'I disagree with your views on rape and incest' but...

RunInRed

I don't think my post was value free. People seem to forget what is in the Bible. If you read the Bible, this is what you would expect the social conservatives to say.

It is interesting a smart person would think that social conservatism isn't dying due to birth rates... Turns out people can have ideals different than their parents. The youth of this country are increasingly less religious and less socially conservative than the previous generations.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every human is a product of incest, and god promoted rape in the bible.

Social conservatism is dying, and thank god for these idiots who are speeding up the death.

I guess I dont know much about the Bible so would you enlighten me on the Book, chapter and verse within which God is promoting rape?

Zechariah 14:1-2

King James Version (KJV)

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

There are other examples if you'd like them.

King James Version (KJV)

14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

King James Version (KJV)

Im sorry bud that is not promoting rape..that is a scripture of prophecy NOT promotion

Women are the spoils of victory that god gives you:

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

King James Version (KJV)

10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

God threatens to punish David by giving away his wife:

2 Samuel 12:11-14

King James Version (KJV)

11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

God says you should take women captives from your enemy.

Deuteronomy 21:10-14

King James Version (KJV)

10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the Lord thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,

11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;

12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

Archived