2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

How soon do our coaches really hit the trail. I mean, obviously they have been recruiting but how soon does 2014 get their undivided attention?

I guarantee the "big board" was being changed as Gus was giving his signing day press conference. By the end of the day on Wednesday there was a 2014 target list posted and plans being made for who, when, where and how they would recruit next years class.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do not merge this thread. The 2013 version was superb. The lazy among us like me need a good recap thread to catch up on basics. Individual threads get full of non sense and or over zealous thread police correcting everything people say.

I don't think well have a great idea on who'll we will get until at least A-Day where we can see what we need.

Respectfully disagree again. Malzahn recruits like he coaches, fast paced. I expect 3 or 4 commits by the second junior day.

I don't think well have a great idea on who'll we will get until at least A-Day where we can see what we need.

Respectfully disagree again. Malzahn recruits like he coaches, fast paced. I expect 3 or 4 commits by the second junior day.

Kinda curious myself as to who is gonna step up and be the face of the 2014 class. Hmmm..................... :headscratch:

Kinda curious myself as to who is gonna step up and be the face of the 2014 class. Hmmm..................... :headscratch:

I replied to your PM BTW

I replied to your PM BTW

E - who do you think will be the JJ & CT for 2014. If u had to guess...............

I'm sure Gus has a better idea for who we need, but myself personally ill hold off judgement till A-Day. Can't wait to see what type of class Gus brings in with a full year

I replied to your PM BTW

E - who do you think will be the JJ & CT for 2014. If u had to guess...............

It's too early to tell. I don't know the kids in the 2014 class yet.

I replied to your PM BTW

I trust Gus Malzahn. That's all. WDE!

I replied to your PM BTW

I trust Gus Malzahn. That's all. WDE!

I'm right there with you. With the last staff it almost seemed like we had to make sure things were okay. I'm more relaxed now!

Blaise Taylor will never sign with Auburn.

I agree. Seems like a "We gotta offer this kid or we look like a bunch of vindictive :moon: es" kinda deal. Especially with him at AHS, don't wanna make new enemies with the locals. Hahahahaha!

I agree. Seems like a "We gotta offer this kid or we look like a bunch of vindictive :moon: es" kinda deal. Especially with him at AHS, don't wanna make new enemies with the locals. Hahahahaha!

Not sure why you guys are saying. There may be ill feelings for the Taylor's to Auburn but as of now that is unfounded speculation.

Not sure why you guys are saying. There may be ill feelings for the Taylor's to Auburn but as of now that is unfounded speculation.

You are correct. I have no facts or quotes to base this on. I just tried to think of myself in that situation. If I'm an AU coach, I have to make nice with the local HS in order to be the BIGGER man. If I'm Blaise, NO WAY in heck do I play at AU.

You are correct. I have no facts or quotes to base this on. I just tried to think of myself in that situation. If I'm an AU coach, I have to make nice with the local HS in order to be the BIGGER man. If I'm Blaise, NO WAY in heck do I play at AU.

Based on Blaise's tweets from a week ago he still loves Auburn. Based on Gus's personality he does not play games like that. He is a no nonsense guy. I believes he offers to kids who he genuinely wants.

Based on Blaise's tweets from a week ago he still loves Auburn. Based on Dos's personality he does not plat games like that. He is a no nonsense guy. I believes he offers to kids who he genuinely wants.

Well Trooper sure played a bunch of "games" in recruiting. I guess I'm assuming Blaise and Troop have a good father/son relationship, in which case there is NO WAY IN HECK he plays at AU! He lives here and has another year to go, of course he is gonna say he still loves Auburn.

Based on Blaise's tweets from a week ago he still loves Auburn. Based on Dos's personality he does not plat games like that. He is a no nonsense guy. I believes he offers to kids who he genuinely wants.

Well Trooper sure played a bunch of "games" in recruiting. I guess I'm assuming Blaise and Troop have a good father/son relationship, in which case there is NO WAY IN HECK he plays at AU! He lives here and has another year to go, of course he is gonna say he still loves Auburn.

He is saying it on his own without being asked or provoked. You are basing this again on an unproven theory of Trooper having bad feelings with Auburn. Until and unless we know more you are grasping at straws to create an intriguing story.

EDIT: 23 just confirmed with me it's not a PR move. Gus is really interested although probably would not take a commitment right now.

Haven't heard anything on EJ Moss any news who's leading

Miss State is the only one that offered him but he will pick up several offers from SEC schools soon before his announcement date. Hard to say for now.

Kamryn Pettway committed to fsu yesterday. Yet another Prattville player headed there.

There is no yet another to it. Golson picked Ole Miss remember. And give it time on Pettway. FSU is his only offer right now.

Archived