Bama/MSU

AUesquire

Bama has a tough, hard nosed defense and their running game is pretty good. MSU is easily one of the worst teams in the nation and was absolutely in the game until about 7:00 to go when everything went Bama's way. Two straight holding calls on kickoffs to pin themselves deep and a fumble that gave UA thier last TD. Also, Croom is awful. On their next to last drive, down by 9, he gave up and handed the ball off up the middle 3 straight plays.

Bama is completely one-dimensional. Yea, yea, yea, I know about the injuries but these "third stringers" are now experienced and all they can do is run the ball. As it turns out, they still haven't played anyone and have to struggle and have every call go their way just to beat...cough, hack, wheeze...MSU. Sorry, but I was just not impressed with this or any other win they.ve had. MSU is pathetic and with the tiniest bit of execution or any break to go their way, they win this game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama sucks. AU will 800 yards on UA's defense, while winning 56-0.

Bama sucks.  AU will 800 yards on UA's defense, while winning 56-0.

118739[/snapback]

I wouldn't say they sucked but I will say unless UAT finds balance and fast the beating :usc: & :arky: gave you could be mild after :lsu: and :au: get done with UAT. You guys are about to play teams with defenses as good or better than UAT's I know you guys are "the #1 D" but that total yards. Not trying to take anything away from them they have played well but your offense cant hold the ball and UAT will get tired having to stay on the field so long, so if I was a bammer I would get ready the next two weeks could be ugly.

I think Bama has done as well as they could, but MSU has made a bunch of teams look good this year. I certainly don't think Bama has the horses to stay with LSU or Auburn.

I wonder how they will like the Poulan Weedeater Bowl?

Bama should forfeit the last two games and stay at home. They could use the much needed rest to prepare for the bowl game.

TideFan 24, you're joking right?

118756[/snapback]

No way. The phantasmagoria known as the LSU offense will pick apart every weakness the Bama defense has. I fully expect Bama's defense to give up at least 1600 yards over the next two weeks. That would put their total defense back down to about 114th, right where they belong, you know....because they haven't played anyone to deserve the ranking they currently hold.

Cry us a river tidefan...you know MSU gave your guys more than they wanted. Don't act like it wasn't a close game for a while.

LSU will beat uat because LSU's D knows exactly what uat is going to try to do. Plus, LSU's offense is a little better than uat's, so I'm saying LSU wins by no more than 7. It should be a good game.

Cry us a river tidefan...you know MSU gave your guys more than they wanted.  Don't act like it wasn't a close game for a while.

LSU will beat uat because LSU's D knows exactly what uat is going to try to do.  Plus, LSU's offense is a little better than uat's, so I'm saying LSU wins by no more than 7.  It should be a good game.

118759[/snapback]

Yes they did, just like Ole Miss did AU last week. The difference is, AU had an off night and still won by 21, but Bama had to get every call their way to win by 16. Bama's defense hasn't played anyone to deserve the ranking they got, and they will get thrashed by LSU and AU.

Instead of getting baited into a pointless defense arguement again, I'm just going to agree. Good luck with :uga: .

What defense agrument? uat's defense is the only reason they're not dead last in the SEC West. It's the offense that's going to lose these last two games....completely one-dimensional. I guess they can brag that neither the QB or RB got hurt tonight because there's nothing else to brag about. Making Darby run 36 times will only work on some teams...Pennington will have to have more than 15 passing attempts too, which doesn't look like that will happen. There hasn't been even a whimper of a passing game since Brodie got hurt.

But like I said, uat has a good defense. Not many teams would have a lot of success running the ball against them. Too many injuries on offense though...

What defense agrument?  uat's defense is the only reason they're not dead last in the SEC West.  It's the offense that's going to lose these last two games....completely one-dimensional.  I guess they can brag that neither the QB or RB got hurt tonight because there's nothing else to brag about.  Making Darby run 36 times will only work on some teams...Pennington will have to have more than 15 passing attempts too, which doesn't look like that will happen.  There's hasn't been even a whimper of a passing game since Brodie got hurt.

But like I said, uat has a good defense.  Not many teams would have a lot of success running the ball against them.  Too many injuries on offense though...

118772[/snapback]

If I would have made ANY response in which I said that bama could be one demensional and STILL have a chance at beating LSU, this thread would blow up with people telling me that bama's defense isn't as good as LSU's OR AU's, and Bama will be thrashed in both games. If I challenged the person that said Bama's offense can't hold the ball, with the facts that Bama is either #1 or #2 in time of possession in the SEC, I would be told that TOP means nothing if they can't put it in the endzone. Instead of engaging in an arguement in which stats don't matter(unless they are rushing or scoring defense) I just decided to agree.

As for not having anything to brag about other than not getting anyone hurt, well, Bama is right where most people(not UA fans) expected them to be, with a whole lot more injuries than expected. If before the season started, we would have factored in the ENTIRE starting backfield being gone for the year, no way would anyone would have predicted bama to have 6 wins this year. Also, bama is now bowl eligible. There is plenty to be happy about, but I'm not about to try and bring that over here.

Let us bow down! AU is showing all of their might! I am so amazed that Numa of all people has the short term memory problem he hasnt shown before. That whole superiority thing is gleaming through bright and shiny. We play a close game for 3 quarters with miss state in a game where we caught a TON of bad calls....and we suck and shouldnt show up for the next two.

While AU, on the other hand, played an very close game for 3 qs against ole miss (a team we absolutley plastered) and it was just "luck" that Ole miss was in the game.

