mostly AU) fans saying four year olds would shoot them the bird. Which was untrue. They made that shirt as a joke.

oh so that makes it ok??????????? like it or not it is classless and I'm sure if you asked some of the neutral fans who watched the game on espn last night almost if not all would agree. Joke or not it says "hey AU fu". If you're going to argue that thats not classless then we might as well just stop the conversation here.

Congrats lsuj, as though you really need it. That was awesome for you guys to say the least. I didn't think you guys would blow us out that bad although I was worried about the outcome. We were handled quite easily by you guys. What a mirror image of last years game.

I guess you didn't see the t-shirts we saw on TV, with the picture of the very young boy shooting a bird.  That was about the most classless thing I have ever seen at a college football game during a pan of the crowd...

Even if the shirt was a joke and was the result of AU fans comments, I think it did make you guys (LSU) look bad. Y'all played one heck of a game though, congrats.

You guys ought to be able to admit that two years ago your fans created a hostile and dangerous situation for Auburn players and coaches after that game. I appreciate the improved behavior after our butt-kicking this year.

Aw cmon man, the band playing?? Every college game has 2 bands playing at the same time all the time....I cant remember any college game ive been too where 2 bands didnt happen to play at the same time occasionally.

Did anyone see the young man with blood all over his face? They did not focus on him, they were just panning over the crowd. If anyone recorded it, it was late in the game.

Did anyone see the young man with blood all over his face? They did not focus on him, they were just panning over the crowd. If anyone recorded it, it was late in the game.

Was it a lsu fan who was injured in the raucous celebration?

Was it a lsu fan who was injured in the raucous celebration

It was a LSU fan, but it was sometime in the fourth quarter. It just reminded me of Race week-end at Talladega when I saw him.

You guys ought to be able to admit that two years ago your fans created a hostile and dangerous situation for Auburn players and coaches after that game.

I'm going to try to end this once and for all.

There was absolutely no hostility between the players and us after the 2001 game. We were talking like I would talk to any Auburn fan. They were giving us autographs and eating Popeye's chicken. Great guys...

When tuberville came out (which was after the AU players got on their bus) the crowd converged a little, showing him their cigars and shouting "Tubby! Tubby!." He had a little trouble getting to his van, but nothing serious. The AU players almost got off their bus, because they couldn't see him.

Don't talk about it if you weren't there! :angry:

About the bands... any band is going to sound worse than the Golden Band from Tigerland because they are the best in the nation. No, I'm not biased. They really are the best band in the nation, and they have the Sudler award to show for it.

P.S. The Sudler award is given to the nations best band each year.

Aw cmon man, the band playing?? Every college game has 2 bands playing at the same time all the time....I cant remember any college game ive been too where 2 bands didnt happen to play at the same time occasionally.

I have never ONCE heard an opposing teams band start playing during the other team's halftime show. This was not both bands in the middle of the game playing at the same time, LSU's band was ON THE FIELD during finishing their HALFTIME SHOW when the Auburn band started playing. That is disrespectful, just as disrespectful as the shirt with the little kid....if you knew the history of that picture.

If you don't find that disrespectful.....that says alot about you personally. If the roles had been reversed, I would have been embarassed and upset the band director would allow that.

i was in Baton Rouge yesterday and had a great time except for the game which sucked. but those of us who know Tubby can expect those as long as he is at auburn. 99 percent of the LSU fans we saw treated us great. just a few good natured ribbing. I have been down there 6 times and I have never had a bad experience. we were treated after the game no differently than any other SEC fans would after they had just whipped our ass. There are always bad apples wherever you go. LSU's band was awesome. Let me tell you when those GOLDEN GIRLS came down to our section :D . Let me just say that was the HIGHLIGHT of the game for me.

Glad you had a good time Dothan...I was in Jordan-Hare last year watching my Tigers get theirs handed to them...still enjoyed the trip anyway and it seems like you enjoyed your trip to our place. I really didn't see any problems with fans and actually made my way around while keeping an eye out. I was a little PO'd that the Golden Girls showed the visitors all the love instead of the student section. We couldn't see what was going on, but from all the cheering, I wish I did. Glad you had a good time, and I hope you come back two years from now.

Was the Auburn band when it started playing before LSU's band was done with their halftime performance. Not a big deal, but I thought it was a little over the top. They got boo'ed heavily for it and it was over. I didn't (personally) witness any incidents outside of the stadium before or after the game. Good luck to Auburn the rest of the year. I am sure your team will bounce back from this and may even run the table in doing so. Geaux Tigers!! (both sets now that the game is over!)

I swore i would be done here but id have one thing to say... and if you think that the band playing after the LSU haltime show was classless..... then look at who the director of the AU band is.......an LSU GRAD!!!!! So i guess classless runs in the LSU family!

