What about this scenario?

aumoore

Everybody is talking about Auburn needing one of the top two to lose a game. What would happen if Auburn wins out and USC and Oklahoma both lose one? Who would we play in the Orange Bowl? I guess it might be Cal but what about Wisconsin as they are undefeated.

I know we are saying one game at a time but the last time I checked I am too old and out of shape to suit up on Saturdays so I can dream.

Beat the Dawgs!

Go Aggies(it could happen)

Go Beavers(don't bet any money on this happening)

Go Beavers(don't bet any money on this happening)

bennie the beaver needs to saw leinhart's legs off before osu beats usc

If USC and OK lose then we would play (assuming we went undef.) the # 2 team in the BCS. Now, what if Utah is 2? Do they let them play? I would like ot play Wisc or Cal to tell you the truth. What if We lost one too? Then all hell would break loose.

What if We lost one too? 

118210[/snapback]

This is heresy! Who let this guy in? Blasphemy!! :P

An AU UU (or whatever their acronym is) matchup would get ugly in a hurry. I'd take it though! An AU UW matchup would possibly be a good game, although I wouldn't put any money on them. If Cal jumped an undefeated UW in this scenario, I would be upset. No way a 1 loss PAC 10 team should jump them. Personally, I wish we could play a bunch of teams this year, especially media darlings, and put one up in their L columns.

I don't think we are going to have to worry about that scenario because there is no way both of them are going to lose a game. Hell, we'll be lucky if one of them loses, and personally, I think it will be Oklahoma, but you can always dream!!!

GO AGGIES!!!!

GO BEAVERS!!!

If the Beavers win what will the headlines be?

Beavers put the squeeze on the Trojans!

Beavers roll the Trojans!

Beavers nibble a hole in the Trojans defense!

The possibilities are endless. :)

Yeah, those headlines would get dirty in a hurry in college newspapers around the counry.

Why does Herbie have Cal at #2? I admit, they are the best team in the PAC 10. But still, why put a 1 loss team in front of several clearly better undefeated and one loss teams? Voters refuse to use 'who could beat who' logic when voting, they simply pick who they want to see play. A USC-Cal rematch would be "neat" to some in the Orange Bowl, but to most people its just plain dumb (unless those 2 are clearly the best teams). USC-OU was "supposed" to be last year, but it wasnt, get over it. Grr.

If the Beavers win what will the headlines be? 

Beavers put the squeeze on the Trojans!

Beavers roll the Trojans!

Beavers nibble a hole in the Trojans defense!

The possibilities are endless.  :)

118543[/snapback]

Trojans penetrate deep into Beaver Territory but never score!!!!

I still think if we win out we will play for the national title regardless of what OU and USC do. If we dont I would expect a playoff system to be put in very soon. On the other hand, if I were an Oklahoma fan and my team started the season at #2 and went undefeated and wasn't in the title game I would be extremely pissed.

As an aside, I've always wanted to see a game between Oregon State and South Carolina...talk about double entendere galore.

If OU and USC drop a game (I doubt that both teams lose a game...maybe one of them), then you've got Cal and Wisconsin next in line, then Utah.

Wisconsin still has road games at Michigan State and Iowa...they could lose one of those because while their defense is very good and will keep them in games, their offense is also very average and keeps games relatively close.

I don't think Utah loses...Colorado State, @ Wyoming and BYU. Rivalry games are always tricky, though.

the cowboys are going to end the dream season for the utes. that's my prediction.

also, i say AT LEAST one unbeaten loses today. dunno who, it just feels like an upset day b/c no one's really been talking about it. you know tam lost to baylor so they CAN'T beat ou. usc is "in the clubhouse" (from herbie's mouth). utah is number 6 so they're going to get in the bcs... who are they going to play? wisconsin gets james back and minnesota is schizo. i just think at least one of these games is gonna be an upset.

Archived