• Last Reply

Why would Stoops leave Oklahoma?

Only 2 reasons i can think of are

1)We're throwing out a lot of money

2)Oklahoma is about to lose a lot of veteran talent

"IF" it is Stoops, that would be a Grand Slam hire

Agreed!

He would take our current talent and we could see huge strides quickly

yea but Bob Stoops coached teams always managed to lose the big games...where do you think the name Choke-lahoma came from.

There will be no "boom" hire...that talk is just something to give blog posters something to talk about. JMO but the next coaching hire will disappoint most people who will promptly claim we did not try to hit a homerun, TPTB screwed up the hiring process, if Dyer wasn't involved we could have had a real coach, etc. etc.

Folks on this site just love to bi**** and the next AD and/coaching hire will give them plenty to talk about.

It would have to be a $#!+ load of money. Isn't he already making $4mil?

All staff will likely be gone.

Random thought if it's Stoops Martinez will definitely stay since they'll be reunited

He resigned from Oklahoma though and Bob's brother Mike Stoops became the new DC/DBs coach. I kinda wonder if he was pushed towards leaving since his brother came in

No sources here, but I "speculate" that it will be Randy Spetman (AD at FSU). Will Jimbo follow him?

It's not them. Jimbo has been a rumor all along. Whoever it is is a completely new name within the past day

Does Auburn really want another situation where the AD and HC are pals ? If you are going to do that you might as well let the same person be HC and AD. I am not necessarily opposed to that either since that was the way it was done a lot in the old days.

A sucessful HC has to have a good relationship with his AD, but it does need to be an arms-length relationship.

That is my thinking.

I have no sources to confirm this but I could definitely see that Stoops and OU may be getting tired of each other and want a mutual parting of ways.

I have no sources to confirm this but I could definitely see that Stoops and OU may be getting tired of each other and want a mutual parting of ways.

I think I would like that!

For peats sake!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Will Muschamp but come on guys

1st year at Florida he went 7-6 and wins a bowl. Losses against Bama 38-10, LSU 41-11, and Auburn

2nd year 7-1 thus far

More than likely 0 NC, 0 Undeated teams, 0 division titles, 0 SEC titles

We have such a short term memory...

Gene Chizik

1st year at Auburn he went 8-5 and wins a bowl. Losses to Bama 26-21 and LSU 31-10

2nd year 14-0

In 2 years 1 NC, 1 Undefeated team, 1 division title, 1 SEC title, 2-0 bowl record

For peats sake!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Will Muschamp but come on guys

1st year at Florida he went 7-6 and wins a bowl. Losses against Bama 38-10, LSU 41-11, and Auburn

2nd year 7-1 thus far

More than likely 0 NC, 0 Undeated teams, 0 division titles, 0 SEC titles

We have such a short term memory...

Gene Chizik

1st year at Auburn he went 8-5 and wins a bowl. Losses to Bama 26-21 and LSU 31-10

2nd year 14-0

In 2 years 1 NC, 1 Undefeated team, 1 division title, 1 SEC title, 2-0 bowl record

yes but in 2 years he has shown a commitment to the run game and great defenses....neither of which chizik has accomplished. AND twice he has changed the offensive style without a lack luster transition....something else chizik couldn't do.

It's not Muschamp. I do not think EDW and Tate were thinking about WM's nickname in the posts/ tweets. Just coincedence.Some are reading too much into it.

Archived