It wasn't after, it was DURING...what is so friggin hard to understand about that?!? I don't care if he is an LSU grad. or not, he is at Auburn and he is doing his job...and a very poor job at that. autigger, I will take your post to be a result of the outcome of the game last night and the fact that Auburn fans such as yourself have nothing but a t-shirt to complain about for the next year.

Guest AuNuma1

Win or lose, the lswho people will still bitch about something. Just further proves that lsu knows nothing about a true football rivalry like Auburn has with bama and uga. The only thing that matters when you beat bama or uga is bragging rights that you hold onto for 365 days...if you win, great! If you don't, you have to hear it for, count 'em, 365 days.

Complaing about the band?? Come on...that's definitely a new one for me...

An Auburn fans don't know about complaining? If you read the original post, it was something like "that is all I saw, good luck the rest of the way". Your type are unbelievable. You are probably one of the same AU fans that has been complaining for two straight years about LSU fans and you are going to lecture me on bitching? Pot, meet kettle. You amaze me... :huh:

i didn't read the post from the rest of this. i just figured it was a good place to post my thoughts on the game experience. i thought the lsu fans were just fine. i had a worse experience last time i was there. this time, i talked to lsu fans before and after the game. they were crude (and maybe offensive to some... one guy had a stuffed male genitals under his apron so that when he offered you something to eat as you passed by in the car it was about head high... i thought it was funny), but they weren't mean or anything. the atmosphere before the game was great, and the stadium was rockin. unfortunately auburn took the fun out of the whole thing.

as for us, we're just a joke that's not funny anymore. we have as much talent as uga last year (probably more as far as nfl standards), and we consistently get blown out. it can't be the players. i'm not calling for tubby's head... i'm just downtrodden about where this team could possibly go. i don't know if i'm okay with accepting mediocrity, but i remember exactly what i thougt when we hired tubby from ole miss. "tubby's good enough to get us back into contention, but he's never proved to be anything more." i told my dad that then, but you could use the exact same thought now. i just think it's a little sad going into a season knowing you have more talent than anyone in the conference, but at the same time, knowing that you'll have to cross your fingers and hope someone else slips up for you to win your division. oh well, these are your 2003 auburn tigers ladies and gents. i love these guys as people, but they either don't have the focus or the coaching to be great.

okay, here goes. Yes, our band played DURING the LSU halftime's final note. It was totally unnecessary. I was ashamed that the band did that. I am sorry to any LSU fan who was offended.

My question for you is, why was the LSU band playing their entire show into Auburn's section. Is this an all the time occurence? I found it quite odd that they were oriented towards the south endzone without marching or moving. This is just a question, not a flame.

Hey, LSU fan here. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I think the band playing to the south end-zone isn't supposed to be an attack on Auburn as a salute to the southern-endzone LSU fans. I'm only guessing, but at half-time of the Florida game, they played to the student section, so they may just trying to get to all sides this year.

Anyways, good luck with the rest of your season.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Hey, LSU fan here. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I think the band playing to the south end-zone isn't supposed to be an attack on Auburn as a salute to the southern-endzone LSU fans. I'm only guessing, but at half-time of the Florida game, they played to the student section, so they may just trying to get to all sides this year.

Anyways, good luck with the rest of your season.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

That's kinda what I figured. I didn't figure the entire band would decide to taunt the Auburn fans or anything. The only reason I brought this up is, I have a feeling that the AU marching band felt some hostility from the band playing the LSU fight song in the Auburn section's face. As I said before, I don't think it was the right thing to do.

To clarify to those who missed it. Auburn's band began drumming the bass drums on LSU's last note of their fight song before they played the War Eagle fanfare. No horns or snares were playing during LSU's show.

About the bands... any band is going to sound worse than the Golden Band from Tigerland because they are the best in the nation. No, I'm not biased. They really are the best band in the nation, and they have the Sudler award to show for it.

P.S. The Sudler award is given to the nations best band each year.

first off, the Sudler award is given to the best band each year, but only given to that band once. Second, the MDB is consistantly ranked ABOVE the LSU band and also won the Sudler award last year. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but LSU only has the 2nd best band in the SEC...

That is correct. The band generally plays a portion of its show to "salute" a portion of the stadium. Not meant with bad intentions to any Auburn folks. From what I heard, everyone over there enjoyed it and had me wishing they were saluting the student section again.

You need to get your facts straight. Tiger Band was awarded the Sudler Trophy in 2002, Bama's band was awarded the Sudler Trophy for 2003. Following are other highlights of the Golden Band from Tigerland.

In the fall of 1997, in a survey taken by the Northwest Arkansas Times Newspaper of Fayetteville Arkansas, the SEC Band Directors unanimously voted the LSU Tiger Marching Band the best marching band in the Southeastern Conference.

Tiger Band was also the winner of the Chevrolet All-American Marching Band Contest in 1971. This is the only true contest that has ever been held for college marching bands. Tennessee's band came in second and Texas third in that competition.

Archived