2014 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/14/14)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish we had everything in place tso we'd win another BCSNC game.

Is that the same tso that makes that delicious chicken?

• 4 weeks later...

So, no thread on Adam Choice. He has visited a couple times and seems impressed, any thoughts? Not tall but well built.

I saw a Bleacher report on Jabril Peppers from Paramus Catholic in New Jersey. Really looks good and sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Ranked #2 in the nation - http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jabrill-Peppers-115915;_ylt=An4_wfSG4IfH11E_f1u7j3hGPZB4

He has an offer from Alabama among others but none from Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...

Does Trooper Taylor's dismissal end our chances with the Berry twins?

This is something I was asked about yesterday by a friend. I told him I didn't know if Mel & Cheese were very high on them and that with CTT landing in K-ville they were probably stocking up on Black Powder and deerskin clothes.

Updated (4/21/13):

Added:

LB Delvin Purifoy

CB Nicholas Ruffin

S Tez Parks (brother of HB/TE Ricky Parks)

Leaders changed:

WR D'haquille Williams - Auburn

DE Justin Thornton - Auburn/LSU

RB Roc Thomas - Auburn/Alabama

Breakdown on AU leaders:

QB Kendrick Doss

RB Roc Thomas

WR D'haquille Williams

TE Jakell Mitchell

OL Kendall Baker

DE Justin Thornton

LB Tre Williams

LB Rashaan Evans

LB Vincent Jackson

CB Stephen Roberts

OL Andrew Marshall (Not offered)

OL Terrone Prescod (Not offered)

DT Josiah Coatney (Not offered)

S Tez Parks (Not offered)

I heard from a very reliable "source" that AU is in very good shape with Justin Thornton and Tre Williams!! FWIW

Just read from source and updated on Justin Thornton. Thanks. WDE!

Updated (4/21/13):

Added:

LB Delvin Purifoy

CB Nicholas Ruffin

S Tez Parks (brother of HB/TE Ricky Parks)

Leaders changed:

WR D'haquille Williams - Auburn

DE Justin Thornton - Auburn/LSU

RB Roc Thomas - Auburn/Alabama

Breakdown on AU leaders:

QB Kendrick Doss

RB Roc Thomas

WR D'haquille Williams

TE Jakell Mitchell

OL Kendall Baker

DE Justin Thornton

LB Tre Williams

LB Rashaan Evans

LB Vincent Jackson

CB Stephen Roberts

OL Andrew Marshall (Not offered)

OL Terrone Prescod (Not offered)

DT Josiah Coatney (Not offered)

S Tez Parks (Not offered)

I think you are overestimating on some leaders right now.

QB Kendrick Doss-offer not commitable at the moment

WR D'haquille Williams-still think LSU leads but I hope they drop the ball with him.

LB Vincent Jackson-Likely even with Bama

CB Stephen Roberts-Bama leads at the moment

DE Justin Thornton- This one is confusing. He maintained for a while Florida was his leader. Then last week he randomly tweeted LSU leads. And now has a top 3 of Auburn, Florida, and FSU. WDEWDE sure as heck was not kidding when he said Thornton's head was spinning and his top list would change a number of times before NSD.

WR D'haquille Williams-still think LSU leads but I hope they drop the ball with him.

DE Justin Thornton- This one is confusing. He maintained for a while Florida was his leader. Then last week he randomly tweeted LSU leads. And now has a top 3 of Auburn, Florida, and FSU. WDEWDE sure as heck was not kidding when he said Thornton's head was spinning and his top list would change a number of times before NSD.

Doss - we are trying to recruit Park, Cornwell and Watson harder but I like our chances on Doss. Its not over yet. I got Cornwell to Bama, Park to Virginia Tech and Watson sticks with Clemson. We got slight chance to get Jacob Park commits w AU and no chances on Watson/Cornwell. Drew Barker? I don't know.

Williams - I like our chances right now. If LSU offered him then LSU will be his leader.

Jackson - I like our chances for now. We'll see with his next visits to other schools.

Roberts - I don't believe what SDH say about him. I like our chances but you never know.

Thornton - its tossup between lsu and auburn. I trust Dameyune Craig's recruiting pitch in Mobile area. Ask Da'Shaun Davis.

WDE!

Doss - we are trying to recruit Park, Cornwell and Watson harder but I like our chances on Doss. Its not over yet. I got Cornwell to Bama, Park to Virginia Tech and Watson sticks with Clemson. We got slight chance to get Jacob Park commits w AU and no chances on Watson/Cornwell. Drew Barker? I don't know.

