David Pol. vs O line

passthebiscuits

I agree...as long as Pollack doesn't beat them to the outside and get to JC before they can block him. I think they know he's pretty quick and will be well prepared for him and the rest of the UGA D.

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!

so what kind of NFL talent /potential does Pollack have?

Kiper has him listed at #11 overall, but can he/will he succeed in the NFL? Perhaps with the right team.

you know, cuz his "motors always runnin" for you ITAT ppl! LOL

so what kind of NFL talent /potential does Pollack have?

Kiper has him listed at #11 overall, but can he/will he succeed in the NFL? Perhaps with the right team.

you know, cuz his "motors always runnin" for you ITAT ppl! LOL

118534[/snapback]

#11!!! Is that Kiper smoking crack or something?? Pollack is by-far the most talented and productive player to come along since Herschel Walker. What is that boob thinking???

I look for "King David" to be drafted as a quarterback. He's such a great athlete it would be stupid for any NFL coach to put this kid at DL. Especially since he's been David Greene's buddy for so long, he's bound to know EVERYTHING there is to know about being a big-time QB.

you know they grew up together. greene and pollack have been friends since childhood AND they're even roommates now! whoddathunkit?

as for the matchup, mcneill is good enough to block him one on one (i know that's blasphemy or something but i stand by it). reddick is going to need help or we'll have to scheme to bail him out (it could be even worse if dunlap or hart makes his first career start out there).

Pollack is good, but he can be stopped. I think McNeil can handle him. Reddick will hold his own, meaning win a lot and lose a few. Dunlap and Hart might end up doing a lot of watching of this game. Neither are ready to take on Pollack. They'll play probably, but should only see limited PT.

Also, Campbell has more pocket presence this year. He knows Pollack, and will be ready for him.

Actually, if you look at the SEC stats, we have two DE's with similar stats to Pollack and much less playing time. Our OT's practice against those DE's every day, so I think that they will be well prepared regardless of who is playing against Pollack.

Pollack vs Auburn:

2001: 7 tackles, 2 sacks

2002: 10 tackles, 0 sacks

2003: 1 tackle, 0 sacks

118568[/snapback]

Didn't seem like he'd had that much success against us in the past. But, zero sacks in the last two years? :blink:

the 10 tackles is a huge game for an end, sack or no. and last year's low tackle count is predictable. remember that's the one where nallsminger was going to shock 'em and throw it every down. i think caddy and ronnie had 4 carries combined at the half. great gameplan. although pollack should've found a sack in all those pass attempts. tells me marcus did his job.

and i'd like to think that hart and dunlap will be on the sidelines, but if ingle can't play, lindsey moves inside. you've got to either start duckworth at guard or move troy inside and start hart or dunlap. so they could be out there ready it or not.

Archived