Good lord guys you sound like john f'in kerry. we are in the same scenario you were in last week...same thing happens...we end up winning 30-14 and we suck. you win 35-14 and you are all world? give me a freaking break. go read some more AU is king press clippings or something.

You dont think MSU was maybe playing over their heads a little since they were playing alabama? you dont think they got geeked up because of the whole 'croom' thing?

Oh i forgot...when we score its because the team was making a mistake...when auburn scores its because no one should step on the field with them.

now i know why it was so hard for me to pull for au against ut. win a couple of games and you act like your *!)# dont stink.

and for the record...AU had 182 passing yards on 22 attempts against msu. We had 119 on 15 pass attempts. Both teams ran for 283.

I cant believe we should even expect to show up nov 20th. We should stay at home and forefeit.

they still haven't played anyone

118723[/snapback]

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/toughe...9games_cumm.pdf

SOS - AU 18 UA 19

that tired sad line is getting old.

And by having everything go our way...im sure you mean FORCING a fumble and driving it in from ten yards out. (because that was so much more of a fluke then Brandon Brooks muffing a punt and giving them the ball at midfield.) Or how about their 2nd td drive where they got an extra down after a crap facemask call where our guy tackled the rb by the waist? Maybe you mean when Brandon Brooks got slung down by his facemask and they called holding on us...not facemask.

30-16. We won...you got lucky against ole miss.

While AU, on the other hand, played an very close game for 3 qs against ole miss (a team we absolutley plastered) and it was just "luck" that Ole miss was in the game.

Funny you choose Ole Miss when comparing common opponents. Why not look at Arkansas and UT? Oh yeah, because we BLEW OUT both those teams you lost to. Remember? And about Ole Miss, we beat them by exactly the same margin you did and we did it on the road and played our worst game of the season. Im not sure what your trying to argue here.

QUOTE(AUesquire @ Nov 6 2004, 09:14 PM)

they still haven't played anyone

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/toughe...9games_cumm.pdf

SOS - AU 18 UA 19

that tired sad line is getting old.

You may be getting tired of hearing it but its true. The only good team you guys have played this year beat you and you still have your two toughest games ahead. On the other hand Auburn has blown out 8 of 9 opponents and all games but 2 have been over by halftime. We are proud of this team and have every right to brag and this being an Auburn board we can bash bama all we want.

I would say that Bama has played very well with all that's going on over there,as far as depth is concerned. We all know you can throw out the records when Auburn plays Bama, so I woud hold of on running off too much about that game....besides, we need to be thinking more about the UGA game.

our resident UATers seem especially touchy over here after a victory.... they also seem downright indignant that auburn fans on an auburn board would dare to discuss the UAT game in a manner that is anything less than glowingly pro-UAT.

like i've said before, it's so great that these things will get to play out on the field instead of on our forum boards.

ct

Throw out the records? Why?

I think the graphic last year was 40-6-1 on the team with the best record winning the Iron Bowl.

Stat do you remember this one?

our resident UATers seem especially touchy over here after a victory.... they also seem downright indignant that auburn fans on an auburn board would dare to discuss the UAT game in a manner that is anything less than glowingly pro-UAT.

like i've said before, it's so great that these things will get to play out on the field instead of on our forum boards.

ct

118790[/snapback]

Not really touchy, I'll find a way to better word where I was going last night.

AU plays an Ole Miss team that was playing with a lot of emotion. Ole Miss makes it a game until halfway through the third quarter. AU showed character and finally put away an Ole Miss team that is playing a LOT better than when Bama played them.

UA plays a Miss St. team that was playing with a lot of emotion. Miss St makes it a game until halfway through the third quarter. UA needed every single call/break to go their way to scratch out a win against the worst team in NCAA.

If this were posted the other way around on a UA board, you guys would be calling us arrogant. Both games were very close to being played the same way. Both UA/AU made big plays and did what they had to do to win.

Tidefan made my point for me. It bothers me that you guys see things with an obvious slant when the facts are sitting before you. It was almost the same exact scenario with your ole miss game and our miss state game. I guess im just tired of the attitude. And no CT i dont expect AU fans to be falling all over bama for winning a game. I do expect a lot of you guys to be objective...i mean yall are level headed when it comes to discussing anything else in the college football world. But when it comes to alabama...its like you just forget objectivity for the sake of rivalry.

I think the biggest difference was we were playing a team that was supposed to be half decent on the road.

Y'all were squeaking by the only team in the West worse than you, and you were at home.

I constantly have this same discussion with my brother who is a big time Bama fan. :om: and :msu: are two very different teams. The Ole Miss squd that you guys played is not the same one that we played. Sprulock was the qb when Bama played Ole Miss and I think he got llike four snaps against us. When Coach Cutcliffe finally made a quaterback change, Lane led them right down the feild to a touchdown. Bama fans don't forget that this was Ms. State htat you just played. Your offense is by far the most predictable in the country, and I know that you have the " #1 Defense in the Country", but by your own standards look at :lsu: and :au: . http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...teamtotdef.html

Why would these defenses not be able to dominate your offense.

which would you favor :au: 's#19 offense vs. :ua: 's#1 defense

:au: 's #5 defense vs. :ua: 's #74 offense :no::no:

Side note Bammys: Guess who has the #1 and #2 rush Defenses in the :sec: .

If you said :au: and :lsu: you get a big :thumbsup:

W.D.E. :cheer:

Archived