Williams - I like our chances right now. If LSU offered him then LSU will be his leader.

Jackson - I like our chances for now. We'll see with his next visits to other schools.

Roberts - I don't believe what SDH say about him. I like our chances but you never know.

Thornton - its tossup between lsu and auburn. I trust Dameyune Craig's recruiting pitch in Mobile area. Ask Da'Shaun Davis.

WDE!

Me saying Bama leads for Roberts came from Hoke (he would know more than you or I). I have not seen SDH say anything about Roberts other than he will recruit him. Roberts visiting Bama instead of Auburn yesterday is telling for right now IMO. Us getting Roberts may depend on who commits first with him and Ruffin leaning to Bama. Bama is taking 2 more CBs in this class and 1 one of those spots is reserved for Humphrey.

WDE!

Me saying Bama leads for Roberts came from Hoke (he would know more than you or I). I have not seen SDH say anything about Roberts other than he will recruit him. Roberts visiting Bama instead of Auburn yesterday is telling for right now IMO. Us getting Roberts may depend on who commits first with him and Ruffin leaning to Bama. Bama is taking 2 more CBs in this class and 1 one of those spots is reserved for Humphrey.

Alabama already got a cornerback (Bessent) in this class right now. I don't think Roberts' offer from Bama is not commitable right now because like you say this spot is reserved for Humphrey.

WDE!

Alabama already got a cornerback (Bessent) in this class right now. I don't think Roberts' offer from Bama is not commitable right now because like you say this spot is reserved for Humphrey.

You might be right. Even if Bama is leading in his mind right now it may not matter. I just looked at their offer list. They probably have 3 or 4 CBs in front of both Roberts and Ruffin, and that is not counting Bessent and Humphrey

Georgia leads for Kendall Baker.

WDE!

You might be right. Even if Bama is leading in his mind right now it may not matter. I just looked at their offer list. They probably have 3 or 4 CBs in front of both Roberts and Ruffin, and that is not counting Bessent and Humphrey

Georgia leads for Kendall Baker.

Kendall Baker say Georgia and Auburn are his top two but my prediction would be Georgia for now.

• I like Ruffin and Roberts and Tez Parks at CB.
  • I believe we end up with Doss at QB but with JJ I'm not that concerned especially if he can RS.
  • Williams and Evans along with Davis @ LB.
  • Thomas and Pettway @ RB.
  • I think we have a shot with Hand at DE with Dede as his coach.
  • WR - I think Williams is dependent upon what LSU decides IMO.

• I like Ruffin and Roberts and Tez Parks at CB.
  • I believe we end up with Doss at QB but with JJ I'm not that concerned especially if he can RS.
  • Williams and Evans along with Davis @ LB.
  • Thomas and Pettway @ RB.
  • I think we have a shot with Hand at DE with Dede as his coach.
  • WR - I think Williams is dependent upon what LSU decides IMO.

1 - I believe we can sign 2 or 3 of them. Pretty solid CBs for this class.

2 - Yes, we will if Jacob Park to Virginia Tech.

3 - Yes and we might get 4th LB, too.

4 - Good chance but not 100% confident yet.

5 - 5% chance

6 - Yep.

Doss may end up signing with Auburn but IMO I think it will be a long time before his offer is commitable. Right now the coaches like Park and Barker better. Even if those 2 commit to other schools I expect Auburn to continue to pursue them as well as ecalling other QBs to see if they can find more efficient passers before they get comfortable making Doss a top priority.

Updated (4/24/13):

CB Stephen Roberts changed his leader to Alabama. ***I was told by someone that Alabama would take three cornerbacks for their recruiting class in 2014 (Bessent, Humphrey & Roberts).

RB Adam Choice changed his leader to Auburn.

RB Myles Autry added Florida State on his leaders.

S Allen Artis added Vanderbilt on his leaders.

DT Elisha Shaw added Alabama on his leaders.

Added:

S Demetrius Kemp

Updated (4/24/13):

CB Stephen Roberts changed his leader to Alabama. ***I was told by someone that Alabama would take three cornerbacks for their recruiting class in 2014 (Bessent, Humphrey & Roberts).

Even though Bama plans on taking 3. I am sure they will not turn down a speed demon like Tony Brown if he wants in.

Updated (4/24/13):

Even though Bama plans on taking 3. I am sure they will not turn down a speed demon like Tony Brown if he wants in.

They might take him as best available. I dont think Tony Brown will commits to Alabama.

Archived